Asood Al Rafidayn Thread 2017 edition (R)

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Birdman79

Birdman79 Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #101 Birdman79, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    Radhi was no better than the corrupt IFA.He too took advantage of the situation,and bled the system.He should've resigned if he had any honor but he doesn't,just like the rest of those degenerate higher up.

Edit:We don't have to see Alaa Abdul Zahra start anymore .

Kroosinator and Iraqilambo repped this.
  2. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Apparently Kamil Zughayir is out too. About time. That guy has done nothing but hurt the national team.

Fans can't accept this as a solution to our problems, the entire fanbase needs to continue to call for the FA to be held accountable for their corruption.

Keeping Radhi was not a solution, and simply sacking him does nothing either.

Next step needs to be reorganization of the FA, bringing knowledgeable people who know how to set and achieve goals, and finally, we need a skilled coach to build a long term plan for this team.

My hope is that Younis Mahmoud is able to win the IFA elections. I trust him more than the scum in the FA right now.

3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Nothing will change unless this FA is brought down and guys like Younis Mahmoud, Ahmed Radhi and Nashat will take over.

We already had 20 coaches since 2004, nobody can tell me that they were all wrong and the FA were right. It's clear where the problem lies.

Iraqipower, Birdman79 and Iraqilambo repped this.
  4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Apparently the FA will meet Marcos Paqueta in Dubai to negotiate. He is regarded as a weak personality.. God help us

Iraqipower and Iraqilambo repped this.
  5. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He's an average coach. He would be Petrovic 2.0

6. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nashat Akram and Hawar want Walter Zenga to be the new national team coach.

Long history of success as a player, professional, good record as a coach even though he's had bad spells with certain teams.

I'd take him personally. I think a guy like him commands respect and both Nashat and Hawar are saying he has a strong personality which is exactly what we need.

We need somebody with a big reputation to have the respect of the players, a strong personality to deal with the FA and the tactical skill to get the most out of our players.

Iraqipower repped this.
  7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I don't know if he's the man we need. He is sacked from almost every team he coached, and apart from that I don't think he can do much in these circumstances.

We have to pick a decent coach with good CV, and sign him until the Asian Cup and beyond (if he does well).

8. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He spent alot of time in gulf leagues and in those leagues managers get sacked all the time. He did well in Serie A, and overall it's a decent record. Hasn't won much though and he does move around alot, so I agree, it's fair to be skeptical.

The thing is that the two main options at this point are Paqueta and Zenga.If those are the choices, I'll take Zenga. Another coach I'd consider is Viera. Weak CV, but he knows Iraqi football, he knows how the FA works, he knows that league and players.

There's talk of Sabella, Schuster, Klinsmann, Rijkaard, Ranieri, but thats most likely nothing but rumours and it's extremely unlikely we get any of those coaches.

9. Rol9

Rol9 New Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Apr 16, 2017
    #109 Rol9, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    did i read right? Walter Zenga did well in Serie A, where? He's he aknown failure in Italy that is why he left for Romania and his last job he failed in the second divizie in England. He's a coach that travels from team to team and out of his 15 teams only had success at two!!!!!

26 wins from 78 Serie A matches and this is success?

Your being fooled, Zenga and the rest of these managers are just willing to coach iraqi team on the cheap

10. Rol9

Rol9 New Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Apr 16, 2017
    agree with the rest but with Zenga i do not think irak team will improve and he will leave after a year

11. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He was ok with Catania. He never coached any strong teams so it's normal if his win rate is low.

The problem for us is that our FA doesn't want to spend on any good coaches. The FA wants guys like Zenga or Paqueta because, like you say, they are cheap.

Zenga isn't a great coach, but he's better than any Iraqi coach, and with the current situation, it's hard for us to attract someone better. We need someone like Zaccheroni for example, but those coaches want more money, more assurances, and will refuse to have the FA involve themselves, so we can't hire them.

12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Lambo, you are right that tactically we don't have good coaches in Iraq, but with this FA you need a coach that knows the ins and outs of Iraqi football. Shnaishel was the right man at the right place. He knew the league, the players, and he was dedicated to his job.

Foreigner or local it won't make any difference in our situation. Even if you bring Ranieri or Sabella, he would get fed up with this federation and resign. That's why I was so sad when they sacked Shnaishel. That day we lost our hope for stability in this team. Back to square one.

13. Rol9

Rol9 New Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Apr 16, 2017
    Zenga at Palermo and Samp was a disaster and his last job iwith Wolverhampton Wanderers he was sacked after 14 matches with the club 18th in the Championship failure after failure

and is a myth he had success in the Middle East what titles he won ? nothing hes average and you see results of his team they win nothing Rumania, Turkiye, Italy, UAE, Saudi Arabia and England.

fans only want a foreign coach because its the fashion

14. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    What's the use of knowing about Iraqi football, if you are useless tactically and are constantly having problems with players? Radhi needed to go. With him we will be stable as a weak team in asia. No chance in hell we'd achieve anything with him.

The replacement must be the right one though. The key is that we don't replace him with a yes-man for the FA or another Iraqi coach.

