Atlanta Chiefs

Discussion in 'Terminus Legion' started by Pineapplejoe, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Pineapplejoe

Pineapplejoe New Member

May 15, 2006
    GA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the recent practice of naming MLS teams after their former NASL clubs, the MLS Atlanta team should be named the Chiefs.
    First of all political correctness must DIE!!! As for the Washington Redskins, the name was selected in reference to their strength, power and bravery as warriors. No one wants a team named the flowers, bunnies, gum drops, or pussy willows. No one should be ashamed to be selected as a mascot for a sports team. Recognizing the color of skin is just a statement of fact, nothing derogatory. And as far as I know, there hasn't been a single complaint filed by an indian group, only the weak, liberal left media who wants to follow a marxist ideologue.
    Secondly, the first professional sports championship wasn't won by the Atlanta Braves (ooooh! Look out you pc pussies!), it was won by the Atlanta Chiefs. Kaizer Montaung, after finishing his playing career with the Atlanta team, returned to his native South Africa and founded the Kaizer Chiefs FC and modelled the logo after Atlanta's. KCFC is now the most successful team in South Africa. If you want to have an MLS team in Atlanta with some heritage and history then you've got it right there! You shouldn't try to erase your history like it didn't happen. You should be proud of it. I am! Go Atlanta Chiefs!

2. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go Atlanta Empire
    Go Atlanta Legion
    Go Atlanta Locomotive

3. Pineapplejoe

Pineapplejoe New Member

May 15, 2006
    GA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    When will we have some idea? Will it be 2017 ?

5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe since the Chiefs (the name) are now in South Africa, call the team the Zulu warriors.

I mean fvck PC right.

[​IMG]

6. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    They should be called Shaka Zulu S.C.

7. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    [​IMG]

Final score: Common Sense 1, Politically Incorrect BS nill. :p:D

8. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WE ARE LEGION....

As for the Chiefs name, had they still been a team, in NASL, or other and moved up to MLS, like Orlando, Seattle, Portland, etc. I would be fine with it.
    The logo mascot could easily have been changed to a Scottish Highland Chief, to not offend the PC puttycats. Which there were a lot of Scots who settled in Georgia in its early days.