Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    and those are pretty flexible front 3s too. Will be interesting to see where Adeyemi ends up, Salzburg screwed themselves signing him until 2021 and loaning him out for 2 seasons out of 3 to Austrian 2nd division. Very stupid on their part, now they might be forced to sell him off to lower price than they would had, had he played 1st division this season. Will also be interesting to see where all the other Bayern/Dortmund youth products end up in future. They can't all make it....

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this has been the worst season I've seen in terms of injuries. It was getting worse and worse by the season but this season doesn't get topped both for older players and youth players, ridiculous.

-00 Fruchtl video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=zhMSEJGapv8&feature=emb_title

-the 2 00s (II players) and 2 01-02 (U19 players) training with 1st team. Let's hope some players start to breakthrough the Stuttgart 1st team.

-99 Musel seems to finally being getting back, has been out all season.
    Torben Musel (arthroscopic surgery in the knee). Attacking player Musel can do light exercises with the ball again.

while 99-Bennetts has also been training again with team. Now from Gladbach 1st team-II, there is still 98-Mayer and 00-Hiepen left.

-98 Friede has been training again recently too.

-Now for some youth updates
    02-Meyer and 02-Katsianas-Sanchez will be out for months.
    Finally!!!! 01-Grimm and 02-Kramny both CFs are back in team training. Both have been out all season and this is the last U19 season for Grimm.

meanwhile 02-Harnafi another CF made his comeback during International break, also missing all season. At Gladbach U19 seems like
    02-Reitz, 02-Schlosser, 02-Zuhs, 02-Lisiecki are all still out.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3rd Liga Duisburg (2BL promotion contenders) played a friendly between 1st team vs U19. 1st team won 5-1.
    MSV Liga-Team: Weinkauf (46. Brendieck) – Bitter (46. Brügmann), Boeder (46. Gembalies), Compper (46. Schmeling), Sicker (46. Scepanik) – Jansen (46. Daschner) – Stoppelkamp (46. Budimbu), Karweina, Albutat (46. Ben Balla), Engin (46. Mickels) – Vermeij (46. Sliskovic)

MSV U19: Schoch (46. Reck) – Prodanovic (46. Benz), Bennmann (46. Marino), Blits (46. Kura), Alimusaj – Anhari (46. Sanui), Larraz (46. Ghindovean), Özden (46. Wagner), Romano – Camprobin (46. Bayrak), Hettwer (46. Park)

Scorers: Karweina X2 and Bayrak scored for the U19. Seems like Bayrak was involved in the most "beautiful" moment in the game but Ghindovean fumbled it, lol. Park, Larraz, Ghindovean are not German players. While interesting that 01 CF Romano and 02 LB Alimusaj played full game.

while 00 CF Sabanci is out until next year too.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    98 CF Ache has interest from Serie A club Torino, 2BL club Stuttgart (promotion candidates) and 1BL Frankfurt among others, could be more too.

LOL Ache, few days ago said in an interview that he's born in Frankfurt, so Bobic should give him a call. Tells you what is desire is. Let's hope it's not Stuttgart, can that club just stop being interested in players from outside over their own? Really shows something wrong when even clubs like Stuttgart seem obsessed with players of others and never their own, whether those players are German or not.

Frankfurt are likely interested in part (not only reason) because he's German and they need more German players signed at the club.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    00-Vagnoman (LB/RB) looks to be back in action in March and HSV seems likely to extend his contract (2021 expiration) before his comeback.

timetable for his return,
    Overall, Vagnoman has to relieve the foot four to six weeks.

About twelve weeks break, the doctors have predicted after the operation until the youngster can get back into the team training.

Means: If everything goes smoothly, he can train with the Hecking troupe again at the end of January, beginning of February.

It will take another four or five weeks to get Vagnoman back in shape.
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...euem-vertrag-vorm-comeback-66161534.bild.html

very bitter, since he actually established himself at RB before his injury. Now very likely he lost his XI spot and will have to win it again. Let's hope if they get 1BL promotion he's not dumped on loan.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of Eredivisie, the trend seems to be clear, play there for 2-3 seasons and then you can move up to a higher league. Really is why players should consider it more. Better than playing RL for 2-3 years or roting in 2BL-3rd Liga for 3+ years before making 1BL later on.

especially in a time where 1BL clubs are becoming obsessed with experience players vs integration......and their obsession usually (not always) is focused on 1st division leagues over 2nd divisions and lower.

