Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like the Eredivisie move but not the Ajax move. He would likely have brokenthrough faster in a non PSV/Ajax club.

that is one issue on top of how they keep renewing the contracts for the older forwards, which makes there to be little space.

I watched some of Kuhn's games at Ajax, the potential really is there (same everytime I watch him play for Germany) but he needs lots of polishing 1st. And seen plenty of comments from fans that he really needs to work on his off the ball movement and things like that. But with promotion for others it does open up space for Kuhn at Jong and continue to work on improving his game. The most important thing at his age, is the game time even if 2nd division.

at this point, would expect him to get a loan over getting 1st team min. Although who knows.he seems to want to get his 1st team min this season, saying that he trains with 1st team regularly. And some articles stated that he'll soon get 1st team min but who knows if they are guessing.

I mean Overmars praised Kuhn and likened him to himself when he was younger. So you do sense they do like him there and they did pay a good sum for a player with no pro experience.

Brandko repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    More half-assing, won't post everything.

U17
    X4: Breitenbucher (6 goals in 3 games)
    X3: Matanovic (3 goals in 2 games, 1st start), Gedikli (7 goals in 6 games, very soon will become Bayer U17 all time top scorer)
    X2:Kabadayi (04, already at 4 goals and 2 assists in 4 games), Durmushan, Shebourne, Lopping, Schmid (6 goals in 6)
    Bohlem, Schirmer
    X1: Musiala, Inan, Streit, Kurt, Sanyang, Frauendorf, Tohumcu (04), Bobzien, Schmidt, Grimm, Sanogo (04), Somnitz
    Ekmekci, Weiss, Harz, Hollenbach, Nuhanovic, Kade (04), Kaiser, Seidel, Klein, Krasucki, Sohn, Schlottig, Koeberer
    Linse, Luhrs, Hajrulahi, Christel, Koppener, Fenski, Widiker, Kohmann, Eze, Mata, Kettig, Hoffmann, Tambo, Kececi

U19
    X2:Sopo, Samardzic,Dursun, Stehle,Konigsdorffer, Egloff
    X1: Blits, Cirillo, Bongard, Moukoko (double digits), Heitzer, Khadra, Bozdogan, Vila, Mucic, L.Wolf, Wosz, Pohlmann
    Jastremski, Roggow, Woltemade, Nankishi, Dinkci, Kuhn, Gudra, Bolufe, Jeong, Tillman, Trummer, Gollnack, Eyibil, Jung, Beier, Leweling, Cakar, Hawkins, Bakirsu, Rohl, Meikis, Hummel, Strobl

RL
    Nieland (3rd), Raschl (1st), S.Tigges (6th), Boukhalfa (1st), Willims (2nd), Bornemann X2 (2nd, I'm not sure why doesn't get many starts, mostly sub), Petkov (1st), Cirillo (1st), Stocker (1st), Noss (1st, 01)

Austrian 2nd division
    Adeyemi had a goal and assist in a 2-2 draw.

looks like 99-Goller made his 1BL debut today as he came on the 90th min in a 2-1 win for Bremen,he just needed like 10 to be declared unfit, LOL. Just shows a growing issue, with big squads and only getting chances with mass injuries.

meanwhile Arp made the Bayern 1st team bench, 1st time this season, although fully expect him to be unused.

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    00-Yeboah who scored left and right for Wolfsburg U19, left and right for Wolfsburg II. Now scores on his Eredivisie (loan) debut in a current 1-1 draw, started the game in XI too. Which keeps showing that German youngsters who go to non PSV/Ajax clubs seem to jump to starters in Eredivisie.

and just like that, he's now a Germany U21 contender!!!

still don't get why he was loaned out and not integrated.....

5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I like the Eredivisie, good league to watch for development and much better for young players to play men's football instead of u19's or low level loans/II teams.

