Atlético Madrid vs Real Madrid | La Liga J.12 | 18.11.2017 | 20:45 CEST [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Raul_Madrid, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Unfortunately he doesn't have any tools to respond with - Ronaldo is woefully out of form, Benzema is Benzema, Bale is perpetually injured. Mayoral, Lucas , you seriously believe they can be the focal point or even rescue matches ?

From having one of the most stacked up bench to really nothing right now, sad how things have changed so quickly and at the beginning of the season after thrashing Barca so badly, things were looking so rosy.

This was expected, somewhere Ronaldo will finally stop being the goal machine he used to be, and when that happens, what is happening right now is on expected lines.

Digital, Lyra, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  2. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Ronaldo and Benz are doing the same things in the box and often right on top of each other, if even one of them make a run and pulled a defender it'd make a difference. I'm honestly at a loss for how this goes on game after game. I rewatched part of the game and came to the same conclusion as real time, the decision making by those two is just really bad at this point.

3. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Hahahahahhahhahahaha - Just how wrong you were. ;):):D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:cry:

Halycon repped this.
  4. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane has to show some balls now and make decision that will affect our future, starting in the summer. Get rid of benzema and Ronaldo and start a fresh attack. Man if for example Pep was here whole BBC would have seen the backdoor last summer, look how he benched Agüero, a player with a lot of credit for Jesus, wouldn't happened here, Agüero would have played till his 36 like Ronalo affecting the team. Zidane needs to step in

Edino Edinho repped this.
  5. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Worst period in recent Madrid history was when we signed David Beckham and went 3 seasons without a single trophy and the scars of that time still exists with us today.

The major issue was nepotism. I remember there was a game (or more) where we played Raul as a right midfielder just to fit him and others in the team.

The 2014 Champions League win had our most balanced and productive team and I think it's no coincidence that was the time we won the damn thing in how many years and almost done the treble.

Benzema and Bale are beyond salvageable and even Ronaldo needs a close eye to be kept on him. Fix it January or I see this being a difficult hole to climb out of, being the most competitive transfer market ever in football and our name not carrying even near as much weight as it did just a few years ago.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I cant wrap my head around is that in other sports, and other leagues the champs, stars, GOATS, whatever, they get "the benefit of the doubt" and referees consciously "protect" them from would be hacks.

These guys were without a doubt trying to injure our players and the ref, which is very different from the diving, time wasting, shit talking etc.

The refs know this to be the case and instead of being more liberal with handing out cards he looks afraid to even blow the whistle.

natenate101 repped this.
  7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Freaking Paulinho has more goals than our front line ffs
    Toothless attack at its best

8. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    And add to that complete lack of pace. Both Benzema and Ronaldo could have been 1 on 1 with the keeper if they had average speed, but these guys have become so incredibly slow it's painful to watch.

That is a huge issue for this team because we have no counter attack unless it's played to perfection with few players and passes in between.
    We also can't play balls behind the defence because those are always borderline which means the defenders will be on it before any one of those two.

Looking at contract situations of BBC, this team is screwed for next season if these guys don't start performing.

9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane doesn't have the balls to make changes.
    There will be no winter signing as he and Perez will just wait for bale to recover, (still) thinking that the BBC is the right path.
    I've wrote that zidane will survive this (maybe) trophyless season on the count of the last 2 seasons, but I have a feeling Perez will use him as a scapegoat come the summer (and in truce Perez as much to blame here as zidane).

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Might as well have written "i don't know sh*t" and spared yourself the time to write all this.

AriGold repped this.
  11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I feel some personal tone here...
    Truth hurts, doesn't it?

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    First of all, why would there be a winter signing? The last big winter signing the club made with Perez as the president was Cassano and that was a complete disaster. I see a lot of people suggesting Sanchez but that's basically a disaster waiting to happen.

I'd rather gamble on Borja Mayoral right now than hand somebody a retirement contract.

13. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I just want to see where zidane fits borja, who will he bench and most importantly, does he have the balls to bench anyone - and the answer is clearly no.
    I'm perfectly fine with zidane betting on borja, or on any of of our youth products, for the remainder of the season on the account of *any* player from the BBC.
    We all know, that in a parallel universe where Morata is still a bench player in real Madrid, he will still not start ahead of any player from the BBC.

Edino Edinho repped this.
  14. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Question, I had a discussion with a friend of mine, he thought the foul on Ramos that caused the bleeding, was NOT a PK. I think it was, but very hard for the ref to see, my reason is , Ramos head was above the defender head, Defender boots were above his own waist, this is high boot and dangerous play, I think this is a PK.
    He argued this was a fair challenge by both players. What do you guys think? (UNBIASED OPINION PLEASE)

15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    At one point Ronaldo decided to play Benzema a no look pass rather than simply play him thru. Benzema was beat to the ball badly because of how poor the pass was.