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2157 Ger90, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2019

that is smart that Germany produces GKs who are good with the ball at their feet. That's the modern day GK what you will require to make it to the top. Even it's a requirement for Germany too. I recall dfb stated at one point that's what they training for. I usually see lots comparing Unbehaun to ter Stegen.

meanwhile 00 GK Mantl who's #1 at Unterhaching (2BL promotion contenders) is getting praise.
    https://www.kicker.de/762424/artikel

what's interesting is that if Unterhaching get promotion next season we could see 2 GKs (including Fruchtl) who are playing 1st-2nd division and both guys are eligible for the 2023 U21 Euro.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of 00s, this season and the next are important for this age group to establish themselves as pros so that when the time comes for their U21 cycle to start in Fall 2021, they are already playing high level. 00s finished U19 last season, so this season is their 1st post U19 season. Would say that you could see a lot be forced to play this season in RL but they need to move up in 2020 or 2021 or at worst by 2022, one year before U21 Euro is never too late. 01s their 1st post U19 season is next season so they got less time before the cycle begins but we are already seeing numerous 01s play pro games.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of 00s, 00-Ole Becker, from Oct.

Top talent is in demand How long can St. Pauli Finn Ole Becker still hold?
    The MOPO believes: Becker will play first-class with or without St. Pauli in two years at the latest. Also Ex-St. Pauli striker Alex Meier is confident: "The boy can kick really well. He will surely land in the Bundesliga soon. "
    https://www.mopo.de/sport/fc-st-pau...--pauli-finn-ole-becker-noch-halten--33291954

that is also my guesstimate about Becker that by 2021 we could see him in 1BL. Also has a 2022 contract so in 2021 they might have to sell too. He made his 2BL debut last season and got a lot more starts this season. Interesting and creative CM, who needs to polish his dribbling, a lot of interesting ideas even if sometimes the execution fails, that will only get better the more he plays pro level. Jos will likely help him dev more too. Also played well for Germany U20 as well.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    99-Goller interview.

INTERVIEW: GOLLER VON KOHFELDT SURPRISED - "I FIND VERY VERY COOL"
    https://www.deichstube.de/news/werd...ueber-kohfeldt-schalke-freundin-13235875.html

he pretty much says that he needs to improve his passing which Kohfeldt seems to be helping him do himself, coach to player.

Also something else he needs to improve is his physicality, which is something Elgert and even Goller have said so. Hard player to get a full picture of him when he's still lagging that type of area. But so far he has speed and dribbling as his main assets.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    98-Kohlert talks career.

Former HSV talent Köhlert: About detours to professional career

At his former club, the Hamburger SV, Mats Köhlert was denied the big breakthrough.
    Meanwhile, the 21-year-old starts in the Eredivisie at Willem II fully and has now played in the Netherlands in the circle of the German U21.

Mats Köhlert has fulfilled his dream of professional football. Since this summer, the 21-year-old plays for Willem II Tilburg in the Eredivisie. Last weekend, the winger with two assists decided the duel against PSV Eindhoven (2: 1) for his new employer and continues his good run.

Köhlert is an integral part of the team of coach Adrie Koster. In all 14 competitive games was the 1.68 meter dribbler in the starting eleven. With three goals each and three assists, the left winger is one of the top sculls at Willem II and has a large share of the currently strong sixth place in the table.

In September, the good performances were rewarded by Stefan Kuntz, who first appointed Köhlert for the German U21 national team. It looked for the native Hamburger in his career long after the missed jump from talent to professional.

No perspective at HSV
    Köhlert wore the jersey of Hamburger SV for a total of six years. From Stadtrivale St. Pauli changed the left foot 2013 in the youth of the red roses. On the left wing offensive, the youngster regularly performed well and was due to his speed and good technique with time both in the field of the pros and the German youth national team.

But several injuries and the frequent coaching changes on the HSV coaching bank made the talent always a stroke through the big dream to establish itself one day at his home club as a professional. The dribbler was one of the top performers in the offspring of the red roses. The self-grown organ had to wait for his professional debut for three whole years.

Too late reward
    Only Hannes Wolf, the fifth head coach for Köhlert, gave the young offensive player a chance. In the final season of the season, the youngster came in a total of three missions to 90 minutes of playing time for the pros, including on the final day in the local Volksparkstadion against MSV Duisburg. But the bottom line was three short missions in three years in the circle of professionals too little for the offensive player who used his expiring contract in the summer for a change in the air.

"Above all, I will never forget the last game against Duisburg," said Köhlert on his departure from Hamburg and thanks above all to the fans: "As you know, it was not always easy for me, but it would be boring if it were that's how it would be. "And it seems that after a few lows, the 21-year-old still has the most exciting part of his career ahead of him.

http://www.fussballtransfers.com/ft-kurve/durchbruch-mit-21-kohlert-startet-durch_110984

lol, 3 years to be given chances. It's the disturbing trend in Germany, make players play years and years in RL. Worse is when they want to renew a player but with no intention of 1st team chances just so that the player plays more RL. Kohlert, Knoll, and the list goes on and on are players who openly stated their clubs wanted them to renew but had 0 plans with them, massive trolling.

glad to see he got a pro career this season.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    also with Fruchtl now likely headed on loan next season.

should be chance for 99-Hoffmann (1 game this season), 00-Wagner, 01-Schneller to all play 3rd Liga. Could be a +, when you get more and more young GKs in 3rd Liga. Hoffmann could himself move up to 2BL in Summer 2021 etc, repeat cycle.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    98 CB Abu Hanna

Former Bayer talent Abu Hanna: "I'm surprised how high the quality in Ukraine is"
    Transfermarkt: Mr. Abu Hanna, you play since this summer at the Ukrainian first division Zorya Luhansk - as the only German in the league. How did you come up with this rather unusual move to the Premier League?
    Abu Hanna: I think David Odonkor and Denis Prychynenko were almost the only Germans ever to play football in Ukraine. It came to this rather unusual change, because I had a very hard and difficult year in Germany, which was marked by injuries that have thrown me back every time. As fast as it is in football, Germany did not offer the very best offers. When I had the opportunity to play in a first league abroad under Viktor Skripnik and train, the decision was made relatively quickly.

Transfer market: In Luhansk you seem to have arrived well. Against Dynamo Kiev you could even score your first goal in the professional business, and then immediately with a fallback. What was that feeling?
    Abu Hanna: Yes, I arrived great. The boys have taken me incredibly well and this family mentality, which is shown here, I have never experienced in Germany so far. The goal against Kiev was like a liberation of my soul for the negative time that I experienced last year. It went well before that for me and the team, because we play really good football. But that I then achieve such a goal, has given me the final push again.

Transfermarkt: Despite your young age, you have already played in Germany for four clubs and also met different leagues. How is the Ukrainian league different from league football in Germany?
    Abu Hanna: I myself am surprised how high the quality is here. As a player I have already made my own experience in the 2nd Bundesliga and 3rd league, but I have to say: the league here has a big difference. The two top teams Dynamo and Shakhtar can compete financially without any problems in the Bundesliga. At Shakhtar, I even say that they have the quality to finish among the top seven teams in the Bundesliga. The rest is between good second and third league level.

Transfermarkt: Do you wish to return to one of the German professional leagues?
    Abu Hanna: I would be lying if I said that I never want to go back to Germany. I made this step into the Ukraine, in order to bring momentum back into my halting development, which certainly was not an easy decision. I hardly see my family, so it's also a personal development that I'm going through. If you have such an experience, then you first know what you have on and in Germany. The people here do not speak good English, that's not always easy for me. Playing professional football in Germany is a privilege that you can only appreciate if you do not play there anymore. Nevertheless, I feel extremely well at the moment and have also worked out something small. There would have to be something suitable to give up the here and now.
    https://www.transfermarkt.ch/ex-bay...at-in-der-ukraine-ist-ldquo-/view/news/346519

It's a long interview only posted the relevant stuff. Let's be honest had he stayed in Germany he was headed for 3rd Liga.
    Now he's a starter and he's played almost 1200 min this season including EL where they got knocked out in qualifiers 5-3 vs La Liga Espanyol. This season Zorya are currently 2nd place in the league. If he does well and gains more and more experience including Europe next season, transferring to a better league in 2021-onwards could be possible for him. A German in a league with little historical relevance to German players.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    joining 01-Dajaku, 01-OBM is also training with the Bayern 1st team today!
    [​IMG]

-98 Barkok is not ready for 1st team so Funkel is sending him to II over the weekend to get some match practice from his return from injury.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB.de: Two duels against the Czech Republic, a clear victory followed by a narrow defeat - what is your overall balance?

Prus: Overall, we draw a positive conclusion from the two games. Also in the first game we had our chances and basically a really strong start phase, which we could not use. The course of the game has pretty much mirrored how important it is to consistently use our chances. That's what we're working on because we've noticed this topic before. In the second game we showed a really good reaction and deserved to win at height.

DFB.de: After the defeat in the first game you have demanded faster passports and faster attacking actions from your team for the second game - how satisfied are you with the implementation after the second match?

Prus: I am not only satisfied with the three goals we have achieved. In addition, we have earned further good opportunities. That was exactly the reaction I wanted to see. Of course we worked a little bit on that in training, but still the boys have to be able to put it into play - and they did that pretty well in phases. The foundation stone, however, was the good tackling behavior: By winning their personal duels, they were also able to use playful means via these duels.

DFB.de: Despite the clear victory that fell 1-0 in the 40th minute. Why did the team come into the game so hard?

Prus: I think that the guys after the defeat in the first game were also respectful of the quality of the Czechs' quick counterattacks and that they first had to get into the game. Basically, you can not automatically assume on the high international level, that you give the opponent one or two hits in the first few minutes. Often you need a bit of patience to win games.

DFB.de: And that's exactly what you achieved at the end of the year. What do you want to focus on in the winter training camp scheduled for January?

Prus: We used the first half of the 2019/2020 season to test more than 50 players in six different international matches. When we go to training camp in La Manga in January, we will deliberately reduce the number of players. We will use the return series more and more to form a strong team that will find each other. In this respect, of course, we want to coordinate the interaction both on the offensive and on the defensive and work out a few processes even clearer than was previously possible. The bottleneck will be a bit narrower, but by no means closed. We expect from the guys who showed themselves to us, that they always with excellent achievements in the clubs do not draw attention to themselves.

DFB.de: A short note to the backdrop of 2532 spectators in Bogen yesterday: a special atmosphere?

Prus: The scenery was great! That was a great experience especially for our young players, when there are so many spectators, who are also in a good mood. It was well noticed that many students came to the stadium who supported our team. Whether it was the clapping, the shaking of the gang or the classic cheer - our boys really enjoyed running aground against this backdrop, and with the 3: 0 we contributed our part to a successful international match.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bremen GK coach Christian Vander talking GKs and mentions 00-Plogmann (who made his 1BL debut last season,only goal he conceded was a PK, from what I've seen Plogmann isn't a good PK GK. Although he could get better at it later) and 99-Haesler.

A winter change is also a topic for Luca Plogmann. In general, the 19-year-old is regarded as the goalkeeper of the future, who "in two or three years here can play Bundesliga," said Vander. But: "After two years of regional league nobody lands in the Bundesliga. As a young goalkeeper you have to take the step somewhere else. "So far, Plogmann plays in the Regionalliga, Vander would rather see him in the 3rd or 2nd league. Talks are about how "the next step can be in winter or summer".

Goes Plogmann, Eduardo Dos Santos Haesler takes over in the U23. Also professional, says Vander about the German-Brazilian: "With him we have the feeling that he can always play a Bundesliga match."
    https://www.weser-kurier.de/werder/...s-torwartplaene-_arid,1877071.html#nfy-reload

lol he is right, GKs who go from RL to 1BL is only due to mass injuries or flop GKs that's it. Otherwise nope. It's why someone like 99-Bartels who got injured on his 2BL loan debut (still injured) is very annoying, he could have established himself as Wehen #1 too. Plogmann is in a long list of interesting German GKs coming through the ranks. I think from 98-onwards lots of interesting GKs are coming up in Germany.

interesting 2 years means 2021 and 3 means 2022. Plogmann is U21 eligible until 2023........

even Haesler getting praised too. Reminds of how 99-Hoffmann at Bayern II is well seen even if rated less than Fruchtl.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it's important to produce quality GKs especially since Neuer is getting closer and closer to the end of the road. The clubs will start to look less outside the more they got very good prospects within their ranks. What I mean is that when clubs rate a GK they will try to get them to 1BL, will have a plan for them, when they are indifferent or don't care that player will be forced to go to RL than move up slowly through the ranks without any help from his club and that process is a very slow one. It's even slower than any other position since only 1 person can play GK and outside of injuries, subs don't happen.

