Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I watched this joy online :D but no, something happens to you when you coach them. Quintabani, Osorio, Paez, all succeed outside Millos. It's unfair to expect Lillo to succeed there too. (relax all Millos fans, just humor :p)

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    As a coach paez only have won 3 titles.

One of them with millonarios. (his only international)

3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is a decent coach though. Don't want to get off topic, just weird that Millos failed with so many good coaches.

4. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow. I'm so disappointed seeing that from such an idol like JPA. The fans won't give him rest, I can promise you this.

6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

I listened to the whole thing and don't mind it so disparaging. Maybe the worst of it was that JPA's ideas gained momentum specifically while Rueda was recuperating and seemed to be undermining what Rueda had just accomplished but having many with drive and ambition within the club keeps everyone on their toes. I think JPAs timing was not adequate, specially after the club has won almost everything it competed for during Rueda's tenure despite having lost countless players every year and having to restart all over again.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1. La idea fue de Juan Pablo Angel, pero el no toma la decisión es el club.

2. El club tiene libertad para disponer de sus empleados.

3. Ningun tecnico o jugador son mas grande que el club. Es otro empleado que tambien debe aceptar las decisiones del club.

kromekote repped this.
  8. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea but they got rid of their Sporting director who did amazing things for them in Cuesta and the coach who made them
    Arguably the best team in South America in 2016 for a former club player...... seems weird. Fine Angel has Euro experience but not like he is Yepes, Luis Perea or Córdoba who was at the best clubs with top coaches.

Just head scratching move. Rueda wants to leave and was being offfered multiples of what he was making at Nacional by NTs and foreign clubs. Rueda goal is to be named the Colombian NT coach a week after the 2018 WC is over. Staying at Nacional at this point won't help that considering he won in the past 12 months the Copa lib, Sudamericana and the league title

9. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Es claro eso. El club es más importante que individualidades. Por eso es extraño que hayan ganado ideas de JPA.. cuando Rueda tenía el equipo cómo una máquina... Entiendo que los equipos cambien de ideas pero cuando no se está bien o se quiere estar mejor. Nacional había acabado de estar en el mundial de clubes... Es lo extraño de la decisión.. y sobretodo valorar más lo de JPA que Rueda y Cuesta... JPA no ha hecho nada (administrativamente).. que haga que hayan salido dos personas que si habían demostrado

pibe10 repped this.
  10. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El cargo de rueda como entrenador no establece que en sus funciiones tenga que decidir sobre el prepaaador físico del centro de alto rendimiento .

Que sea buen técnico y entrenador , no significa que su concepto deba oírse más en un tema del que non es responsable

11. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Entiendo.. pero rueda no es bobo tampoco, no puede salir quemando puentes que en algún momento tiene que volver a recorrer. Adicionalmente me extraña más la decisión directiva que la posición que tomo Rueda que para mí es perfectamente lógica.

pibe10 and kromekote repped this.
  12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Para mi Rueda sabe lo que pretende. Un hombre muy preparado. Como dijo en la entrevista radial, ofertas le sobran entonces quien sabe de verdad por que pasa al costado.

pibe10 repped this.
  13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Excuse me?! Rueda isn't entitle to decide who will be in his coaching staff?! hell yeah he can and should. All over the world in every sports, coaches choose their own men to work with. Same as assistant coaches. Of course that Rueda isn't the one who call the final shot, but it is under his authority to decide the CUERPO TECNICO. Not Angel or Botero and the fact that they decided to get rid from a successful coaching staff just because of their ego, shows that they are small people and I'm saying it with so much pain regarding Angel. But idiot Botero should've said to him it's Rueda's way or the highway, instead he chose the wrong way.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #2714 pepinointer, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Sampaoli isnt taking his friend lillo to argentina.......like he did in chile and in sevilla. and he isnt desisting the cg¡harge

Not is entitle, if it wasnt in agreement.

Angel should have argued reasons of the new guy that convinced not only botero, but the whole board.