I've spent more time on Benzema because Ronaldo looks like he's trying out there but it's perfectly reasonable to critique Ronaldo's positioning and over complicated play at times.

Digital repped this.
  16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm in between, so I can see why the ref didn't whistle it somewhat. I don't remember the height specifically but I think it's on the border of Ramos heading too low, so the defender can try to kick the ball.

Raul_Madrid repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup saw that, not good, also, quit slowing down the movement of the ball with those stand in place stepovers, trying to dribble, they mostly result in nothing other than giving the opposition players time to get back into position in defence thus making it harder for us to get past the brick walls they line up, or a turnover

temesgen repped this.
  18. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't know what people want Zidane to. I mean does anyone really think that Lucas or Mayoral are going to solve our problems?

This was a collective bottling by our management off the pitch. There aren't any changes that can be made that will truly elevate us.

The midfield has largely been fine through this lean period. The defense is about as good as we were for the last 1.5 years.

For as bad as Benzema is Ronaldo is just as bad. He's proved me wrong before and I'm sure he will again but I just don't think we can rely on him anymore. He's an integral part to the team but I think it's completely unwise to go into the season thinking he can carry the offensive load for 9 months.

The season is about over. The league is where we need to regain our form. Concentrate on the Copa and CL. Don't over exert this thin squad.

As far as the Ramos nose break by definition it's dangerous play by Sergio. The ball was barely above hip height but as a referee I'd have to call the foul on the Atelti player. It's no different than any other mistimed challenge. The ball is there to be one and the Atleti player failed. Clear penalty, but I'm sure some will argue that the dangerous play would supercede that decision.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There were so many fouls that had it been the other way around, and Sergio Ramos had done them, would've been instant red cards. This referee was definitely favoring Atletico. There were many clear penalties that were also not called. I'm actually proud that the defense stood resolute against these savages, but let's be honest here. Atletico wasn't good enough to threaten us.

What's worse is that there's a lot of inconsistency coming from the Spanish referees. I can't WAIT for video review to finally be implemented in La Liga, because the number of mistakes would be cut down, and they'd have less excuse to make these BULLSH*T calls. There were so many calls early in the season that went against Real Madrid, that I'm starting to think that there's something going on with the Referees organization in Spain. What's messed up is that most of the top leagues in Europe and even the MLS has picked this up. So I was FINALLY relieved to hear these d-bags are finally picking up video assistant refs for next season.
    http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-prime...video-assistant-referees-for-2018-19-campaign

But for now, we're just gonna have to suck it up and deal with these ridiculous refereeing situations.

Mind you, I'm not blaming them for our crisis. We brought that upon ourselves. I'm talking about the seemingly disproportionate number of calls going against us. It's just not making sense to me anymore. It's happening a lot more than I remember.

20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    http://www.espnfc.us/club/real-madr...l-madrids-scoreless-draw-with-atletico-madrid
    How can we be mad that Mbappe wasn't signed? or that Morata left? I think about those things myself but from their perspective it perfectly makes sense. It's not worth coming to Real Madrid while Benzema's daddy runs the show.

temesgen repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Mayoral never was or is a solution. The dude didn't even crack Wolfsburg.

Eddie and Anon. repped this.
  22. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When the dude who couldn't even crack Wolfsburg has the same amount of goals as you in 1/5 the minutes then i doubt anyone would complain about us giving him a few starts.

Hell at this point I'd take playing Ramos as striker over Benz at least he'll be up to head our endless crosses.

saadomar and Oscar repped this.
  23. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I dont think anyone suggesting Mayoral to lead Real attack! The point is, when a player is guaranteed starting position regardless of performance, they lose motivation to improve, to do well, not only that , but it also causes others who want to do well in order to get above this player to leave as they see no way of starting ahead of this guy. THIS IS THE PROBLEM, and this is how Benzema is hurting us ...

Edino Edinho and Digital repped this.
  24. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Mayoral challenging Benzema?

ahaha

He can't even polish Benzema's boots. Which is one of our main problems. A striker who couldn't even get minutes at Wolsburg is our main opt-in on the bench to score goals.

This according to Florentino Perez, couldn't be improved. After all we have the best roster which there wasn't any room for quality additions.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That speaks to the form of the starters, not the quality or readiness of Mayoral. Giving him a few start and proving that he is not ready for this stage is going to do no one any good.