At last: The welcome Luka Modric Thread.

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by 4x4s, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Luka Modric is a RM player, what do you think?

Poll closed Sep 6, 2012.
  1. Just what we needed!!!

58.1%
  2. He'll be ok, but i don't think he'll be a massive improvement to our squad.

37.1%
  3. He's not good enough, i am dissapointed.

4.8%
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Needs some rest yesterday. The team improved so much once he was off, really needs to hit the bench for Las Palmas on the weekend.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  2. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kovačič huge miss at this moment.. he would be perfect player to bring energy. Cause Lukita seems just way off.

3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Don’t understand why we can see he needs rest and is playing poorly but Zidane can’t? We have Ceballos who can play in his position. Yet Zidane does nothing.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair his drop in form has become slowly more visible after the international break. For me the Girona match was the mistake. If he would have been out of that, he would have surely been quicker and better today.

Doni, natenate101 and Shay Z repped this.
  5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Totally agree with you. Ceballos played and dominated Liga teams last season with an inferior team behind him. He should be getting chances in the league when we desperately need something to spark us.

-Reivax- and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Zidane follows the Carlo school of thought. I think he knows benching a star is a move that can easily back fire and make a small mess a full out war. It's something he has to tread carefully.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    THe #10 is not working out for Modric :/

8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    No I get that. He has to be careful just like any manager would. But his strong suit, just like Carlo's is man management.

I don't think Modric should be benched per se. Rest him. He'll understand. Keep him fresh for the big games. You have options. The only player who seriously needs to be benched proper is Marcelo. Thankfully we have a good backup so whats taking Zidane so long. There was rumor that Marcelo felt so out of it that he didn't want to play the Girona game and then wanted to come off after 20mins. Perfect chance to "rest" him.

9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sad to see him like that. He needs a rest.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Which is why we should celebrate these contract renovations which should make life easier on Zidane

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Seems like age is starting to catch up. Even Xavi started declining around this age and Modric does a lot more defensive work. Just hope we make the transition smoothly and doesn't lose Kovacic before that. Learn something from Morata situation.

12. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Ye he's getting older and the legs have a lot of mileage but he is still great. Modric was awesome for Croatia in the international break but i really do think thats taken a lot out of him. Getting to Russia is very important to Luka as he knows it's probably his last chance to shine at an international tournament. Luka needs to be rested more as like you said the defensive work he puts in takes a toll on the body especially at his age. Luka if he is handled properly probably has 2 good more years of top class football.

Shay Z and natenate101 repped this.
  13. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Luka is fine... just give him a mini holiday. Probably just needs some "mental rest".....Our squad has had a huge past couple of years. A little slump is normal.

Digital, Shay Z and natenate101 repped this.
  14. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Before injury Kovacic was great. If we have that Kovacic we won't need to worry about Modric's form.

4x4s repped this.
  15. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Once again Luka Modric showing why he's the best midfielder in the world. Ridiculous passes today.

16. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was godly today. Just not enough movement in our current forward.

17. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    I think he'll be back to his own self from next week. We just need to finish this off on Sunday.

There was a lot of pressure on him lately in Croatia. He was made captain and in a ridiculously easy group everything fell apart in the end and we didn't manage to go through directly. Then the court case and a collective hate from people in Croatia. It's a big burden to carry even for a guy who is mentally solid as a rock.

18. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Congatulations to Luka. The whole world gets to see the best midfielder on the world on the biggest stage one more time. Hopefully he can lead Croatia to another run like in 1998.

19. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lyra repped this.
  20. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow last post November. After 3 weeks of injury the master once again returned.

972597371455594496 is not a valid tweet id

pfft still the best midfielder in the world.

21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Lukita might be my favourite midfielder of all time, he’s genuinely phenomenal and extremely fun to watch.

22. JogaBonito983

JogaBonito983 New Member

Real Madrid
    Mar 16, 2018
    Luka has a trouble with muscle again and is doubtful for the match against Girona.

23. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who cares, let him rest. As long he is fit for Juve. Let Kova/Ceballos play Liga.

Excape Goat, S1na, yoanaidarov and 2 others repped this.
  24. MadridUSA

MadridUSA Member

Dec 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unbelievable performance last night by Luka.

Honestly, since everyone’s talking about him at the moment, was Iniesta any better than Modric is? Certainly, he couldn’t play the type of two-way game Luka did last night.

Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  25. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    What a player. Work rate class on the ball unbelievable footballing brain just a joy to watch Luka play football.

Shay Z, Saeta Rubia, Doni and 1 other person repped this.