Attention Washington DC area VfB Stuttgart fans

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by stonesean, Nov 12, 2015.

1. stonesean

stonesean Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just putting some feelers out about an official club sanctioned VfB fanclub here in DC.

We'd need at least 11 registered members, and a designated address as the club "HQ".

"Official" status would include recognition from the club, (certificates and what not, one year VfB did a jersey with all the supporters clubs names sublimated on the shirt) some trinkets, I have a line on a few dozen "Official VfB Treffpunkt" beer steins and weizen glasses that can be distributed to members. Official status can also result in support from a local bar if we wanted to create a viewing location, etc.
    I've got a buddy back in Stuttgart who works for the club, and also happens to be president of a supporters group that can help us make that happen.

My wife and I make two. That leaves 9 more members needed for "official" status.

Anybody interested?

2. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I make 3. My wife isn't interested in VfB at all. :( I honestly don't know of any other VfB fans in this area, besides you. It'll be interesting to see if there are any other replies! I hope there will be. :thumbsup:

3. Lea Sophie

Lea Sophie New Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is this threat still current? I know it's like 2 years old, but did you found any other VfB fans in this area?:thumbsdown: I moved to Washington, DC last November and I really wanna know if there are any other VfB Stuttgart fans to hang out with and talk or celebrate our comingback to the 1st Bundesliga in May;):thumbsup:

Winoman repped this.
  4. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome, @Lea Sophie! Are you from Stuttgart? Sometimes this thread (as well as the entire Stuttgart Forum) can be pretty dead, but there are not as many Stuttgart fans in the US as there are Scheiss Bayern frontrunners. :D

AFAIK there are only two others in the DC area: @stonesean, and myself. If there are any others, here in the Washington DC Metro area lurking out there, please reveal yourselves! :)

Winoman

5. Lea Sophie

Lea Sophie New Member

Mar 9, 2017
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks @Winoman!! Yeah I am from Stuttgart;) haha I realized already there are many "Scheiß Bayern" Erfolgsfans or glory hunters in the US like everywhere:speechless::D

oh that's too bad! We should promote Stuttgart over here, that everyone loves them;):laugh:
    It's kind of tragic that I'm so far away from Stuttgart in this exciting time...:thumbsdown::barefoot::rolleyes:
    :)

Winoman repped this.
  6. Dennis 1893

Dennis 1893 New Member

VfB Stuttgart
    Germany
    Jul 2, 2017
    Hello everyone!

I created this Account just to be able to reply :D I am also German and love VfB Stuttgart.
    I might not be a member (yet), but I would love to meet up with some others fans in order to create a club or simply watch our team!

Winoman repped this.
  7. Winoman

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome @Dennis 1893 ! The more the merrier! :D

Perhaps we can all get together to watch the VfB/Hertha match, if it's not too early in the morning. :)

@Lea Sophie

@stonesean

8. Dennis 1893

Dennis 1893 New Member

VfB Stuttgart
    Germany
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sounds good! I would just like to meet people and watch VfB :)

Does anyone have the possibility to watch the games on the big TV? I can only watch them on my iPad...