If nacional have been a succesfull team and company, is because have high businnes standards. Isnt subordinate by the wish of one guy like the rest of the clubs in colombia.

15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Coaching staff is under the coach's authority if he wants, nothing new here. And if Sampaoli wanted, Lillo would have been in Argentina, just like Pekerman brought his staff to Colombia. I agree that Botero is the one to blame because he should back up Rueda 100% just like De La Cuesta would do. I'm just disappointed from Angel, to mess up in the most successful team Nacional and Colombia ever had. Rueda is a gentleman and took a step aside but from his answer you can tell that he wanted to continue. For Angel's sake Nacional better succeed, otherwise the results will be on him and the fans, who are furious in him, won't forget him this.

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not always depends a lot of in the structure of the club. Some coaches arrive with their staff in other places only arrive the coach, no matter his experience.

17. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    JPA is getting tore up on social media. Don't have one ounce of sympathy for the guy. And Rueda has been very open about the whole fiasco. Feel bad for him and has earned his stay. What a shame

18. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well, he is part of the problem. All we can do now is Hope that they can bring a lot of quality players so that Lillo doesn't have any excuses to fail.

pepinointer repped this.
  19. MiLo4891

MiLo4891 Member

May 14, 2007
    FLL
    Maybe he's lining up and taking time off to try to be the Selección Colombia coach after the World Cup.. I normally don't agree with going back to exes unless they've given you trophies but in this case I wouldn't be against finding out he was named as the new DT of Selección Colombia after the WC.

But if he coaches another country i think I'd feel salty. And he does coach a club I hope he gets a chance at a team like a Sevilla

20. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    ^ it't be cool to see him in europe. Don't know if it'll happen though.

Anyway, Lillo will be Nacional's new manager. Never thought i'd see him in Colombia again tbh but im curious to see how he'll do with a team like Nacional.

21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    21 year-old striker Gustavo Torres was bought for $1.2M from Quindio. Looks very talented, I remember him from the sub-17, but still needs to improve several things in his game. Besides that' he can be our next Marlos, it's not that we have better options in the flanks beside Ibarguen. He scored 13 goals in 22 matches for Quindio last semester.

@Baal88 something that you can tell about the other signing, defender Jackson Montaño from Quindio also?

22. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I liked the kid, he is still young and is great going forward, he is quite fast. Defensively he is decent and from the games I've seen from Quindio he was a competent crosser. Undoubtedly was one of the best options from the Torneo Aguila. Hopefully he doesn't struggle to adapt in Nacional, but if Bocanegra stays it will cost him his development. Hadier Borja played very well when given time as a right back, and Nacional should send him on loan so that he gets experience for the next year.

I think that these two signings were great for Nacional, they should have also kept Brayan Rovira, he will be a great midfielder that Nacional is wasting sending to Bucaramanga.

About Torres, I don't really know if he will be used as a striker or as Winger, because he's been rotating in both positions. He is physically prepared to play in any of them.

pibe10 and Doogs repped this.
  23. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Not really impressed with the Torres signing but maybe I'll think differently when I actually see him playing in Nacional

pepinointer repped this.
  24. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Torres seems to me very talented with potential and a lot, just still 'green'. He surely has what it takes to make it in Nacional but he also needs to improve his skills.

Thanks @Baal88 for the update about Montaño. I guess he is a RB. Bocanegra was awful last semester, I hope he'll stay and improve his form, but as you said, Borja played very well when he got the chances and if I'll take your recommendation on Jackson, I also think it'll be smart to loan him and then return him just like we did with Arley and Aguilar for example.

I also think that Rovira def would help us much more then Bernal, even Arias or Aldo when they played in the back, luckily Blanco showed great form in the second half of the tournament which was enough. I still like to see Rovira in Nacional though, I like this kid.

25. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I doubt Nacional will play too many young guys because they were the most successful Colombian team ever under Rueda. They have a new coach he will try to play it safe. No matter how he does he will get compared to Rueda. If he goes there and plays 6 u23 kids they play like Real Madrid but he doesn't win the league title and people will hitch