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    some quick updates

U17
    X1:Hausmann, D.Berisha, Schemat, Dell'Erba, Ebnoutalib, Tritschler, Das Gupta, Oermann, Schroder, Arnold, Andreas
    Asallari

U19
    X1:Cevis, Worns, Liebelt, Schutz, Kuhinja

EPL2
    Shabani scored the winner and 2nd of the season in a 2-1 win. Seems like he could be his team's top scorer.

RL
    Baller (3rd), Latteier X2 (2nd), Ardestani (1st), Hermes (3rd), Boujellab (1st), Rosenlocher X2 (2nd)

3rd Liga
    -Opoku assisting winner in 2-1 win.
    -Eckert with a goal and assist in 3-2 loss

2BL
    -Hack scored a double off of his U21 hat trick today in a 3-3 draw. Hopefully he does well enough this season to jump to 1BL in Summer. Hoff have a buyback clause on him.
    -Baumgart scored lone goal for Aue in 1-0 win.
    -Wintzheimer made his Bochum debut, no idea how he did but his sub could have played a role in 2-2 draw. They were down 2-0 when he entered....

and it continues 98-Handwerker is benched for 99-Nurnberger. If Handwerker continues to be benched no reason to pick him next International break. We got lots of LB options anyways.

Austrian Bundesliga
    -Berisha had 2 goals and 2 assists in a 6-0 win. Takes his tally to
    4 goals and 2 assists in 7 games

7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looks like Hack should have scored a hat trick today, had an attempt where he passed by plenty of players but his shot was wide. Could have scored 2 consecutive hat tricks!!!

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rhein seems to be a 5 assists in 4 games playing up his age group in U19.

9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeboah's goal was a counter goal. Also looks like at one moment, Yeboah dribbled past 2 players before laying it off for someone who then passed it back to him and he dribbled by another 2 players before being fouled by a 3rd in the box but it was deemed not a foul. In one attacking run, he almost dribbled by 5 players.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dang Son Tung repped this.
  12. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    With Schubert sacked, Holstein Kiel promote their reserves coach to take over the senior team. Wonder if this will finally benefit their young group of strikers in Serra, Iyoha and Lauberbach. There's also the not youth eligible anymore Hanslik who hasn't been able to gain favour in the senior squad.

Between the Kiel boys, Daferner and Krueger at Aue, Wintzheimer at Bochum, and Otto at Heidenheim, it's still uncertain which young strikers are able to make a breakthrough this season.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    or their II players? Like Fleckstein, Alt, Pernot, Baller etc.

lyoha needs to get it together otherwise he'll never be close to making Fortuna 1st team aka neverending loans. Serra seems to have hit a stumbling block and needs to get out of it, sucks that he hit the post in 2 different games, scoring twice would have boosted his confidence. Lauberbach is behind those 2 but ahead of Hanslik, he needs to do more when he's given sub min.

there is also Amenyido, who although is being deployed at W, is also a striker.

could be nice to see most of these guys doing more this season and also guys like Teuchert, Knoll, Tietz etc. still lots of time for that.

14. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    I think we'll be lucky if at least 2 youth strikers in 2. Buli can score 10 goals or more this season

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ihorst is absent from Bremen II today, injured/unfit or in 1st team? I mean the Bremen 1st team currently has mass injury.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    U19
    X2: Gudra (3 goals and 6 assists in 6 games this season)
    X1: Jastremski

both 01 CFs Gudra and Jastremski have been productive this season.

EPL2
    Kyeremateng scored his 2nd of the season in a 2-0 win for Stoke U23.

RL
    Taz (5th), Boujellab (1st), Philipp (3rd), Badjie (7th), van den Berg (4th in 5 games)

3rd Liga
    Sontheimer scored his 1st of the season in a 3-2 win for WK, where S.Rhein (on loan) also scored his 1st and winner.

Dutch 2nd division
    -Roesch scored lone goal in a 3-1 loss, it was his 1st start since his loan move there.
    -Arweiler on the other hand had a goal and assist in that 3-1 win for Utrecht II.

2BL
    Teuchert scores his 1st of the season and winner in a 2-1 win for H96. Was his 1st pro goal since his FCN days.....sheesh,his whole Schalke move was an injury plagued one.

Eredivisie
    Czyborra assisted the winning goal for Heracles in a 3-2 win over Twente.I think he should get U21 call up in October.

1BL
    Serdar scores in his 2nd consecutive game for Schalke in a 2-1 win over Mainz. He's now just one goal away from it being his highest scoring season.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Fortuna Dusseldorf has tied with Shinta Appelkamp a young player from their own youth long-term to the club. The 18-year-old Japanese man receives a contract from the Rhinelanders until 2021 - his first professional contract.

"Shinta has a great talent and positions in various positions and we trust him to take the next steps in his career at Fortuna, and tying Shinta to us by 2021 underscores our path to giving talent from our NLZ a chance to give, "sports director Lutz Pfannenstiel on record.

The midfielder, this season already with a squad nomination (1st matchday), is pleased with the confidence placed by the club: "My first professional contract has made a dream come true for me to train regularly with the professional team since the summer helped a lot in my development. "

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    99-Goller getting a start today in XI for Bremen vs RB Leipzig. His 2nd 1BL game this season and career, so far he's looked like the best Bremen attacker in 1st half. RB Leipzig constantly fouling him, as he's using his dribbling well and physically he doesn't look out of place. That was always his issue in past seasons, that he was lacking on that front.

call him up to the U21 next month.

19. Brandko

Brandko Member+

Dec 12, 2013
    Ragnar Ache continues to be playing well at Sparta Rotterdam, he deserves a call up.

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not to forget Luc Ihorsts short debut. At least physically pretty advanced

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #1671 Ger90, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    U17
    X2: Pontikou, Matanovic (5 goals in 3 games)
    X1: Kabadayi (04,5 goals and 3 assists in 5 games, could have more assists with today's game), Musiala (3 goals in 3 games, scoring in every game), Bruckner, Heimerl, Schafer, Cartus, Mata, Gurpuz, Fadeev, Kloth, Reckels, Bindemann, Christel, Moor, Hadziavdic (04), Tahirsylaj, Eickhoff, Koppener, Klein, Krasucki, Nkula, Homik, Landgraf

U19
    X3: Dincki (already at 8 and has been productive in every game), Gollnack (already at 9)
    X2:Konigsdorffer (at 6 and seems to be a good partner with Gollnack), Halbich, Yesilay
    X1: Woltemade, Wulff, Keller, Roscher, Grosser, Pakia, Zoch, Kinitz, Safronow, Schmid (03, played due to Lemperle injury and scores on his debut the lone goal in a 1-0 win), Friebe, Pfalz, Schroers, Niehues, Atmaca, Pudel, Weber, Salihoglu, Ruckert, Nebel, Irorere, Engel, Michel, Hinrichsen, Dinyer, Piljek, Sijaric, Cuni, Jahn Herrmann, Bird, Reutter, Munst, Caciel

RL
    Ort (1st), Dardai (2nd),

interesting 02-Samardzic played 60 in XI making his RL debut for Hertha II today in a 3-1 win. Wonder if he's earmarked for 1BL/pro debut this season? Looks like he had chances to score too, no idea about assists. He's been productive in every U19 game this season.

3rd Liga
    -00 Awuku (on loan) off the bench scores the equalizer in a comeback 3-2 win. 1st 3rd Liga game and 1st goal.
    -01 Jahn had his 2nd XI today and scored his 1st goal in that 3-2 loss
    -99 Campulka made his debut in 3rd Liga today in that 3-2 win for Chemnitzer coming on in 90+
    -Owusu scores his 1st goal in 1st game in a 2-1 loss to Duisburg
    -Schmeling assisted the 1st goal while Daschner scores his 3rd/winner in that 2-1 win for Duisburg
    -Morschel (2nd) and Grodowski (1st) both scored in a 2-2 draw.
    -Mantl with a clean sheet today vs SG where Frommann has started the last 2 matches. More and more young GKs in 3rd Liga.

