Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that Koln U19 game vs Fortuna U19, seems like the following guys was watching the match.
    -Koln 1st team assistant coach Andre Pawlak
    -Koln chief scout Willi Kronhardt,
    -Koln II coach Mark Zimmermann,
    -Koln II co-trainer Martin Heck,
    -Peter Hermann, Germany U18 assistant coach
    -head of the junior department of the Fortuna, Frank Schaefer.
    -Siggi Marti, the chief scout of Mainz 05, seems to be constantly at the games. Sounds like Mainz might attempt to lure players?Although feels like Mainz already have plenty of prospects. Curious to know which player(s) they are eyeing.

S.Muller hit the post in that game, Lemperle's supposed superb volley was saved. Thielmann scored off a Obuz assist. S.Muller seems to have been very active. Saw description that Lemperle and Obuz dominate the wings and then Thielmann and S.Muller are in center and shift between midfield and attack. Pretty much like I said these 4 are pretty deadly alltogether.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    pretty much puts doubt on Gunther and Kabadayi being dev as strikers in long run even if they get deployed there here and there. Honestly Gunther seems more of a W in his game play anyways.

3. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

He has Moukoko too if he wants lol

But I think since Kabadayi isn’t eligible, I’d say Mekoma, Sanogo, Anton akade n Kojic are popular choices.

I heard Sanogo’s s status will be less complicated than Kabadayi’s

4. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Due to Yusuf Kabadayi’s situation , we have no idea when he’s officially eligible to play for Dfb yet .

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern II's 99-Rieg is back after being out injured for 16 months........that's one long term injury.

while Maier is still out for Hertha.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    current reports say that 98-Salih Ozcan will extend his Koln contract and go on loan to 2BL Kiel. Interesting since it means he's not leaving permanently and if Koln survive 1BL, he could play 1BL next season.

7. Neymar

Neymar New Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Aug 19, 2019
    Elias Abuchabaka in the preliminary squad of Morocco u23.

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's provisionally capped by Germany. Can only play if he switches....ugh I hope he stays.
    Barkok currently injured also seems to be on that list, also provisionally capped by Germany too.

seems like Ouahim and Boujellab also there.

seriously and other countries trying to poach our players.

Neymar repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so pretty much all the relevant German-Morrocans from 97-00 are on that provisionally list.
    if Abouchabaka can just gets some game time at Furth, he's likely to get Germany call up in u20.

meanwhile, official.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    looking it up that Morocco U23 provisional list is made up of 67 players. Sounds more like 97-onwards eligible players from all over than anything.
    https://www.frmf.ma/fr/article/elim...eaumelle-publie-une-liste-élargie-de-soixante

and when you go 00-onwards we see more and more German-Moroccans. Believe that 96-onwards there is like min 1 per age group of relevance. Like 03-Kurt, 02-Loune (believe he has a 04 bro too), 02-Harnafi are German-Moroccan for example.

Neymar repped this.
  11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    J.Eggestein getting praise.

Coach Kohfeldt is very pleased with the development of his offensive jewel: "He is now able to take on tactical tasks that go far beyond those of a striker. Nevertheless, he always radiates Torgefahr and is able to meet in every Bundesliga match. "

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    England U23
    Shabani in his 3rd consecutive XI scores for Wolves U23 in a 2-1 win. LOL, it was the team's 1st goal of the season. The win only happened due to Blackburn getting 2 players who received red cards. Shabani scored before any red.

RL
    Ngankam (3rd, lone goal in 1-0), Taz (4th), S.Tigges (2nd), Hippe (1st), Caliskaner (1st, lone goal in 1-0)

Ngankam nothing but a sub player for Hertha II and at
    3 goals and 4 assists in 5 games playing only 191 min, less than 200 min......only a matter of time before he ditches Hertha. No pro contract and expiring 2020 contract.

Raschl played his 1st game of the season in RL today. Expected since for now he's a back up player to Dortmund 1st team, while Osterhage is still out. Even the Argentinian 1st team player Balerdi has only played RL so far.

3rd Liga
    -Diawusie drew a PK which was scored for Ingolstadt in a 2-2 draw vs HR where Opoku (on loan) scored his 2nd of the season.

Dutch 2nd division
    -Roesch (on loan) made his pro debut today as Roda lost 2-1, playing 23 min. Made 2 bench appereances in 2 seasons in Ausgburg 1st team, once each season but no debut.
    -Kuhn off the bench scored Ajax's 4th in a 5-2 win.

