Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for @feyenoordsoccerfan .:D:thumbsup:

ACHE: "FOOTBALLERLY, THE DUTCH SCHOOL HAS CHARACTERIZED ME
    In the nomination of the U-21 squad Stefan Kuntz surprised with a freshman. Ragnar Ache from Sparta Rotterdam is in the squad for the first time. The 21-year-old native of Frankfurt played in the Eredivisie with five goals and three assists. Ragnar Ache talks about strengths and career in the DFB.de interview with editor Peter Scheffler.

DFB.de: Mr. Ache, you are still a blank slate in Germany. What do football fans in Germany have to know about you?

Ragnar Ache: I'm from Frankfurt and moved to Rotterdam in 2009 for family reasons. Since the season 2010/2011 I play at Sparta Rotterdam, first in the youth and now in the first team. In Germany, I kicked before at the Spielvereinigung Neu-Isenburg near Frankfurt.

DFB.de: In other words, do you live in the Netherlands just as long as you did in Germany before? What did you take away from both countries?

Ache: Currently my Dutch is even better than my German, but I will work on that (laughs). The Dutch school influenced me footballingly. We always played 4-3-3 in the youth, tactically and technically we were well trained at Sparta. From Germany I took the discipline and the punctuality.

DFB.de: How would you describe yourself as a player?

Ache: Fast, physically robust and good for the head.

DFB.de: You have been in the U-21 national team for two days now. How does the acclimatization work?

Ache: I like it very much here. The coaches, the carers and the boys are all very friendly. That makes it very easy for me to feel comfortable. I am also happy to be back in Germany, my country of birth.

DFB.de: What are your next goals?

Ache: I want to learn as much as possible in the coming days from the coaches and my teammates. We should of course all have fun together, because we live our dream as a professional footballer. I hope that I can prove myself here and will be invited to future U-21 internationals, but of course I have to continue to play well in the club.
    https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/ache...-die-niederlaendische-schule-gepraegt-210142/

confirmation that he played in Germany but moved when he was 11 due to family reasons.

2. Sparta has one of the top academies in the Netherlands. Not saying the differences in level are that big though. On the contrary, but he landed at one of the best available, even though Sparta was in our second tier. It only illustrates how entranched development quality is in our football culture. It's not a matter of only the top clubs.

Ger90 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    can't argue with that, Dutch dev is pretty good. :thumbsup:

will be curious to see if any German youngsters make a Winter move or not?

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some small highlights of this season of 00 CF Ngankam.

currently at
    9 goals and 9 assists in 14 games for Hertha II, which includes 6 sub games. Playing 842 min this season, a goal every 93.5 min or a goal/assist every 47 min. He's currently 5th place in RL Nordost scoring table and the most productive Hertha II player, most player above him on list have played much more than him too.. Although Kiprit (provisionally capped by Turkey) has scored more at 13 goals and 3 assists in 13 games, but he's produced less overall than Ngankam and he's played 30 mins more than him as well.

Ngankam has trained with the 1st team during the season but with an expiring 2020 contract. Hertha doesn't have much time left. And for sure a player just out of U19 (was U19 Nord/Nordost top scorer last season) and doing pretty well in RL will not only hit double digits goals and double digits assists before even hitting Winter break. But for sure he'll attract attention from other clubs.

and unlike other CF he doesn't seem to lack physicality issues. I mean I look at Arp and he still looks thin, you know Arp is very likely not done in that department yet just by looking at him play, him vs pros and even simply just him with pics standing next to pros, where they make him look like some ball boy, lol.:D:ROFLMAO: The talent/potential is there but other areas aren't there yet. Ngankam just looks like a tank, he easily shrugs off adults in RL.;)

Alex C repped this.
  5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of Hertha and injured players look like 99-Krebs is fit again and played for II over the weekend. 1st game for him since mid-August too. It sucks that he's had injury issues over last 2 seasons since he does have potential but now one wonders how much these injuries have delayed or affected him?

also has expiring 2020 contract.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany U17 trash Kazkstan 5-0 in Game 1/3 in U17 Euro qualifiers, 1st 3 pts
    XI: Lord - Semic, Suver, Arrey-Mbi, Andresen - Rhein (C), Kesik, Lütke-Frie - Roos Trujillo, Calhanoglu, Netz
    Subs: Aliu, Bruckner, Krahn, Schmidt, Sieb

not even the best XI either and seems like that 5-0 Should have been much more than that. And in terms of coach fav, he was missing 5-6 players due to fitness.

Goals scored by: Rhein X2, Calhanoglu, Netz, Schmidt
    Assisters: Semic, Andresen, Trujillo, Schmidt

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    99-Boujellab

99 CF Kaya interview, relevant parts.
    DFB.de: They came so far this season in 14 of 15 possible games for use, eight of them in the starting eleven. Did you expect that with your 19 years?

Kaya: Do not expect, but of course I was hoping to play so many games. Whether in training, from the bench or on the field: I always want to carry my fellow players and drive. And I'm not the kind of guy who brings disquiet to the team when he's not playing. Right now, coach Jeff Saibene gives me confidence right from the start. Four hits and three assists are not a bad record. One or two more goals could still have been.

DFB.de: Of coach Jeff Saibene last you were not placed in the storm center, but increasingly on the outer lane. Did you have to get used to it?

Kaya: In my three and a half years at the FCI I have usually played as a center forward. I know the role on the wing from my time at the 1. FSV Mainz 05. In addition, I listen attentively in the training, even if it is about tactical instructions for other positions. The outer track suits me, because I have a lot of space there to play out my speed and agility. I'm not a classic penalty striker anyway.

DFB.de: They were already in the past season at the FCI professionals under contract. What convinced you about staying on the way down?

Kaya: Both the club, as well as the new coaching team around Jeff Saibene had clearly communicated that the 3rd League after a break with many young players to be tackled. With goalkeeper Fabijan Buntic, center-back Thomas Keller and midfielder Patrick Sussek, other second-team players have also played an important role in the pros. After it did not go on for me after the U 17 at the 1. FSV Mainz 05, the FCI gave me the chance to prove myself. The club always supported me even after my broken calf fracture during my time with the A-Juniors. I want to repay this trust.

DFB.de: You have good memories of your first mission in the 2. Bundesliga, right?

Kaya: That was something special for me. My former U19 coach Roberto Pätzold had looked after the professionals at this time. One dreams of running aground as a footballer in the 2nd Bundesliga. But then also directly to achieve his first goal, I had not imagined. Unfortunately, we lost the home game against Hamburger SV 1: 2. Otherwise it would have been a perfectly perfect game. As a competitive athlete, you want to be as high as possible. Therefore, I would like to play again sometime in the 2nd Bundesliga, as the club so well. The match practice in the 3rd league is good for me though. As a young player, I can develop so well. If I succeed in my career to return to the 2nd Bundesliga, I hope very much that it will be the case with FC Ingolstadt 04.

DFB.de: For the German U19 national team you have completed an international match. Do you also hope for further nominations for the U 20 selection?

Kaya: First and foremost, my focus is on FC Ingolstadt 04 and the third league. If I can help the club with good performances, the call will come from U 20 national coach Manuel Baum in due course. I'm glad that this time I'm on call for the U 20 again. It's a great feeling to wear the jersey of the national team. And I feel ready for it.
    https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/ingolstadts-fatih-kaya-3-liga-tut-mir-gut-210152/

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    good start to the International Break as Germany U19 beats Portugal U19 in a comeback 2-1 win!

"It was a game with few chances to score," said Streichsbier. "We did not allow much and then fell behind with a questionable penalty, and I'm proud that my team did not let that get in the way of it, and then come back to it through two set pieces, speaks for morale and the mind the Team."

XI:Ramaj - Asta, Jäkel, Aidonis, Kurt - Eisenhuth, Messeguem - Schönfelder, Samardzic, Batista Meier - Schade.
    Goals scored by Ramos (67th, PK), Jastremski (83) and Schmidt (90+3)

Jastremski seems like a very useful sub CF for Germany 01s, he scored vs Spain in a 1-1 draw and now in a comeback 2-1 win vs Portugal and at 1.90m it does give another dimension to his game. If he stays at Wolfsburg he likely ends up in II next season even if he's doing well in U19 both this season and the last.

9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    9 goals + 9 assists in 14 games is exceptional.

