AUFC Salary Table for Silly Season...

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Coyote89, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Coyote89

Coyote89 Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 18, 2017
    If you're trying to gauge what the team might be able to do to free up money, international player slots, etc. in the upcoming transfer window, this is a good resource. Note that Brad Guzan's salary was not listed but obviously, he'd need to be counted into the totals for 2018.

In addition to the salary table, check out the transactions on the right. This will give you little nuggets of info on the length of certain contracts, which players are loaned in or out, what we gave up or received in each transaction, etc.:

http://www.spotrac.com/mls/atlanta-united-fc/

GunnerJacket repped this.
  2. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    These figures look a little different than previous ones I'd seen, but they're in the ballpark. Jones and McCann the least bang for the buck, with new signee Boswell and Mears (boy, did the wheels fall off here!) also in that boat.

No Alec Kann listed, either.

McCann may have saved his spot pending other roster moves.

Pirez needs a pay raise. Just give him the remainder of Jones' salary per year.

Not sure what the numbers would be if Asad and Garza are bought outright, but it sure wouldn't be $150k per.

3. Coyote89

Coyote89 Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 18, 2017
    Agreed but Kann is indeed listed on the senior roster at $77,004.

Meanwhile, an exit by Jones and a couple others would free up some salary to offer a few raises and make a few signings. Plus, the salary cap is due to increase by 7% and we could see increases in Targeted Allocation Money and/or General Allocation Money as well, allowing AUFC to keep most of the senior roster in-tact.

The big question for me is whether AUFC might convert Villalba to non-DP status. His salary is well below $1 million, so he'd be eligible, and the TAM budget could increase, making such a conversion possible. After all, he doesn't make much more than Carmona whose salary is bought-down to the league max cap hit via TAM.

Would be great if we could sign another DP without losing any of the 3 we've already got (I realize of course that Miggy will likely be sold to Europe eventually, but perhaps not in the upcoming transfer window).

4. Coyote89

Coyote89 Member

Atlanta United
    United States
    May 18, 2017
    Also, a poster in another thread shared this tweet saying that TAM is expected to be as much as $2 million in 2018. If so, I'd actually be surprised if Villalba wasn't converted to a non-DP to free up another slot. Note that both Miggy and Joseph have salaries above $1 million and therefore would not be eligible for conversion. They'd have to remain DPs.

[​IMG] Paul Tenorio‏Verified account @PaulTenorio

Plus, word among MLS teams is discretionary TAM increase could be as much as $2 million in new funds: