Auf geht's, Jungs: German Youth Discussion Thread Vol. V

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #951 Ger90, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    can anyone think of a 1BL club who has space for Arp? And if he joins a club he needs to regular playing time, not sure he'll be given any elsewhere, especially consistent min.

makes me think Eredivisie might be the alternative, they like to dev players and a prospects like Arp would be tempting for a lot of the clubs in the league.

the old man league of 2BL doesn't seem like a good idea and it's more low level too.

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol Bayern barely beats a RL club 3-1. Mai ends up unused bench player. Could easily have subbed him in to get match practice but nope bring in Hernandez to get back after his injury. He already has pro experience and WC winner he doesn't need match practice vs RL club. Seems like Mai is once again obviously a back up option and needs mass injuries to really get chances.....

said this before and say it again, Kovac is not the right coach for Bayern in terms of youth integration. Simply because he's a dude who's afraid of bad results and thinks integrating players means they won't win games. It's basically why he never integrated squat at Frankfurt and has yet to do anything at Bayern. And everytime one hears him talk, he praises youngsters but at the same time doesn't trust any of them. He wants that Croatia Perisic to join and even states that age shouldn't matter, talking about the fact that Perisic is 30 and that experience is what matters. None of that sounds like someone who wants to integrate players. Bayern really needs a good coach (Kovac is mediocre) who at the same time integrates young players. Still have 0 plans yet hoard talents......it's why them getting Mbi/Musiala was like ok but what's the point when there is no 1st team integration for anyone???

what's funny is how Bayern "stars" were facing a bunch of kids and players who were eligible last u21 cycle.
    95-96=3 players
    97=1 player
    98-01=5 players

Subs Used:
    95-96=1 player
    00=2 players

that's 7 players eligible for next U21 cycle and around like 4-5 from that 7 eligible for the 2023 one.:D:D:D

98-Taz scored on Bayern, was fouled and scored a PK, lol. He's a player like the Cottbus GK on loan from 1BL Union.
    https://streamja.com/qKA2

also the player who gave the pass to Taz was 00 CF Broschinski, another in the long list of interesting 00 strikers but more low profile.

meanwhile Union obviously loaned Taz to a lower level than his real prospects. Seriously way too many trash loans from 1BL-2BL clubs, it's ridiculous. I understand Moser since he's a GK and there is no Union II but not Taz.
    Taz this season at 4 goals in 4 games, scoring in every game.

3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    EPL2.
    Here's a striker we haven't brought up in a long time, 99-Kyeremateng scores his 1st goal of the season in the 1st game of the season in a 1-1 draw for Stoke U23.

he's a weird one, not sure what to think of a guy who hadn't scored once in years in U19 who then moves to England U23 after he was done with U19. The Stoke 1st team have 5 strikers including a 99 Brit, so he's obviously behind even in England and 2 losses in 2 games at the start of the season. It's like why the hell would you move to England when your not established and never did anything in Germany either.

-meanwhile 99-Shabani started the game for Wolves u23 in a 2-0 loss. Played like 83 min, new country, new league for him

4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm very curious to know why our German strikers insist on breaking through 1BL through the reserve teams or loans to 2BL or 3rd Liga? Like all of them. Reserve teams is very problematic since it's pretty much a if everyone is injured your maybe up. RL is only good when the clubs actually have plans for the player for real. If there is no real plan then they end up in RL potentially for awhile and will be forced to take the long route up. Lots of players where it never mattered how they did in RL, they had 0 1st team prospects. If the club doesn't have plans for a player doesn't necessarily have to do with the players. Some clubs have way too many strikers with limited spots while MAJORITY want REAL experience and are less willing to integrate CFs. There is a reason why CF and GK are issue when it comes to integrating especially in top 4 leagues. Every coach want quick results and for that you need experience.

who are the strikers outside of Germany?
    Adeyemi, Berisha, Kyeremateng, Ache......maybe Eckert too although still clubless and could return home.

and Adeyemi is the only high profile one but he's so young a 02 that one shouldn't expect him to breakthrough for another 1-2 years min.

always said it could be interesting to see more strikers leave Germany but most don't. Over last few transfers everything points even more than ever to 1BL clubs wanting players with 1st division experience even if low level league. So why do our players insist on staying put? League is filled with French, Dutch, Portuguese, Austria, Swiss, Danish leagues, heck even Serbian league strikers are moving to 1BL clubs.

it's very telling that even someone like D.Otto who completely dominated U19 Sud/Sudwest. Wasted a season playing back up with no integration by Nagelsmann who still praised him and then another season (this season) on loan to 2BL. I mean he did well in 1BL in very limited game time, never looked out of place and had an assist stolen by a teammate all due to wanting to break a record faster. I'm not saying he's not going to get chances in 2020-2021 in 1BL but if someone like him is being shoved around with no integration since Heidenheim will end up being the club who devs him. What does that say about other players and their chances to breakthrough?

Schalke were high on Kruger but has 0 plans to integrate him because they had way too many players back then, he got tons of praise and even Tedesco the coach at the time didn't seem keen on losing him.......So they let him leave to 2BL with a buyback clause. And so far it does seem like 2BL is below his potential.......

all I'm seeing is it's getting tougher and tougher for integration when it's all about experience/results and lack of space.

there are also negatives in that German strikers will end up having to compete vs German strikers on top of all the foreign strikers. There are only 17 1BL clubs and potential 3 relegations clubs as well. The more Germany devs better strikers the more there will be lack of space.....Just imagine all the promising 98-onwards and then when we see the effects of the dfb training improvements years from now. Even more reason why leaving isn't a bad idea.

5. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL.:ROFLMAO:

so his decision to leave out Arp was due to Wriedt scoring for II (one of the 4 goals was a PK). So he's saying that Arp is being "punished" due to playing preseason with 1st team while Wriedt was with II and scoring, lol. I have seen Wriedt play for II and even though he's scores he misses a ton of chances. Also 6 years older than Arp, a 25 year old striker still playing low level is Bayern 1st team material according to Kovac? His ceiling isn't high either.....And the reality is that Bayern did not keep him around for 1st team, they kept him around to help II stay in 3rd Liga with his experience. He's not a long term player at the club, soon enough Wriedt will leave permanently in order to forge his own career and not play at low level.

yeah keep showing how much you don't integrate youngsters. Makes me feel even more like he was setting up Arp to fail when playing him LW and RW in preseason even though he and the press praised him for his performances vs top clubs while out of position.

and no Bayern is not for every player, old or young. They are for older and more experienced players with most coaches involved.

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hate Bild+ since no access but from what I gather, they mention U18 coach Christian Worns in an article about Moukoko's return to dfb. So he's jumping to the 02 age group........again, ugh I am not a fan with these types of moves even if extremely rare. 02 is not an age group with striker issue anyways. He'll just block someone else.
    https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/sport...and-63917476,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

seriously hope that Moukoko's age is 100% accurate......

7. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was mentioned before by kicker : https://www.kicker.de/750871/artikel

Well, 2004 DFB have tried 7-8 strikers so if Moukoko stays in U16 he might have blocked more:

Mekoma, Max Wagner, Kojic, Copado, Anton Kade, Keke Topp, Simon Hoffmann and maybe Kabadayi

From the list, Kabadayi plays mostly at LW, Copado plays some AM... but still 2004 have more strikers than 2002

2002 I prefer Borkowski, Woltemade, Adeyemi (plays RW too) , Beifus probably plays more CB this season because Wolfsburg have Lenn Jastremski.

Moukoko is those kind of talents who will make the pro league very soon and will integrate directly to pro team.

8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    there is a lot more than that for 02s and I also recall you were very high on Hummel and Kramny. Not anymore?

assuming Moukoko's not a fraud......although even if he was 3 years older, it's still impressive 6 goals in his 1st game.
    out of curiosity, what do you expect his final height to be if currently 1.74m?

also seems like Augsburg let go of 02-Schweinstetter and is still a free agent?

9. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If he’s as good as Messi or Hazard, he can play anywhere. Even as a lone striker

Kid is strong. It’s more than just height

Hummel had many injuries issue since U15 when I rated him and I don’t think Mo Kramny has been consistent enough

2002 is not a bad year for strikers, but not that great either.

I would pick Borkowski, Woltemade n Adeyemi for now.
    Beifus more of a CB choice , or play last 15-20min at CF

Kids shouldn’t be afraid of competition. To make it to the top they can’t fear competition n needs to willingness to compete, improve and against the odds.

I think Adeyemi can play RW, Woltemade more of a plan B against certain opponents ... don’t think it hurts too much

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what is cool about Moukoko is that if he makes the Dortmund 1st team, he'll be the 1st prominent German striker at Dortmund in ages.

seriously Dortmund's recent history is all foreign strikers.
    Ducksch seems like the last Dortmund German striker to breakthrough 1st team from Academy (maybe I'm wrong???) although didn't last long and has yet to pan out outside of 2BL.

as for any German striker including older players feels like it was back in early 2000s last time the team had prominent German strikers. After that you had your Koller, Frei, Barros, Lewa, Auba, Paco taking over.

it's why I find the whole German striker dev pathetic and sad at the same time. And why we really need to turn things around. And like I keep saying

injury prone strikers+aging strikers=need for next gen to step up.

11. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    it’s clear that 2004 have more interesting strikers than 2002 from what I saw

I can think of 6-7 for 2004

I like Mekoma, Semic, Kabadayi and Topp of coz... Simon Hoffmann, Copado, Anton Kade, Max Wagner are interesting too

Moukoko can play In 2002 or 2001

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    about the height, it's not about heading game, although it wouldn't kill him to be able to head the ball too, add it to his Arsenal. More curiosity and if he's a 14 year old, he should continue to grow as well. Don't bring up Messi/Hazard, especially not Messi (once in a generation talent). We are like years and years away from knowing if he's as good or not. And he could still end up as a fraud too. All that hype would disappear if he isn't 14.

come on Kramny had tons of injury issues, like breaking both hands and a growth spurt, all different times in a small timespan. You expect him to find consistency this quickly? As for Hummel you think he can't comeback from his injury issues? One issue is that our players are almost all injury prone. But you are writing both out due to that?

competition? I don't see it as competition when you know that the dfb coaches will play Moukoko by default. And these other strikers don't compete with Moukoko because they don't play in same clubs.

I think the most important thing is to get as many strikers as possible to 1st division levels and that they pan out. Not just about Moukoko or not. Although seems like he could be the main German striker at Dortmund in 2-3 years. So that's 1 club covered.........hopefully................

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thomas Muller talks Academy players. Along with Alaba the last to really breakthrough.

Müller on why no youth player has really broken into the first team recently: "The boys are all good players. That has never been a debate. But we need to get three points every game, and not every youth player can just get the playing time they need."

names Kevin de Bruyne as an example: "He is not just any footballer, but top ten in the world in his position. He was already at a great club at 20 but only broke through after 2 loan deals and a permanent transfer."

"If a player of that quality can't break through at 18,19,20. How can a player who needs a little more time to develop break through?"

Müller admits that the young players might get more chances this year due to the small squad: "When you have a big squad with a lot of high quality players and few injurys during the season it is more difficult."

All I'm seeing from Muller is injuries to others and need to leave the club as an answer. Although he's right about small squad excluding GKs, Bayern currently has 16 outfield players not counting Arp/Mai etc. Although they are getting Perisic and maybe another 1-2 players. So it really is mostly all due to injuries for chances. Just because you make the bench doesn't mean you'll come on, especially not with someone like Kovac.

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    said it plenty of times before, 3rd Liga-RL is filled with players with potential that all get ignored as 1BL are obsessed with foreign players and 2BL is old man leagues and 1BL rejects. Still think 2BL needs more youth injection.

more about RL club Cottbus.

Hoppe was impressive for Energie Cottbus
    19-year-old outside back Marcel Hoppe was thoroughly impressive for Energie Cottbus. Hoppe displayed some blazing speed and provided some dangerous looks as he frustrated Bayern on multiple occasions. Energie Cottbus’ strategy was clear in that they wanted to stay compact, jumble the box for Bayern, and minimize damage, but when Hoppe got a chance to show his talent, the youngster did well to take on some of Bayern’s top players.
    https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...gie-cottbus-robert-lewandowski-kingsley-coman

the Cottbus GK 99-Moser played very well and made numerous reflex saves and no goal was his fault. if it wasn't for him, Cottbus loses like 6-0/7-0. 98-Taz and 00-Broschinski being involved in the only goal for the RL club and add 00-Hoppe. Fun fact that Hoppe is an ex RB Leipzig youth player, same club obsessed with foreign fullbacks..........Has had some DFB involved in U17 too but nothing substantial as our focus was Vagnoman/Lungwitz etc.
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=Marc...ved=0ahUKEwi2zIuZ8v7jAhVLTd8KHY77CFQQ_AUIESgB

15. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, my point was when a player has allround skills and to an extreme, he can play any attacking position because he has the required skill set despite height.

Messi, Mbappe, Hazard n Mane can play striker perfectly well. When Firmino couldn’t play, Klopp used Mane as CF and Origi as left winger, which I found it work well

Anyway, Moukoko will make the pro for sure and will play a ton. Of coz if he is a flop at pro (Donis Avdijaj?) that’s another story but I m very certain that he will have his chance

If every striker prospect in Germany is like Moukoko, scored like 2 goals a game on average and making noise and crazy sponsorship deals early. Clubs have to play them early and will give them chances

Gedikli is most likely another

I feel like our U19 is weak with the 2001. Glatzel n Lenn Jastremski aren’t enough. Glatzel is always injured and Jastremski performs poorly with DFB. Don’t think Serkan Dursun or Hollerbach is an answer.

Dajaku is a winger now, Makanda plays in midfield and Dautaj has pretty much give up on football.

I think Jastremski, Glatzel and Seb Muller are the three choices now maybe. Moukoko will be a major upgrade

I don’t write off Maurice Kramny n David Hummel yet, think they are decent. But I have some doubts over their development. It didn’t go well and next season will be key, unless they can score like crazy amounts or play like insanely well, doubt they can have a place in 1st team if at all

Arp could start for HSV early because he was an elite talent n played consistently well throughout the years; Gedikli and Moukoko too

2001 and 2002 we have some meh striker talents , ok but not like amazingly impressiv. That won’t stop Teams from buying better ones to the squad n convince them they are good enough. They have to be competitive against seniors and foreigners , you have to be a top striker at early stage if u wanna become a starting striker. It’s more n more competitive and they can’t fear competition. You have to be great at something or elite in one of these aspects (scoring or physicality or pace or skill)

16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Avdijaj is only a flop in terms of mentality/unprofessionalism but he has shown numerous times his potential although yet to reach it. It's why I'm not sad that he and Dadashov ditched Germany for Kosovo and Azerbaijan, both were more trouble than they are worth. Wasted potential so far.

I think more of 02s than you do that is all and so far clubs also seem to when you had like 4 02 strikers who trained with 1st teams during this Summer camp, including 2 who even played in the friendlies. Basically clubs took in U17 players. 02s who are now in U19 are eligible for U19 another 2 seasons. And another 2 who trained with 1st team during last season when they were in U17.

And being blocked has nothing to do with competition if there is no space in the 1st team squad. And not every club has coaches who want to integrate any youngsters either. Too many of these guys want experience as they fear losing and getting the axe.

if I'm honest, I do not really buy that there is much competition at these clubs like at all, money talks and experience talks. There is more open competition in other positions, not as much for strikers when 0/barely pro experience. Too many good examples of that every season. We have seen numerous young strikers who outperform older strikers in preseason and then when preseaosn starts the kids are either on bench or left out completely.

17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    your wrong about Arp, he did not start early because he's an elite talent. He started early because every HSV striker sucked ass in 1BL while he was scoring in U19 left and right, so he got upped. I recall in this forum saying numerous times, just call Arp up and play him, since I watched the team play and they sucked. If the players and team performs he doesn't get any 1st team chances.

it's the same for Werner, he did not get chances due to himself. He got chances due to Stuttgart being so bad for years, 3/3 seasons he played with Stuttgart they were fighting relegation battle before they got relegated in last season.

truth is a lot of times chances come due to mass injuries or when everyone sucks. Not about competition or potential. When coaches play Werner/Arp it's more desperation than anything.

18. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    97-Tietz had an operation and is out for who knows how long. Due to this Wehen will get a new striker. Seriously our strikers are way too injury prone.......

while 98-Daschner in 3rd Liga is attracting attention even from 1BL (although more likely for their II, what's the point?). Better to play 3rd Liga this season than RL and reason for more interest is expiring 2020 contract, although club wants to renew.
    https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...-duisburg-diamant-daschner-63918478.bild.html

he's a player that it always felt to me, that was stupid how he barely got chances in 2BL even when he performed every time he did get playing time. Now in 3rd Liga he's finally getting real chances. Really shows how 2BL is old man league......

21. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are always complaining about that. Our strikers or young players are not more injury prone than young players in other countries. Injuries are part of sports. What you need is a big pool of talents so that injured talents can be easily 'replaced' by others.germany does not have that pool right now

22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not sure how stating facts is complaining??? If our players are injury prone they are injury prone. Sometimes I feel like this forum people take observations as complaining or criticism.

my point is that striker is a position with way too many injuries in Germany. Dude just look at the senior striker German pool of players. Last season in 1BL besides like 2-3 players every other German striker had numerous injury issues. Was a bad season due to all the injuries.

how many of our strikers got ruined by injuries???

guys like Seydel, Platte and Teuchert are injured every 2 seconds.

I've also seen plenty of people online who question how German strikers are always injured too. It's a pretty noticeable trend.

23. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If it is a trend I doubt it is a german trend. playing football on pro level simply is not healthy. Do you have statistics that german strikers are more injured than spanish,italian etc.? And why should they?

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't really follow the fitness of Italian or Spanish players. Spain is hard to figure too much false 9/fake strikers. League is also made up of plenty of foreign strikers. And Spanish strikers a lot of them are like mid20s-30+ years old. There is a reason why they poached Diego Costa from Brazil since they are struggling to dev strikers. Italy's seems to be dev some interesting new young strikers but still a lot of late 20s/30+ year olds. Something Germany and Italy have in common is that we overall tend to call up strikers when they are older to the senior NT, while other countries call up 18-20 year old to the senior NT.

But it is amazing how strikers like Kane/Lewa/Auba etc are pretty much always injury free even when they get fouled and tackled all the time.

truth is it's very hard for domestic players of top 4 in Europe to dev strikers when clubs buy. Leagues from Spain, England, Germany, Italy will struggle to real integrate domestic young strikers. It's why leaving to smaller leagues isn't a bad idea or going to a 2nd division Academy isn't a bad one either.

when looking at world, I see a ton of countries around the world desperate to dev new strikers. Everyone is scrambling and hoping their prospects pan out at the pro level. It's why the countries that can dev really deadly strikers could have the edge.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I do think it's interesting that Bierhoff has stated recently in the need to improve/upgrade striker training and to have striker specific training programs.

Maybe that is the Germany issue, training is outdated?