Great that Arp is back, hopefully he can get some minutes in the Bayern team soon, I liked his performances in pre-season.

I think the striker situation in general is starting to look more promising, Werner is on fire, Waldschmidt is doing well and establishing himself in the NT frame plus hopefully Arp will soon be playing in the BL for Bayern, maybe Ngankam for Hertha soon too. Then there is also Adeyemi, Gedikli and Moukouko who seem to be viewed as elite prospects. Hopefully by 2024 there will be plenty of good striking options for Germany.

Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think what helps Ngankam is that Selke is in a slump, Kopke seems to have no future there (ended up a bad move, even though he did well when given the chance which was barely) and then Ibisevic/Kalou are very close to the end of the road. That seems to be a lot of openings. A lot of Hertha fans seem high on giving him chances based on how he's been doing in II and don't want to lose him.

Yeah Arp did pretty well in preseason and was playing out of position vs elite teams on top of it all. Where he embarrassed numerous pros too. And he also said that he struggled with the pace of the games as they were constantly back and forth, back and forth and as a Winger he was forced to try to keep up with the intensity. For now Arp is likely to get some match practice in II 1st. Interesting to note, Bayern II play Augsburg 1st team tomorrow, could be an interesting 1st game back. Also I think Flick might be better for young players than Kovac (who didn't trust anyone) ever was.

but if those 4 of Arp, Adeyemi, Gedikli and Moukoko reach their potential than the CF situation really will look promising. Even if only 2 really make it big that's still pretty decent return.

I like a lot of other CF from 98-onwards and will be interesting to see who makes it for real in 1BL whether they are forced to play lower levels or not. Just from 00, you got Arp, Burkardt, Kutucu (Turkey), Ihorst who have played 1BL with Burkardt/Kutucu being part of the matchday squads while Ngankam/Malone seem very close to their 1BL clubs. Then Breunig/Besong (Arp fits this for the current season) seem to have struggled with injury issues all season and have yet to play much all season. And the rest like Hottmann/Kehr/Awuku/Herrmann/Pia/Dressen/Akono/Hermes/Bornemann/Broschinski etc seem forced to play lower levels 1st. Broschinski is attracting higher level interest. While others are not playing as much so it might take longer for them.

The dev of strikers is very important we need strikers to move up to 1BL soon. German CFs in 1BL are an aging thing, majority of the 1BL guys are basically late 20s/early 30s. We need new blood as quick as possible.

Alex C repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    just saw mention that Gladbach was scouting or will scout 98-Hack who's currently in 2BL playing for FCN. The club has been pretty bad this season and he's actually their top scoring attacking player this season. Although would say he's been unlucky not to have scored more this season, came close numerous times.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    speaking of 02-Adeyemi, according to some he has monster potential but still raw and needs to improve on his decision making. I mean that seems like normal he's a 02 who since last season has been playing 2nd division club football and decision making gets better with experience while raw talents that's up to coach/club to get the most out of him.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    something is wrong with these German kids......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    A month aka basically rest of the year 2019.......

Fiete Arp returned to team training yesterday. During the unit, he fell on his recently operated wrist. Arp could be out for about a month

lol, Arp will be out like 2 months and a half just due to wrist injury.

while Chabot is out due to illness and Pieper is called up to take his place.

14. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Supposed to let Arp get more settling this season

this will be next season then

and I don’t think he will play for the first team in competitive matches before 2021

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt Is so overrated

BMGuy repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Glad to see 98-Pieper get a chance in NT, deserves it more than some guys called up. Does indicate for whatever reason he was behind the other CBs that he needed Chabot to be ill to get a call up. Even though Pieper is helping AB to 1st place in 2BL as of now.....

1st team friendlies.
    -Union Berlin beat 2BL Kiel 3-0.
    Union XI: Nicolas (clean sheet), Maloney (prefers USA, only 1st half)
    Subs: Kade (scored 3rd goal), Arcones, K.Schlotterbeck

once again Kade plays and he scores in International break but with no II team he's never given a chance in 1BL....I hope he does this season. 01-Dehl would likely have played too if he wasn't injured.

Kiel
    XI: Reimann, Porath (looks to have injured himself), M.Baku, Lauberbach
    Subs Used: lyoha, Sander
    Unused: Fleckstein, Neumann.

-Paderborn beat some minnow 4-0.
    XI: Bruggemeier (GK, clean sheet), Rumpf (scored 2nd),
    Subs: Bilogrevic, Oeynhausen (02, U19), Sieben

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I think the real issue with Arp is that German clubs are almost all dick clubs point blank over last few seasons when it comes to youth promotion and integration.

Arp is not seen as a Lewa back up, he's seen as youth prospect and that's the issue it's almost like his experience at HSV in 1BL/2BL don't exist. I believe even Lewa doesn't see him as his back up, even after Arp came he talked about wanting a back up, lol. Although he's praised Arp a bunch of times, he likely sees him as nothing but a youth prospect, sad but it is what it is.

And when the club is always linked with older CFs or ones like 00-Haaland (same age group as Arp but playing in a minor league), none of that sounds promising for his chances. If you get a young CF with consistent pro experience that means Arp goes down the pecking order and whoever they get becomes Lewa's back up. So they got Arp because they lost Werner but even then Bayern is always linked with Werner too, LOL. So this whole Arp move is questionable, outside of the dumb Bayern loving to hoard young players like gold and then they put that gold in a safe and never open it.:ROFLMAO:

and foreign strikers who play in lower level leagues have an edge since it's easier for them to become 1st choice and get consistent game time at a higher level to dev. While Germany's league system isn't good for youth promotion and always excuses from clubs. Besides playing 1 uptop issue.....The current issue is the whole coveting players from elsewhere and buy buy buy, which seems to be an issue for all positions. I mean it's understandable if your lazy as hell, why dev anyone for real when you can buy someone more ahead due to having pro experience......

I think the only chance Arp has is specifically the whole Lewa back up role. Most players wouldn't want to move to be a back up, that could be his best shot.......unless they find a Wagner 2.0 who doesn't care about being back up, lol. And Bayern seem constantly linked with CFs. Or maybe Arp will move on to become back up to whoever replaces Lewa and Arp is like 23.:laugh: But I would expect him to be loaned out at this point next season but he needs to play this season. So far he's headed for 0 game time in half of this season so post Winter break he needs to perform in II.

for a position like CF, I'm not sure how one proceeds tbh. 2BL isn't a great place because they are obsessed with older players. That's not the only issue with 2BL, I feel like 1BL clubs seem to want a specific amount of goals on top of it. That minnow club Fortuna, Funkel seemed to want lyoha to hit 10+ goals in 2BL last season, that's the impression I got from him from interviews, because he didn't, excuses popped up and he was dumped back on loan again. I recall in past when 2BL loans=dev and getting game time, your teammates on loan in 2BL aren't the same as the ones in 1BL and let's be honest, teammates in 2BL are also more inferior to your 1BL teammates. It's the same reason why RL stats shouldn't trump potential, but these days they seem to mostly do. Too many past examples of players having eh RL stats who still do well in 1BL because the potential was there and better teammates with experience allows you to unlock it.

Then most of 1BL clubs these days don't really care about what you do in 3rd Liga-RL. Gives you limited options in Germany. Best options could be too imitate the foreign strikers.......as in dev outside. Some clubs prefer owned players over loans too.

It's an issue anyone one looks at it, why does one think 02-Adeyemi moved to Austria? Wasn't for the heck of it. Was because it would be easier to breakthrough there and get consistent game time.And Adeyemi is a highly rated prospect too. It does give you question marks about German promotion.

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2044 Ger90, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    concerning 03s, still interesting that we have yet to ever call up the best possible squad. Always some issues in the way of that.

and it's annoying how these U17 qualifiers seem less accessible unless it's Elite Round qualifiers (2nd round). I mean from pics, the stadium looks empty. Not surprising given that Greece are the host for our group......Pic of Mainz's U17 Schmidt (had a goal and assist today) and more pics are below the link too.
    https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/n...ion-during-the-uefa-u17-news-photo/1187373834

20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Uli Hoeness trolling hard in an attempt to prop up that hot trash called Brazzo. Did he really praise Brazzo for the youth work due to him giving tons of pro contracts last few season?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

who knew one measures success of an Academy based on # of pro contracts over # of promotions.:laugh::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    and Brazzo is that same douche who gives pro contract but then like weeks/months later is linked with young players from other clubs in the exact same position as players he gives pro contracts too, FRAUD.

he even seems to be getting credit for Jupp giving playing time. After Jupp there was no real chances anyways, so it was him who gave those chances but the club then dumped those players and like 2-4 players who got pro contract either were sold or went on loan.

