Atlético Madrid vs Real Madrid [Copa del Rey; Semi Final; 11/02/2014] 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    #1 -Fifth CharM-, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
    Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014
    Copa del Rey Quarterfinals - 2nd Leg
    Match Time
    : 21:00 CET, 12pm PST, 3pm EST
    Venue: Vicente Calderón

[​IMG]
    Capacity: 54,960 patheticos.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournament: Copa Del Rey
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expected Line-ups:

Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Xabi, Modric, Di Maria; Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale

Bench: Lopez, Coentrao, Pepe, Arbeloa, Illarra, Isco, Jesé, Morata

Atletico Madrid: Aranzubia; Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Insua; M. Suarez, Gabi; Arda, Diego, Sosa; R. Garcia

Aimar 21, sleepyvato50, Chinky24 and 7 others repped this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LOL :D.

RMSocrates, Chinky24 and temesgen repped this.
  3. demo_g

demo_g Member+

Jan 13, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata, Nacho, Illaramendi, Casemiro and Isco should start this game. This is one of the few remaining games in which they can get some playing time. If we don't trust them to defend a three goal lead then we might as well sell them all.
    If Carlo starts with his usual lineup and one of the starters get's injured or gets a red card we should fire him (Ok not really, but I will definetely blame him)

4x4s repped this.
  4. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it would be just insane if Modrič will start.. varane,isco, illara should start with no doubt.

5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so glad we get a crack at them in the calderon before we have to play them there again in the more important game for the Liga

6. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am going to assume both teams will rest their starters...

This is going to be a free pass.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You know this isn't Bundesliga.... right? We have to actually make an effort to win games in our league.

8. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ATL Madrid players looked gassed, they've had the same 11 guys pretty much play every game since day one..

Diego has a chance to make a real run for the title, starting with 3 pts on the weekend.. Why risk declining now over a dead rubber game???

The tie was lost on the 1st leg...

9. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Hilarious :D

madridismo and Chinky24 repped this.
  10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This means a lot more to Atletico than it means to us. After losing 2, they can't afford to lose this one, for their morale more than anything. They'll be up for this one.

Don't expect wholesale changes from us. You'll see the cup FBs slot in, Varane and Illarra get the start. Jese would probably slot in for Benzema.

RMSocrates, Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  11. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They are already missing Costa, Villa, Courtois, Tiago and Filipe Luis. I'm not really sure they have the squad to make wholesale changes.

12. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Villa, Costa, Filipe, and Courtois(?) are all out due to suspension or injury. But Simeone will still field a strong side with what he has left to work with because they need mental boost like @Zidane05 said, they need a good showing no matter what. If Ancelotti starts Di Maria and Modric it will definitely be a head scratcher though.

Also Simeone's comments and thinly veiled shot at us appealing Ronaldo's suspension have ab fab, the man is slowly unraveling and the butthurt is starting to seep through :D

13. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I can see Xabi starting as he played only a small cameo in the game against Villarreal.

Would be nice to see Illarra and Isco start ahead of Di Maria and Modric in the other CM spots though.

Also considering Pepe's form at the moment I would rest him for Varane and if we manage to be a goal or two up at HT then sub off Ramos as well and hope that he has not got carded.

It would be nice to see Benz get a rest as well, but maybe that is too many changes?

14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably most importantly: Varane AND Nacho should start.

Pepe and Ramos are both one booking away from missing a final match against Barca

I know many in here don't care much for the CDR, but the final is against Barca... We need to play like its CL football.

Let Pepe and Ramos sit this one out

15. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Ancelotti said only one will be rested for this game

16. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012

Never going to happen. It's going to be like last season, but they just might hold on for a few weeks longer. By the end of march they are out of that contest.

Dhajj repped this.
  17. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    An early goal. Not saying I'm worried, but an early goal would be nice.

temesgen repped this.
  18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    as @nate101 says "just win baby!".

natenate101 repped this.
  19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Classic.

madridismo, sleepyvato50 and temesgen repped this.
  20. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Looks important to me after seeing to huge celebration when they won it last.

21. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Any thoughts on our starting lineup? Casemiro seems pretty amped but AC said prior to this weekends game he was available so I'm wondering if there is an injury or personal issue. Who starts, who is on the bench for this one?

Edit:

I'm guessing Bale starts on the bench, so Jese probably makes the lineup. Benz probably gets rested too, so perhaps we'll see Isco tried again as a false 9. Possibly Varane for Pepe?

22. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Real Madrid: Casillas, Varane, Ramos, Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Xabi Alonso, Carvajal, Arbeloa, Modric, Isco e Illarra.

Modric starts yet another game.

Di Maria and Jese is rested.

23. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Hoy jugamos con Casillas, Varane, Ramos, Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Xabi Alonso, Carvajal, Arbeloa, Modric, Isco e Illarra

Pepe, Benzema, Di Maria and Jese all rested

My guess is if we are up at HT, Ramos and Modric will both come off as well.

24. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    I guess we're trying to win that midfield.

25. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    quite good start. hope modrič will be rested after 60 minutes more or less. :) let's go and kick some asses tonight!