Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Bad choice in Lillo. Atl Nacional deserves much better.

RafaLarios and pibe10 repped this.
  2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What bothers me the most is the fact that we were on our way to be one of the best teams in the continent. Yet instead of keep our best coach in the history, + the best president ever, we made them both to go.

3. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the negligence on this team administration should by punishable by jail

pibe10 and crzdcolombian repped this.
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What coach in the league was better? They could have gone with Alexis Mendoza. Player wise they got pretty good players they just haven't clicked yet. Fans wanted a foreign coach they got
    It.

5. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You have it backwards.. NO ONE wanted a foreign coach, we wanted Rueda to stay. Who wanted a foreing coach?, and even if that was remoely true, why Lillo, who has never won a championship on a first division side?.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea but Rueda wanted to leave. I mean don't we all want Victoria Secret models doesn't mean we will get them.

Yea Lillo was a werid choice. I think biggest mistake was getting rid of their president.

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Get your facts straight. Neither president de la Cuesta or Rueda wanted to leave, they were forced to leave. And this is what bothers the fans most.

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Things look better. We won Petrolera 0-4 when the team plays well, created lot's of chances but eventually scores 3 goals in the last 10 minutes. Nieto looks great under Lillo and Lucumi started to show his skills including a magnificent goal. Things still needs to improve, no doubt about that. Elustondo tries hard but so far, for me it's not a player for the level of Nacional. I really curios to see Lucena and Jackson Montaño though. Anyway and despite all, we have to give Lillo credit at least for the test results - so far 19 points out of 27, very good. Manage to achieve a better start than Osorio, but of course we count the money at the end of the tournament, not now.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Unfair to blame him if you guys aren't champion. Junior has a much much better roster but a crap coach. Last season you guys got dismantled but were still miles ahead of the best roster in the league now Santa Fe and Junior squads are very competitive. I like DIMs squad but their coaching choice was brain dead

10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are overreacting. Junior doesn't have a much much better roster, I don't think they have better roster than Nacional at all. Both teams are pretty much even. And I also don't think that Junior has a crap coach. Also, no one is going to blame him before we will see what the team is capable of.

pepinointer repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe Junior have the 2 best plyers of the league.......but agree not better than nacional at all.

@crzdcolombian Santa fe is having a good season with his coach......but his roster is very modest,

pibe10 repped this.
  12. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

:p kidding aside, he has improved, still a marginal player. Good result on sunday against a tootless opponent. I liked Lucumi and Gorka. I think he has the hustle but still need to integrate better with the team.

I still don't like lillo but i think he has shown improvements compared with the first few games of the season.

pibe10 and pepinointer repped this.
  13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Friendly game today. Red Bull arena 2-0 win over chivas

Sat in section 126. First half several drunk Colombians got into fisticuffs.

2nd half...several drunk Mexicans got into a fight amongst each other.

Something must have been in the water ;)

IMG_9252.JPG IMG_9276.JPG IMG_9303.JPG

RafaLarios, pibe10 and Azucarero repped this.
  14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You are so lucky!

It was a good match. We played mostly with our second string and played well. Aguilar, keeper Vargas and the kid Lucena were good. The Mexicans controlled in the first half, but we were better in the second. Now we'll have to improve our form in the league.

RafaLarios and Furnaccio repped this.
  15. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For a friendly the atmosphere was a lot of fun and the players were putting in a good effort.

Felipe Aguilar really impressed me. He had a great run that almost led to a goal.

Crowd was 50/50 Mexicans and Colombians.

pibe10 repped this.
  16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Really? From the TV it looks like the advantage was of the Mexicans in the crowd

17. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Felipe Aguilar is the boss.. I fear we might not be able to hold him a lot longer, just like with Davidson :'(

Patriotas eliminated us this week from contention in Copa Agila.. another dissapointment in the Lillo Era. At least he won against chivas, but to me says more about chivas than Nacional.

18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was pretty even; maybe 55/45 one way or another. Although on the train ride over, I was the only one in a green jersey amongst a train car with all mexicans lol.

pibe10 repped this.
  19. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree, it was a total disappointment although at the beginning of Rueda's era we lost to Junior :)
    I think that we'll have to judge him only at the end of the season, although I also don't like his way of coaching but I hope to eat my hat at the end.

RafaLarios repped this.
  20. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    it is bad to compare, but Junior overall is/was a better team than Patriotas... Ptriotas were 17th in the league at the time of the game for god's sake.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Patriotas almost elimiated corinthians ..........

patriotas inst so bad. overall have had a good presentation beside the league

pibe10 repped this.
  22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree with Pepino, they are much better than their results but I'm also aware that with our best lineup at home we must beat them. This way or another it's a failure.

23. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I saw the game live. at least in Medellín they didn't show anything that I would label good or very good. Our incompetence was our downfall, we forgot how to play a team who's parking the bus.

But again, nothing against Patriotas, I'm way more angry at our own futility and crappy play.

24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Another bad match, another win for us. Yesterday it was a great match for the neutral fans but not for us. Millos could easily go home with a win if they would play a bit smart but eventually it was us who escape with the victory in the last minunte. For some reason Lillo insists to continue with the 3 in the back (he switched after Bocanegra's injury) even though we continue to play worse under this formation. So far we are in a problem, since the team plays aweful but they still win. No sign to fire Lillo. :whistling:

RafaLarios repped this.
  25. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree, awful match, and it could have been a loss.. but somehow "San Borracho" saved our bacon again. I have to eat crow on Dayro. He has been the best player in Nacional since he came to the team (besides Armani) and I haven't seen any reports of drunkedness or lack of discipline.

Nieto is still bad (one goal is solely on him) but he is still on the starting lineup. It baffles me to no end.

Bocanegra's injury was sad.. he was the best player on the team until he had to come out.

pibe10 repped this.