There was this pretty big gap between your Leno/Trapp/ter Stegen etc era produced GKs to the more recent age groups where some age groups look to have 0 relevant GKs.....I mean you look at 96 age group and Nubel seems to be the only relevant GK in that entire age group. There are some 96 starters in 3rd Liga and a bunch of them who are starters or benchers in 2BL but are they relevant for Germany? Very unlikely.

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seems like from 00-01, Dortmund's 1st team prospects are
    00-Raschl, 00-Osterhage (when fit again), 01-Unbehaun, 01-Bakir and 01-Pherai (Dutch).
    https://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/bvb/...uation-der-talente-beim-bvb-plus-1472789.html

of course 1st team prospects doesn't mean they will be given chances or will make it at the club. Just means close to 1st team and more chances than all the ones who aren't 1st team prospects. They frequently train with 1st team and train with Addo too.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3 German youngsters are options for Winter Camp for 1st team at Wolfsburg.
    98-Horn, 98-Justvan and 00 CB Siersleben. Last one is that Frenchie 99-Karamoko.

Training camp with the VfL professionals? A quartet of U23 has good chances
    "In the winter we will sit down and see which players deserve to be in the training camp and in the preparation," said Oliver Glasner, coach of the VfL professionals. "In the summer Tim Siersleben was always there again. It's nice to see how the boys do it here. "

Ziehl: "They play regularly, make goals and show good performances." However, the coach of the second representation does not have to do much convincing for his protégés: "Marcel Schäfer and Jörg Schmadtke are often in our games and are in contact with the coaching team. You know the players that are eligible. "

Which U23 player gets the chance to present himself to Glasner's coaching team in winter does not just depend on names, said Ziehl. "It makes no sense, for example, to take a fifth left-back," says the VfL II coach. "Field players number 27 and 28 never get so busy in training. You do not have to take any for occupational therapy. "
    https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/...profis-ein-quartett-der-u23-hat-gute-chancen/

interesting seeing Siersleben's name being the only mentioned directly by the 1st team coach. Glasner seems to like him, not only did he take him to Summer camp but he also was strongly considering sending him on loan to his home country of Austria for this season. Guess they preferred to keep him close this season and maybe next season if he gets no 1st team integration he goes on loan or who knows maybe even in Winter.

speaking of Wolfsburg II, their 98s really need to move on soon. Guys like
    Horn, Justvan, May, Stach, even their 99s should start leaving in Summer 2020. Otherwise you'll never make career progress.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol, 99 CF Kyeremateng gets a "there is also" mention.:laugh: Article talks about Stoke City U23 players hoping to catch the eye of the coach.

There is Gabriel Kyeremateng too, a willing worker who arrived from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2018 and is showing an increasing goalscorer's instinct.
    https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/spo...s/stoke-city-transfers-michael-oneill-3555107

let's be honest Kyeremateng was a flop in Germany at Dortmund.
    Last goal in Germany/Dortmund was in April 9 2017

Moves to Stoke U23 in July 2018
    1st goal at Stoke/England was on Sept 24 2018.

a striker who was scoreless at youth levels for 1 year and a half, lol. Good for him that this season he's been doing a lot better than in the past. Stoke City are currently relegation candidates, this is Kyeremateng's best chance at play at a high level in Championship, if he can't make it in a club like this one, good luck trying elsewhere.

Dang Son Tung repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -The announcement is that these 4 will train with 1st team at least until Winter.

of course he's talking about newbs. Fruchtl/Hoffmann, Mai, and Arp (when fit again) also train with 1st team frequently, since those players are viewed as part of the 1st team even if they haven't played yet.

-sounds like chances for Raum and Bauer at Furth. lol, Bauer did well BUT the unfit Mavraj's presence and experience was missing. Shows the issue would rather play a 33 year old just because he has more experience......
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/greuther-fuerth-bangt-vor-dem-derby-um-drei-leistungstraeger/

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lel, just imagine 01-Dajaku gets some game time this season at Bayern. He's already made the 1st team bench this season. A player who left Stuttgart because he didn't like the 1st team chances there nor the planning (which isn't wrong since that club doesn't care about their youth).

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Not sure where u got the info (hopefully not TM) but Gabriel Kyeremateng scored 12 goals for Stoke reserve team Last season