2BL
    -Burnic and 01-Ehlers continue to be starters for Dynamo as they kept a clean sheet. While Pfeiffer still no pro debut for him at Darmstadt.
    -Croatian Sosa got 2 yellows=red for Stuttgart. Will it be a chance for 99-Grozinger to make his pro debut and XI?

have to say so far this doesn't seem to be a very scoring 2BL season. Likely due to so many 2BL strikers either going to 1BL or 3rd Liga or leaving Germany. While others seem to have yet to find their form in new season.

1BL
    I really hope that 00-Raschl/Osterhage can breakthrough Dortmund 1st team. While Koln, outside of Bader there isn't anyone else besides 01-Katterbach who is the current back up LB but he needs to be fit again, seems to be getting close now. Seems like they made space for him as both Horn/Handwerker left. Than hopefully Bisseck and Ozcan do well on their loans and breakthrough next season. As for U19, S.Muller is likely the only option, I have doubts about any of the 02s will be upped early. Outside of Lemperle who played post Winter break last season, the others are all playing their 1st U19 season. Although who knows, long season with possible injuries. It's all about impressing and being deemed ready or not.

although Koln 2 games=2 losses. Who knows desperation from 1st team while seeing young players do well could give chances or not. Although wonder if they will go into the market before it closes. A good remainder why I dislike that the transfer market is open even after season starts.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

14. Neymar

Neymar New Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Aug 19, 2019
    Morocco wants to lure everyone, Ihattaren (02-Netherlands) in the main team called.
    I think Elias has very few chances to get into the German national team, a very talented generation of (00) still disappoints.

15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    thing about Elias making it or not, is that we can't know until he makes his real breakthrough. Besides 3 pro appearances last season all as a sub where he never looked out of place. That's not enough to know his standings only 19 years old. Already excelled in RL so not like he busted in RL.

my issue is that Germany still needs to be competitive in youth levels. If every dual/triple dumps Germany when they make 1BL/2BL, especially 1BL, will reduce the pool by a lot. Abouchabaka is eligible for German youth until 2023, another 4 years.

and we all know these other countries will try to lure players with senior NT faster than Germany ever would. Still lots of aging players in Germany senior NT and guys like Draxler who a non Low coach would dump him.

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    reality is with duals, I wouldn't expect many late bloomers anymore playing for Germany, especially if their options are a country that aren't too bad.

just imagine a late bloomer that takes until 24-25+ to excel. Germany doesn't call him due to high standards but other countries would call up a player just for being in 1BL and eligible......and they would try to do so when he's even younger than that.

it's really why I feel like maybe eligibility should just be about country that produces a player from a certain age.Although will never happen.

a few years ago, FIFA was discussing a compensation scheme where poaching players, you would have to compensate the training country. And even worse if the player was involved in said country's youth NT levels. Guess it was deemed not "ethical" to make one fed pay another.

That Morroco wants to call up 02-Ihattaren to the senior NT is bonkers and shows exactly the issues with the whole poaching. Although kid is undecided on final choice. Very lame to make kids choose at 17 their final choice.....
    https://www.football-oranje.com/ihattaren-not-ready-to-choose-between-netherlands-and-morocco/

but a good example of issues that will plague countries.

Neymar repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Abouchabaka is a pretty flexible player can be deployed at CM/AM/W, although usually more attacking.

there are over 30 games left in season, if he can manage to breakthrough and get enough game time. Who knows when he returns to RB Leipzig, maybe Nagelsmann takes an interest in him and his dev? But whether in 2020 or 2021 (imagine he gets loaned out again), a player with potential being molded by Nagelsmann could be interesting.

a lot of people at RB seem to think with Nagelsmann Academy players might have a better chance than previous 2 coaches.

if not, all he needs is 1 good season somewhere to be able to potentially move up to another 1BL club.

point is that it really is better if he continues to be a Germany player. And I'm hoping he can breakthrough this season.

Neymar repped this.
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    in unexpected update, Kuntz seems to be strongly considering 00-Raschl and 00-Osterhage (currently injured) for the U21. Both Dortmund boys are potential 1st teamers according to Dortmund's Watzke, although yet to make pro debut.

Kuntz discussed with other U coaches like U20 coach Baum where to play the pair. We will know the answer next week.............

I dunno feels like there are a lot of 1BL/2BL options from 98-99 for DM/CM, why call up guys eligible for next U21 cycle who have yet to make their debuts? If Raschl who has the edge due to being fit can make himself part of Dortmund 1st team squad and play, then it's a different story but so far it seems too early.

will we also call up 00-Mercan since he's part of Schalke 1st team? That opens a can of worms, do we also call up Kuhn/Yeboah? And more 00s like Beyer/Mai etc.

sounds more like calling up players based on potential than actual career progress. Beyer is the exception since he has real pro experience even if not huge amount due to injury last season. And can play CB/RB which is important.