I am wary of pro contracts of certain clubs, just reeks of BS, more fraudulent.

Blueberry_night repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    An article on 01-Leweling about his rise at Furth and also that he had involvement in both goals vs Portugal for Germany U19. Look at that a player performing when given the chance....
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/greuther-fuerth-jamie-leweling-tankt-bei-der-u19-selbstvertrauen/

about 98-Pieper.
    https://www.liga-zwei.de/arminia-bielefeld-belohnung-fuer-amos-pieper/

98-Serra interview.
    https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/serra-unser-teamspirit-ist-extrem-hoch-210242/

98-Geiger Interview, talks about his injury history, Hoffenheim and dfb.
    https://www.kicker.de/762601/artikel/geiger_dann_werde_ich_mich_in_beiden_teams_durchsetzen_

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1st team friendlies, too make it shorter I overall ignored 3rd Liga squad.
    -Gladbach drew a 3rd Liga club 1-1.
    Gladbach XI:01-Olschowsky (GK Kept a clean sheet in his half), 01-Gaal (full game and scored their lone goal), 01-Bongard (full game), Neuhaus
    Subs: Hanraths, Kersken, 01-Niehues

Steinkotter should have been there but not surprising, breakingthrough CF at Gladbach will be hard if you lack experience. Still think guys like Hanraths, Mayer (when fit again), Benger, Herzog, Cirillo, Hoffmanns need to leave. These guys are all basically 97-98 (Hanraths is the sole 99) still playing in II, that's not career progress and unlikely seen as 1st team players anyways. Could have called up some more U19 players Olschowsky is a II player even if U19 eligible.

Mentioned before but Rose supposedly rates Gaal highly. Between Gaal, Bongard and Beyer they have enough CBs from their Academy. And also interesting to note how Gaal/Bongard are rarely called up by Germany for 01s.

-HSV beat some Danish 1st division club 1-.
    Subs Used: U19 captain 01-Fabisch played 25 min.

-Frankfurt beat 2BL Sandhausen 2-1. (2 clubs who don't give a shit about their Academies anyways).
    Frankfurt XI: 02-Otto (full game), 01-Finger, 01-Cakar (scored the winner),
    Subs: 00-Cetin (62nd min), 01-Zorn

once again why does Cetin never start these friendlies, they got no II so he barely plays all season. 02-Irorere seems injured otherwise would likely be there both him and Otto usually play these games. Would guess 00-N.Stendera is unfit?

Sandhausen
    Subs:99-Rauk and 00-Zauner, provisionally capped by Venezuela, so far it's been a poor move, not surprising since Sandhausen usually prefer players like 22/23+......

-Augsburg 1st team trashed Bayern II 4-1,
    Augsburg XI: Uduokhai
    Subs: 02-Koudelka (17 min, clean sheet), Malone, Stanic, and 02-Oberleitner all played 6 min.
    So now 02 CB Koudelka is playing more than 99 CB Stanic.....

Bayern II, Kohn scored off an assist by Franzke. T.Tillmann is fit again after like 5 months injured while his bro 02-M.Tillman played as a sub too.

-Fortuna beat 3rd Liga Meppen 3-2.
    Fortuna XI: Kastenmeier, Appelkamp, Barkok (1st game back from injury and scored the 2nd).
    Subs: Willms, Buhler

guess that 00 CF Bornemann is injured since he's been MIA in II for last 3 matches.
    the non-youth Contento injured himself as usual (guy's whole career is injuries) wonder if that opens up chance?

-Wehen drew a 3rd Liga club 2-2.
    XI: Franke, Gul (scored their 2nd), Knoll
    Subs: Shipnoski, Guthorl, Missner, Leibold, Vogel

not that it matters since Wehen flops and barely plays any of their young players. Most of this list is basically don't even make matchday squads.

