Austin Aztex

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by WizardOfTheDribble, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did they change the logo and I missed it? :confused:

The name isn't so bad. At least they managed to mix in some alliteration. So we've got that working for us, which is nice....

I can only hope you guys doing the supporters' group thing have everything worked out by opening kickoff. The Aztex deserve a professional showing: flares, cannons, the whole nine yards.

No one in the front office liked my idea about dressing the team in UT football helmets and pads. They also refused to budge on the "not using your hands" thing, so if we don't sellout every game it's not my fault.

2. Willy_Speed

Willy_Speed New Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Cedar Park TX
    Hey Thanks for supporting the Aztex

to answer that last question, The Aztex have had a change in the uniform provider
    so things are getting a little delayed, but they should be on sale by the time the MLS madness event takes place

3. explosionsinthesky

explosionsinthesky New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Yeah i cant believe they didn't go for the UT helmets and pads.
    What a great marketing scam. haha.

4. animategrayskies

Sep 22, 2006
    Austin
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So who will be making the new jerseys? And why the move away from Adidas? Did a contract expire or something like that?

5. Blackburn

Blackburn New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine it's something to do with cost and/or league regulations. I don't think Nike and Adidas are concerning themselves with who makes USL-1 kit that much. I could be completely off base with that though.

6. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Nike owns a significant stake in the USL. Not sure on the specifics though. I think they bought Umbro's stake or something like that.