Austrian 2nd division
    02-Adeyemi who scored RB Salzburg U19's lone goal in a 1-1 draw in UEFA Youth League. Today with a double in a 2-2 draw. Taking his numbers to 4 goals and 4 assists in 7 games, seems good enough for top 10 of the league.And youngest player on the list too.....

2BL
    -99 Schleimer made his pro bench today for FCN although unused. While FCN seems unsure of who to start as Handewerker and Nurnberger keep alternating. Going to be a long season for guys like Batmaz and Groiss.
    -I really want to see Furth play more youngsters, always unused even when 1st team attacking and defensively are lacking. Jaeckel got to play entire 2nd half while Raum, Abouchabaka, Leweling were unused and Bauer was likely with II.
    -Good to see Pieper start 4 of the last 5 games for AB.
    -wonder when Bartels will get a chance as Wehen get trashed almost every game.

the 2BL trend is still the same, vast majority of youngsters are benchers (mostly unused). Which includes 02-Consbruch

Eredivisie
    -Ache scored once and assisted once today in 4-0 win.
    currently at 3 goals and 2 assists in 6 games this season

1BL
    -I thought 99 Goller continued to well in 2nd half for Bremen. Even the commentators kept praising him at how he was the only attacker that was trying to get around the defense. The potential in him was always there, I really hope that Bremen try to dev him and don't dump him in II when players are injury free.

-meanwhile 00 team friendly CF Ihorst made his 1BL and pro debut today playing 12 min in that loss to RB Leipzig. I thought he did pretty well with his back to goal and even tried to set up Pizarro at one point but he was too slow, not surprising since he's 41. Overall interesting prospect, he looked pretty big, I do wonder with Pizarro being old and not being able to play full games and Fullkrug out for months if Ihorst will get more chances.

makes me wonder how much of the whole yapping about the gap between RL and 1BL is sooooo big is actual Bullshit from coaches who don't want to play inexperienced players. Since there's been numerous indications over past seasons that players can easily do well in 1BL jumping from RL.

-ugh Kovac, Bayern leads 3-0 and Koln are down 10 men. Instead of giving Mai chances, he plays older players. It's why making bench with Kovac means nothing.
    -not sure why N.Schlotterbeck has been benched ever since his return from International break. Was he just a temporary XI? Even though he's done well when he plays.
    -a lot of other players I feel like need to make themselves back into XI or finally get playing time (Kilian). Like Lowen for example did he move to Hertha to play bench?

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bremen has strikers in every age group
    98-J.Eggestein=already 1st teamer

I doubt they all make the 1st team but still interesting to see who will make it.
    99-van den Berg, currently in II, 4 goals in 6 games, with 1 start which was on Friday and only because Ihorst was with 1st team.He's likely not a 1st teamer especially if everyone is fit but doing well enough that he could move up in terms of league between Winter and Summer. In fact he only got more chances this season due to Dietz moving back to 3rd Liga, otherwise he would have spent 2 consecutive seasons doing nothing in RL.
    00-Ihorst, 1st choice in II, has a pro contract, viewed as a team friendly CF and made his 1BL/pro debut today. Someone that Baumann and company rate.
    01-Memisevic, in U19 does well enough whenever he plays but seems injured again as he played 0 games this season. Makes me doubt he has a Bremen future.
    02-you got Woltemade, giant striker at almost 2m tall, so far doing pretty well this season and also Nankishi. Both have trained with 1st team in recent times. Would guess after Ihorst that Woltemade is up next in terms of 1st team prospects
    03-Koppener currently 6 goals and 1 assist in 6 games in U17.
    04-Topp, the rated CF who was picked by Germany U16 even though he still plays in U16 and even scored for Germany too.

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Players who Germany hasn't bothered with but close to 1st teams for whatever reason, randomly ordered.
    1-Mercan
    2-Kutucu, provisionally capped by Turkey
    3-Gruev, provisionally capped by Bulgaria
    4-Stanic, provisionally capped by Croatia
    5-Appelkamp

If I'm honest, I don't feel like Augsburg is very into Stanic, I mean that they get Oxford only a year older and that Stanic is now dumped back to II is not a show of confidence. Even though Oxford was a complete and utter disaster last season. Also feels like 02-Koudelka who is done with U19 in 2021 and who has played numerous 1st team friendlies could possibly jump ahead of Stanic.

Mercan and Kutucu are 1st teamers even if on the bench, from the 5 listed, they seem to be the real 1st teamers, not based on injuries to others or back ups. Germany should call up Mercan, I mean, U20=friendlies only. As for Kutucu would expect senior NT call up might be the only draw but Turkey could easily pull the trigger faster.

Gruev's continues to make bench, although still unused is only due to Bremen's current mass injuries (likely same for Ihorst and Goller). And Mbom is on loan. Who would be ahead if Mbom was still at the club? Would expect Mbom.

Appelkamp is one of the Fortuna youngsters who is the closest to the 1st team, including signing pro contract today and has been praised numerous times by Funkel since Summer. Only played 1 game for Japan Youth NT which was a U18 friendly and that's it and hasn't been called up by them since Jun 2018, over a year ago. Still he needs to get 1st team chances outside of making bench here and there.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looking up Bremen, seems like Osako is listed out until Oct 30 by TM. Fullkrug is out for months too. Bartels seems keep having problems in comeback.

looks like they will be forced to rely on youngsters for awhile. The only senior striker is 41 year old Pizarro who seems more limited in terms of usage. Could be more chances for Goller and Ihorst, maybe even Philipp (has a pro contract and rated by Bremen). I mean against RB Leipzig, neither Goller nor Ihorst looked out of place at all. Goller actually looked to be one of Bremen's best attackers in his 1st pro 1BL start.

also interesting to note that the 01 W Dinkci who has 8 goals and 2 assists in 6 games for Bremen U19 was recently with the 1st team too. Looks like Kohfeldt could be looking at more attacking options. If he were to get any chances at some point, wonder if that would increase his Germany U19 chances?

even if everyone was fit, Bremen would likely have lost to this RB Leipzig anyways, was a tough test. Won't get easy as they play Dortmund next and then Frankfurt. Looks like they are playing consecutive CL clubs and then a EL one.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -99 Shabani seems to be doing well in England.

Meritan Shabani has made a big impact behind the scenes at Wolverhampton Wanderers with U23 coach Rob Edwards telling WolvesBite that the former Bayern Munich midfielder is getting better by the week.

Wolves fans might have been left a little disappointed by the lack of marquee signings on transfer deadline day but the arrival of a Munich-born 20-year-old should not be understated.

A Munich-born play-maker who spent 12 years in Bayern’s famed academy, Shabani signed a three-year deal with the Premier League outfit in early August and he has caught the eye of Edwards after just a few weeks in the Black Country.

“Meritan is showing more and more quality all the time every day, so we’re really excited to have him in the building,” said Edwards.

“I said it last week he will get more used to English football the longer he’s here, but I was really pleased with the way he has performed.”
    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/09/...rds-discusses-meritan-shabanis-impact-at-wol/

“For all foreign players coming in it can be really difficult to adjust. I still think it’s taking him some time. He shows moments of real quality and it’s there for all to see. He’s going to be a really good player for us.

“It’s just really early days and it’s a completely different environment to what he's used to. We’re delighted with him so far. He knows what he needs to keep focusing on and working on, but he knows what he’s good at as well.

“I like the fact he never shies away from it and always wants the ball. His attitude and his work-rate has been different class.

“Sometimes it takes a little bit longer for some people to get used to what we’re doing but he’s already got two goals and I think he’s going to be really good for us.”
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/how-meritan-shabani-played-latest-16957430

wonder if he gets League Cup and/or FA Cup chances this season? Shabani is a player who can only get U21 call up if he plays for 1st team.