LOL at how Raschl who was never relevant to dfb, now is close to Dortmund 1st team and close to jumping an age group in U21 NT.:laugh:

wonder if 99-Kilian and 98-Chabot also gets a call up? Kilian seems very close to playing 1BL for Padeborn. And played very well for Germany U20 last season when given the chance.

saw some articles who mention F.Gotze (currently unfit) and Passlack too.
    I don't mind calling up Passlack, since NT call ups does help players in terms of pro careers too.

if GL-Itter gets fit and gets time, he could also be called up although October is more likely.

19. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    To me I think DM/CM, Arne Maier, Geiger, Fein, Baku are my definite choices...we might take 5 DM/CM

For now I prefer Burnic over Raschl still. And Mbom does play in 3BL?

Barkok I see him as an AM

Left back is not a huge concern since we have two players who are playing in Eredivisie already. Czyborra and Handwerker, Vangnoman is also decent prospect. Itter can take his time for now

Striker we have some options too even Serra has been struggling badly for a while. Jojo Eggestein, Lukas Nmecha are two obvious ones, I think they should really consider taking Mergim Berisha, Wintzheimer or David Otto.

Arp can play a year for U20, don’t think he has enough playing time with us if he’s behind all the mentioned players

20. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    CB) Chabot, Schlottterbeck, Kilian, Mai(?), Jaeckel

RB) Louis Beyer, Passlack, Amade (?), Goden

CM/DM) Baku, Arne Maier, Geiger, Burnic, Dorsch, Raschl, Ozcan

AM) Barkok, Schreck, Mehlem

Wingers) Maina, Hack, Makanda Baku, Burkardt(?), Goller, Kuhn

Strikers) Eggestein, Serra, Nmecha, David Otto, Arp, Berisha, Krüger, Wintzheimer

LB) Handwerker, Itter, Vagnoman (lefty), Czyborra

I think RB is rather thin, CB is ok. As long as Schlotterbeck n Chalot can play

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you can take out Maier and Goller both are unfit and have not played 1 game this season. Goller should be back during International break. Also Mehlem is not eligible for U21 only Olympics. Barkok is also out injured.

I suspect that between now and 2021 a LOT will happen in terms of player movement and playing time. Guys who aren't considered now could be contenders later on too. 2 years is a long time.

Geiger when fit is usually very good, provided 2 assists as Hoff beat Bremen 3-2, scored last matchday but his goal was deemed offside in a 1-0 loss. While in Eredivisie, Kohlert who has started 4/4 games for Willem II scored a double in a 2-1 win. One described as a solo goal and the other as a great goal. Kohlert is a dribbling winger, let's see how he devs in Netherlands. Still enough time for him to hit double digits with 30 games to go......

Yeboah could easily become a contender if he's given 1st team chances at Wolfsburg 1st team. Currently at 4 goals in 4 games in II, scoring in every game. Then you got guys like 99-C.Conteh seems to have + dev. Today, 99-Bapoh off the bench scored once and drew a PK which was scored in a comeback 3-3 draw for Bochum, I mean Bochum was down 3-0 and Bapoh is sub in, helped them comeback draw! Interesting remanding trivia, Bapoh is the nephew of Cameroonian Legend Samuel Eto'o. While CB Pieper came on today on the 6th min and seems to have done well in a 3-1 win. When given chance he usually does well enough. If he can cement himself in XI. He increases his chances too. Plenty of other players aren't extremely far away.

would not be surprised if Sept call ups are dissimilar to the final tournament squad.

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Kohlert is a good example of some issues with German soccer. HSV wanted to renew his contract but 0 plans for him ala Knoll. So basically they wanted to renew contract of a player just so that he plays more II, nothing more. That's very problematic, these clubs don't really seem to care much about their own players tbh.

And then if he stays in Germany would likely only get a bump to 3rd Liga........instead goes to Eredivisie and is a starter.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nightmare for @Karl-Heinz Riedle as 02-Asllani scored 6 goals today in a 13-0 win vs Kiel U19.
    thats
    9 goals and 2 assists in 3 games and for all we know he assisted in today's game, so his assist tally could be a lot bigger.

although it does highlight that Nord/Nordost is VERY weak this season.

will update results later....

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As I said , scoring isn’t everything. For a striker as I said about Asllani

For modern games, strikers are required to do a lot more

Assists is not buildup game. U can make a tiny back pass inside the box n made an assist. But how u connect midfield n final third is build up game

How’s Asllani’s pressing, coverage, technical ability, match reading and build-up games? U haven’t watched his games. How can u judge a player entirely based on scoring?

He’s a limited poacher now, be impressed like Cagatay Kader