-Karlsruher drew 1-1 vs some Swiss club
    XI: Groiss and Kother both played full game.
    Subs: Batmaz, Mobius, Hanek, Rabold (U19)
    Unused: Trkulja (02)

-Koln drew an Eredivisie club 0-0
    Koln XI: Jakobs
    Subs: Obuz (02), Oubella (01), Bader

-not going to mention regular Duisburg youngsters but 01-Williams played today.

-Bochum drew some 3rd Liga club 2-2.
    XI: Leitsch (believe 1st game since his return from injury), 01-Holtkamp, Saglam
    Lacking info about subs, here was the bench: 01-Bella-Kotchap, Lorenz, 01-Romling, 00-Wellers, 01-Grave

-Freiburg drew Swiss club St Gallen 0-0.
    XI:Boukhalfa (58 min), Pieringer (73 min)
    Subs: Thiede (46st), Keitel (46st), Faber (58th), Torres (63rd), Hug (63rd)

wonder why no Nieland?

-Dynamo lost 2-0 to 3rd Liga club
    XI: 02-Alagic (provisionally capped by Bosnia), 01-Ehlers, J.Lowe, 02-Kuhn, 01-Schurz, 01-Konigsdorffer
    Subs: 02-Schrewe, 02-Gollnack, 01-Kubitz, 00-Kulke

-Heidenheim beat 3rd Liga club WK 3-2.
    Heidenheim XI: K.Sessa, Owusu
    Lack of info, here are the bench: Ibrahim, Brandle

not doing 3rd Liga but S.Rhein (on loan from 2BL FCN) scored that double vs Heidenheim, lol. Rhein's loan never made sense to me he never looked out of place in 1BL but doesn't matter they dump him. Same for Goden who didn't look out of place at all he got dumped on loan too. Integration seems to be rarer by the season when everyone just loans out.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -seems like 01-Gaal and 01-Bongard did pretty well today for Gladbach according to match reports. Also forget to mention the 3rd Liga club goal vs Gladbach was scored by 99-Kinsombi who hasn't played much this season too, maybe a boost for him?

Bongard and Gaal not only did they start today they are also the CB pair at the U19. Both Giants, Bongard is besides U19 captain also 1.96m tall and Gaal is 1.93m, LOL. Bongard seems to love scoring too. Gladbach U19 are currently in 2nd place after Koln but only behind due to GD. Defensively Gladbach U19 is also the 2nd best defense after Koln.

-speaking of Frankfurt, I doubt Makanda is making it at Frankfurt at this point. Last season he was outshone by Cakar and the club was heavily reported to want to give Cakar a pro contract. Then this season they brought the Dutch CF Jip (who scored the opening goal vs Sandhausen) and Makanda seems behind both guys. As for their youth who beat a 2BL club, of course the coach was giving bullshit excuses post game about how they are so far away (even though both goals were scored by U19 players......) and they played the Sandhausen 1st team too, that club doesn't use youth players. In the end I don't expect any real promotions, they will continue the cycle of players post U19 wasting half a season MIN doing nothing and then either loaned out to some low ass level or the leaving permanently. That club gives pro contract just to get league requirements.

-01 Schonfelder interview.
    https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/schoenfelder-eine-frage-der-mentalitaet-210252/

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -looks like HSV's 01-Fabisch impressed today. One can easily recognize him with his afro, lol.

-while 03 HSV LB Andresen, interesting comment.
    "Have seen Andresen against RB Leipzig, he caught my attention there with his speed, dribbling and serenity. He does not live off his physique, but he is not a linnet. He did not seem to me like a typical full-back but more like a wing-attacker. Snatched the ball in Hz 2 once, picked up speed and ran slalom through 3-4 RB player, but then I think was stuck on 16er.

Since you have to wait and see how he then develops in the U19 next year, but currently certainly not wrongly a regular player at the DFB.

The U17 has really a lot of good players, also Wittig, Krahn and many others have shown super approaches. In the U19 the chaff will separate from the wheat."

I found Andresen impressed me for NT too, he even did wvery ell vs France. That's the interesting thing about the 03s, a lot of the players (like most of the NT players) seem to have dribbling skills including defensive players.

-and on another note, good to see 98-Leitsch and 98-Barkok fit again and playing. Feel bad for Leitsch, last season he settled himself as 1st choice CB until he got injured for almost a year. Let's hope he regains his spot could be yet another CB option for U21.