Pre-match: Austin Aztex FC Vs. Houston Dynamo 3/7/2009

Discussion in 'Austin Aztex' started by kingqueso, Mar 3, 2009.

1. kingqueso

kingqueso Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And so it begins... Were just a few days away from our show down with the Dynamo. So, what does everyone think? Is anyone bold enough to predict a victory? Will any Houston trolls have anything intelligent to say (doubtful)? What are the things you will be watching for from the Aztex as signs of improvement? What players/positions are you concerned about in this game?

It's another exhibition against a mighty MLS side, and we'll see if Aztex FC has anything to show our friends from the armpit of Texas.:cool:

2. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well well well Mr. misfit you have gotten mighty uppity, I like that ;).

I started out by predicting that "if" we were to loose everyone of these exibitions it would be by no more than a goal difference. But that prediction was shot down last Sat. however, given that Hosuton will be coming from a loong road trip and also givin the fact that they, and their supporters, seem to have quiet the underestimate of us I will go ahead and say that we have a 25% chance of loosing out right, especially if we have improved at least moderatly after the Revs match which I think we will.

3. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hehe. I'm all ready getting under the frutas skin. I posted a nelson HAHA video on their thread about the Atlante second leg, which they lost handily 3-0 since by the time anybody reads this it'll be tommorow, and they trolled me.

Let the record show that that Csk guy fired first soo I returned the favor on his hide.

4. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Armpit of Texas. this must be a song. i'll try to come up with something. and post back.

Speaking of concaf champions league, im glad to see Houston go, while Montreal gallop through. Hopefully Puerto Rico too. Although the debate about the gap between MLS & USL is not really a vavid argument. This still gives USL some bragging rights and a slap in the face to MLS. Take that Garber you piece of Garbage.

I know it's easier for Montreal and Puerto Rico to get in the Champions League. ie. (canadian championship for impact)(CFU Club Championship for islanders). There is no reason why Austin couldn't steal the US Open cup and sneak in there down the line.

Anyways, back to Houston:
    This in-state derby should be (whenever Houston is in Austin)themed based around the Texas Archive War and the Come and Take it Flag. The symbolism is "If you F#ckers (houston) want it. Come and Take it!

5. AustinFC

AustinFC New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Austin
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    valid^.

oh, mabye that could be welded into a chant:

"If you want it. Come and Take it!"

mabye one of you could try to make that work in some way.

6. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a lot depends on how serious the teams take the game. Will both teams field lineups similar to what they would in a regular season game, or will they experiment like last week? I would guess the latter.

One thing Houston typically does well is crossing the ball and scoring from the air. This could be a good test for our backline. I'd also like to see us move the ball down the middle of the field with some more success than last week.

Most important of all, I'd like to not freeze my @$$ off. A better turnout would also be nice.

7. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The trumpets have arrived, so we'll have them for this weekend. Loud enough to where I was almost kicked out of the house when I "blew my horn". :D

8. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and they call me loco. :rolleyes:

Ese, tu eres la shit.

9. Rangerus

Rangerus Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Falls City TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the Dynamo last night against Atlante. We have the finest food, the finest equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world, why, I actually pity those poor s-o-b's we're going up against.

discuss.

10. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK. You live in Cedar Park. But have 'Houston' as 'being a supporter of...'

Can't tell from the above if you're trash-talking Houston or not.

As to me... I'm expecting we're going to have our asses handed to us. Houston is going to come here with an attitude after having looked STOOPID in Mexico. We're still very much in noobies mode.

I will be very pleased if we score. Even more pleased if we tie.

It would be delicious if we won.

But I'm not expecting it, and will steer clear of trash-talking the Dynamo. I'll save that for when we meet them in the Open Cup.

11. Rangerus

Rangerus Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Falls City TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    okaaay, thank you for the honest and sincere discussion. by the way, that unwarranted smack talk is just a quote from General George S Patton. I had to put it up before Alejo beat me to it. :)

(comment un called for. sorry. :)

BTW, I could not find "supporter of" button for Aztex. Just for the u23 squad.:D

12. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's Huss & Big Soccer for you. They still have California Victory & Indiana Blast under the USL-1 Thread. :rolleyes:

13. Roma_Wolves

Roma_Wolves New Member

May 4, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While it would be amazing to win (especially as an FC Dallas fan). I'd have to predict "no chance in h..." I guess it depends who they bring though. They have a lot of pre-season commitments that are a lot more serious than the Aztex.

14. mgrayscale

mgrayscale Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Buda, TX
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, I actually think we have a better chance than I've heard others state in either a draw or a narrow victory. The Dynamo have lost some good players in the off season, and some of the remaining players seem to be trying to figure out their role without the former personnel. An example of this was Brian Ching's movements last night against Atlante without De Rosario to help. As such, the striking ability was much less than I would've expected.

And Houston's defense didn't wow me either. Atlante was able to move in and out of the back line at will.

So although I don't believe it will be a cake walk, it's quite feasible that the Aztex will be pleased with the scoreboard readout. Of course, this is dependent on the number of changes made between halves, the weather, Gifton's mobility, and how the rest of the squad has improved in an additional 5 days of practice.

So, my prediction, is a close match.

Which means now that the Aztex will lose 5-0 because I said this. :(

15. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to put this request on several threads soo at least somebody will bring a camcorder/digital camera, or both. POR FAVOR MIS HERMANOS, we gotta spread our Rep as soon as possible.

And no sweat Matt, just knock on wood and take a shot, it'll nullify it. ;)

16. Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Austin Texas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eddie Robinson is going to be out with a knee injury. That's a key injury to an already less than stellar backline for the Dynamo. Let's go Aztex!

17. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dude, that is one sweet ass online name, think you can live by it come Sat me bucko? ;)

VAM0S AZTECAS, UP THE RAW

18. t_attakz

t_attakz Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hope you are better at writing songs then predicting soccer games. See you tomorrow!

As far as backline goes, we were the number 1 defense in MLS that last two years running and no changes from 08 were made to that. Sure ERob is out (he missed a bunch of games last year too) but I think Bobby Boswell will be feeling better for this game. If you are judging by an Atlante game in which we fielded sophmore James with out of position and old Waibel and then were forced to go all out on attack for the 2nd half, I think you will be unpleasantly suprised with our defensive abilities.

19. Goaler

Goaler Member

Bristol City, Slavia Prague, Pacific FC, AS Roma, Atletico Madrid, Vancouver Whitecaps, Philadelphia Union
    England
    Apr 11, 2007
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I just have to say that I really like your club and I think that they will do very well, welcome to the USL. I hope that they can beat Houston as the Montreal Impact could not.

20. Goaler

Goaler Member

Bristol City, Slavia Prague, Pacific FC, AS Roma, Atletico Madrid, Vancouver Whitecaps, Philadelphia Union
    England
    Apr 11, 2007
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Why is the gap between the USL and MLS not a valid argument?

And just cause it was so called easier to get in (Montreal had to get past another USL club and a MLS club and had to win their CCL qualifying tie to get into the group) doesn't mean that it was easy when they got in. And I think that Austin has a very goot shot at the US Open Cup.

21. Alejo

Alejo Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas, Yall
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know what Goaler, yer all right mate. Hasta noche mi compadre en Tejas.

22. Native Aztexan

Jan 27, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States