Atletico Nacional

Discussion in 'Colombia: Clubs' started by pibe10, Jul 1, 2012.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was from a joke site for some reason it didn't post the twitter link from my phone.

2. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]

Looking forward to our new uniform

3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    What do you guys think of the Juve rumors? Think Armani is too old and they will want a young keeper. Buffon prob wants one more WC. Also didn't they sign Fiorentinas starting goalie 2 seasons ago as Buffons heir seems like a weird rumor.

4. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Never heard of that Rumor... but last night Cuesta tweeted that the book of transfers was closed for Nacional.. their goal was to retain most players and they did it

5. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rumor is that it's Juventus that want him for next season. His rep says it's a big Italian team that want him. Although I don't believe it's Juventus.

pepinointer repped this.
  6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so anyone know about Mariano Vasquez and Oscar Franco? I can only assume they were signed for depth but at the same time they are both foreigners and Nacional have Armani, Miller, Rescaldani and now Franco, Vasquez which is 5. At least one needs to leave. Also, are these two any good? I've never seen them play.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i hace heard that Franco will continúe with fortaleza

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is going to be fun to see this team again in the Libertadores.
    Even if the new guys are old and injury prone, they will get plenty of rest since they will not have to play many League matches.

I just worry about the defense and facing teams that know how to bunker and counter. But I am always concerned about those anti-futbol type of clubs.

9. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

biggest worry for Atl Nacional supporters should be what type of impact will Rueda's absence be in these 3 months. Even though Redin has been next to Rueda during his success and in theory shouldn't change much, there's obviously a difference between the 2.

10. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm quite worried really.. I did not like the way he coached the team on our semifinal against santa fe. They were kids I know.. but there were some fundamentals laking there

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ese no fue el unico partido que el dirigio, en los que estuvo la nomina completa creo que obtuvo buenos resultados

pibe10 repped this.
  12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he almost won the league with reserves.... think he deserves a shot

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He didn't coach the whole semester, only several games. And I'm agree with @pepinointer . Redin proved that with a decent squad he can coach the team and his co-op with Rueda is great. Rueda will be ready for the start of the Libertadores and I have full confidence in Redin's ability. Until March we also have our strongest squad to play with, I belive it'll be OK.

14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Chapecoense wants to give their spot at the Suruga cup to Nacional as a gesture. Very nice of them.

RafaLarios and pepinointer repped this.
  15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Latest news: Carlos Carbonero may join the team. Redin confirmed. Should take Berrio's spot and will be a very good reinforcement.

16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Carbonero's a top player as well when on form. Would be a brilliant signing.

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Would be brilliant indeed. And if he can stay healthy it may be good for both Nacional and his exposure for the Seleccion again if he is successful.
    I think it has been proven time and time again over the last few years if you play well for Nacional you will be called into a National team camp by Pekerman. :p

18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Now the main issue is if Borja will stay or will sign in Palmeiras. Nacional wants $11M for 50% of his card, the Brazilians want for 70%. Marulanda said that right now he won't go. I also read that another option if Borja will leave then Nacional may loan Roger Martinez but I doubt since he's the best player of his Chinese team. I believe that Borja will stay eventually.

19. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Rogers not interested in returning that second rumor is fake. I think Palmeiras don't want to pay everything Nacional are asking for. I don't think it will happen unless Nacional lower their asking price.

20. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'm loving that Nacional aren't low balling themselves. If these Mexican teams are asking as much as they are why not us. Colombian teams need to take notice on doing business

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yea but no one is buying from the Mexicans.

22 million for a non eu player is a shit ton of money. Also doesn't come from a histoical soccer country.

70% for 11 million is the $15 million they wanted. Just take it so the kid doesn't loose motivation. Plus his last 2 NT preformances make it seem like he is still pretty green. He is 23 not 17/18. Has potential but 1 amazing season after 4 not so good ones. Not shitting on him but Nacional should take the money and run

22. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't agree crzd. Nacional is not a club who needs the money, otherwise he would be sold already. We are in a point that we want to dominate the continent and with Borja we have a great chance to do it. If we sell him it'll be very hard to find another striker in his caliber ane with the chemistry he already has. So I'm glad that for a change a Colombian club is thinking about the fans who want success and not on their bank account.

Doogs and Azucarero repped this.
  23. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ademas al parece Borja tampoco tiene apuro en irse, quiere su revancha en Italia y mas temprano que tarde le saldrá una posiblidad de volver

24. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    seems his move to Palmeiras is close according to Borja himself. Wonder what the final transfer fee will be

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Too bad. It'll be very hard to replace him. If we'll manage to bring Carbonero then I would go with Dayro as a '9', while Ibarguen and Carbonero on the flanks.