Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's 11 million for 50-70% of his transfer

Nacional wants 50 and the brazilians want 70. Meeting in the middle of the brazilians sending a bit more money seems very likely

2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Today will be the official uniforms presentation, they already were filtered and in my opinion they are UGLY :(

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The almost all green one is nice but They don't have any that are the classic design

4. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If that is the new jersey... well they droped the ball.. it is Hideous

5. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It is :(

[​IMG]

6. dirtysanchez

dirtysanchez Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nacional rumored to be interested in Reinaldo Lenis.

LINK

7. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    First half vs. Rionegro, Dayro already scored his first goal for Nacional. I have a feeling that he & Mac will be a great duo.

Azucarero repped this.
  8. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Good game overall against Rionegro... but a couple of bald spots:

- The team lacks the solid play of last year, too many idiot mistakes. I don't know if it is Redin's hands, or the new additions to the team.
    - Mosquera and Dajome are crap right now (more like compost). Nowhere near the level of Berrio/Ibargüen. Arley Rodriguez is really crappy too. If we don't update our forwards we will rely solelly on Dayro and that is a bad thing.
    - Aldo played too little time to evaluate him.

I still think our losses where too great against the new players... we lost in the overall scheme.

9. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I partly agree. Dayro and Aldo are excellent reinforcements and Borja should've stay according the plan. Mosquera was decent last semester and Dajome actually improved a bit. Don't forget that Ibarguen still needs to return. We brought back Ruiz who is also decent player. So basically only with Borja we screwed although I agree that 2016 team was stronger. But even if everyone would stay it wouldn't promise us another Libertadores.

This squad should easily be favorite to win the league and I also gamble that we will reach at least to the qf of the Copa. But it's not going to be easy. I think that this year the competition will be harder but our advantage is that our base stayed. For conclusion, let's wait and see. I'm counting on de la Cuesta in 1000%.

10. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

you guys really got peeled apart, more so than past years --even after you lost Mejia, Cardona and Mcnelly couple years back, I was like, this team is done. But somehow, someway, you guys rebuild and have a great knack for getting the most out of your players.

The biggest loss you face is not having Rueda. Redin will do an ok job, has done so far, but he's not Rueda.
    Dajome is as carroloco as they come!

Trying to think of your biggest players in the past 6 months or so that left? I mean that list is crazy good:
    -Borja
    -Seba
    -Berrios
    -Lobo
    -Davinson
    -Marlos

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    the bad part is that their replacements this times are getting old...

12. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    that's a good point. I don't see this as the final roster for their entire year though...surely may just be enough to get them thru these first 6 months--- but being one of the top clubs with big money they can also attract the best talent within the country. So i think they're waiting to see who shines from my mechita this year :cool:---:mad:

One other thing I don't see this year is that they're not very deep in their bench. As someone mentioned, they will be very dependent on Dayro --although to be fair, why wouldnt you be...when he's on fire, he's one of the top Colombian players of any league....while he's had a successful career, I'm disappointed he never had a chance to go back to Europe.

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But we didn't lose Rueda. He will recover and return in the near weeks.

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thought they said 6 months?

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no.

it was around 3 months and now he is recovering well so he he is turning back early

crzdcolombian and pibe10 repped this.
  16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dayro seleccion? ;)
    4 goals in 5 matches, great form so far. We don't show tje whole potential, we had several injuries but still it looks good a week before the Copa Libertadores starts. Now I'm really looking forward to the game tomorrow vs. America after 5 years.

17. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    are they showing this game on TV in the US?

18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    nope

im watching on youtube

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Set pieces and counters are the mortal enemies of Colombian futbol.

Anyway, I was pessimistic about this match. Nacional seems to struggle in Exuador. I can't remember the last time they won a match there.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dayro should be punished. I didn't like his behavior against the Ecuadorian player.

As for the game, I think a draw would be much more deserve. Barcelona was much better in the first half, I was disappointed that after our goal we stopped to play. Barcelona could've score much more goals in this half. In the second half we were the better team and had several chances to equalised but we missed them. It was a tough match, I believe that we'll improve in the next game.

22. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    /Begin Rant

It was a terrible match in my eyes...

Our goal was a fluke, we were playing BADLY, and Rueda went out with a really bad team and formation. No control of the ball, and no rush, we were badly outplayed in the first half. Dayro's play was really bad, and the fact he said what was posted in pepinointer's video was horrendous. I have to say I was expecting this behaviour from him, it took him some games to show that.

In my opinion, Dayro should be scolded badly, that is not how a Professional player should behave. Ok, Barcelona were faking injuries in the second half, but you have to be the better team/player!.

Besides all of that.,.. what the ******** are we still playing Mosquera and Najera. They are CRAP, really. I think Rueda and Redin have some interest in selling Mosquera, there is no other reason. Bernal is no longer at an international level either and Arias still has a lot to learn.

We played better when Aldo and Ibargüen entered the game. Aldo is old and Ibargüen is not the last coke in the dessert, but they are definitely better than the others. I really hope we improve in the next few games, otherwise it will be a bloodbath.

Since last year we lost Perez, Sanchez, Berrio, Guerra, Mejia, Moreno, and Borja. The people we brought are nowhere near their level when they played for us. This is not the same team, and it shows, badly. Dayro is the only "top level" player we brought and I don't think he is a real replacement for Berrio and/or Borja.

/End Rant

pepinointer repped this.
  23. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    THIS

RafaLarios repped this.
  24. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How is Ibarguen not starting? That should be a no brainer. Overall the team chemistry is extremely poor and a shadow of itself from what the team was for the last copa. I was highly suspicious of the replacements that came in for the new season and looks like my gut was right. Will be surprised to see the team get out of the group but I still hope I am wrong.

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We're going to have 18 matches in two months!! crazy! Next title matches will be the recopa vs. Chapeco at April 4th (Brazil) and May 10 (Colombia).