Australia vs Netherlands - June 18 - Porto Alegre [R]

Discussion in 'Group B: Spain, Chile, Australia, Netherlands' started by el-capitano, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    YOU WERE SAYING?

Pipiolo repped this.
  2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the reign of Spain is on the wane and they will find themselves on a plane in pain and not in the round of six-tane unless they score ethnane against the land of Magallane...

*ethnane = 2 in Arabic...

3. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Actually, they need to score three now. The stars need to align for a draw to suffice.

4. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I'm not saying or predicting. I'm happy Chile is winning.
    I was just commenting on permutations.

5. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    You can't be serious. The ref forums does not allow "ref bashing" either, it's a bunch of pompous Sunday-league zebra nazis who hand out forum bans like candy to anyone who suggest that refs are not monk-like paragons of perfection.

So, you are running a public discussion forum for the world's largest sporting event and not allowing the fans to bitch about the officiating? Are you ********ing kidding me? That's ridiculous even by the standards of BigSoccer. Get a grip.

Teso Dos Bichos repped this.
  6. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    I have started a complaint thread in the Customer Service forum about the modding of these threads.
    If you agree with me that the policy of forbidding discussion of officiating in matchday threads is ridiculous, please go add your voice.

Teso Dos Bichos repped this.
  7. spitfire04

spitfire04 Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Torquay
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All I am saying is... English people get used to stereotyping, we have to put up with the usual crap, but we laugh it off, because we are confident in who we are. I get the feeling that Brasilian people are too touchy about what others say about them. Just stop worrying! If you are confident in who you are, it shouldn't matter what other uneducated people say about you, pal:)

And I have had the pleasure of knowing a beautiful Brasilian girl, and she is dark, Latino and hot:)

8. Wolfie65

Wolfie65 Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Albuquerque, NM
    Nice job, Aussie!
    Now here's your chance to beat the (technically still reigning) World Champions.
    Spain haven't even scored a proper goal in this tourney, they are fat, lazy and in total disarray, and you have nothing to lose and nothing to prove.
    Throw everything you've got against Spain, leave it all on the field and waltz Matilda.

Pipiolo repped this.
  9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mod note: trolling and flaming are unacceptable. Upon review, a few posts were edited, deleted, and/or given infractions. If somebody is trolling, report it, don't respond.

el-capitano repped this.
  10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Some consistency please.

11. The Spanish king abdicated and so did the Spanish kings of soccer.
    By the way, we finally won against the Aussies after ,what was it, 3 matches and 3 defeats.

12. Antario2

Antario2 Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    There have been 3 friendlies before, 2 draws and one loss. Competitive games...are a different ball game.

In regard to the match. Not sure if Van Gaal knowingly chose a tactically sub optimal formation to appease the players is a good or a bad thing. It could have gone pretty wrong and also reeks a bit of over confidence, same as spending the entire preparation period on preparation for the Spain match.

Then there is the problems in midfield. Sneijder, De Guzman and De Jong is about as creative in possession as a brick wall.

13. MrOranjeBal

MrOranjeBal Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Club:
    AZ
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    A bit late but well done Aussies! Good luck against Spain. Oh, and be sure to test the goalie, whether it's IC or DdG!