We have to see how things will unfold with this FA. If there is some more change, and a decent foreign coach is hired, we have a chance. If everything stays as it is, then you are right and no matter who we hire, it won't make a difference.

15. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You're right that he has almost no achievements, and an average coach, but trust me, he's better than any Iraqi coach. We need a foreign coach, but it has to be the right one and he needs to stay long term.

If it's Zenga vs Paqueta, I take Zenga. But for sure, we need someone better than either of them. It depends what happens with the Iraq FA.

16. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Marcos Paqueta confirmed that he's negotiating with the FA. He has no problem with living in Iraq and expects the negotiation to be completed soon.

He will most likely be the next coach. All the talk of Sabella, Rijkaard, Schuster etc.. was the usual bs.

Let's see how long this guy lasts.

17. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    We need to build a team and decided to sack the man who was capable of doing that for us. Look at what Akram Salman and Adnan Hamad did in the past. We needed someone to find the right players to form a new team. A foreign coach is useful when we already have a solid team (like what Jorvan Vieira did in the 2007 Asian Cup, or Bora Milutinovic in the 2009 Confed Cup).

Paqueta will get more or less the same results as Radhi did, watch and you'll see. I don't believe that our problem is the coach, and I doubt he can do much for us.

18. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The issue that I have with this is what team was Radhi building? He had a year and we saw maybe 1 or 2 new faces. All he achieved was removing Younis from the team.

There was nothing in terms of development in terms of overall play, there was a clear leadership problem in the team, we struggled hard to build cohesive attacks and score goals, players were making silly mistakes that they don't make with their clubs.

There was absolutely no development in the team.

If Paqueta actually selects the best players and puts them into the lineups that make sense (which Radhi didn't do), and if he gets some players into the team with leadership (Radhi did the opposite), and if he gives the players a clear system to follow, he will easily be an improvement over Radhi.

We do have a solid team. We have under performed massively in the entire qualification run. We have good players in their primes right now, and there is no good reason why we have done so poorly.

19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Radhi's team is a complete transformation if you compare it to Alwan's team. Younis, Noor, Salam and Rehema retired. They were the backbone of the NT for years. He gave Mhawi the starting spot as right back, Sulaka replaced Rehema as central defender, Mohannad is filling the position of Younis, Brwa was called up and slowly phased into the NT to serve as central midfielder. Yaser left the squad and he tried to find a replacement for him.

There is a development in the team, Lambo. Don't forget where we came from. A team that could barely beat Vietnam, and gave away the lead against Thailand. This was completely the opposite in the final round, where we competed against Saudi Arabia, Japan and Australia, the top teams in Asia.

Look at our FIFA ranking, look where our clubs are playing, and understand that we are no longer Asian Champions. I don't know why the Iraqi fans expectations are so high..Teams have developed over time and Iraq is lagging behind the other countries. And a coach won't change that fact, whoever it is.

20. Rol9

Rol9 New Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Apr 16, 2017
    not watched a lot of Iraq but how was your team under performing when in the last two World Cups they managed the same results finishing last in group they looked good in the Asia Cup but apart from that the results have been the same the best match i watched from them was the Socceroos game not bad

Suren01 repped this.
  21. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Exact. It has nothing to do with the coach, but the federation and the whole set-up. How long before people will finally understand the truth.

The coach is used as scapegoat, nothing less.

22. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Muhannad doesn't deserve to clean Younis' shoes. Brwa was called for a training camp and a game and dropped after that. Osama never got a chance.

Younis was scoring goals but dropped because of Radhi's ego. Noor Sabri forced out in favour of hameed who is stealing a living as a professional player.

I'm sorry, "being competitive" with saudi arabia and australia is a joke. Those two teams are terrible. Japan is at it's weakest in years. UAE completely outclassed us. Nobody in our group is anywhere near as strong as you make them out to be.

We started slipping under Alwan and continued to get worse under Radhi.

FIFA ranking only represents the results we've had over the past couple of years and due to Radhi and other Iraqi coaches, we've been terrible. With a competent coach like Zico, who had a MUCH weaker team, we were in the 70s and going up in the rankings.

Our expectations are high because some of us actually know the level of talent available for the national team.

What you are saying is a losing mentality. We are not India. We are not Taiwan. Our players are good enough to compete with anyone at the asian level. There is no excuse for us to be playing this poorly.

23. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We do poorly because our FA consistently hires idiots for the national team and when they have a good coach (Zico), they mistreat them and force them away.

Our team has enough talent to qualify from this group, but Radhi Shanishil was an incompetent and egotistical moron and our team suffered for it. This happens almost every time we have qualifiers.

We have good players for the asian level which is why we almost always have respectable performances in tournaments, but in qualifiers we have no planning and the coaches are useless so we struggle.

24. Rol9

Rol9 New Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Apr 16, 2017
    The Socceroos are not a side of Kewells, Vidukas or Neills but the team won the last Asia cup and is a whole better then the Iraqi team and have been for years.

Watched all of the Roos matches in the qualifiers and this is Ange's gen, a new style and not being rude to Iraq and what they have gone through with wars and what else but when did they ever beat any good asian nations in football?

The iraq team have not beaten Japan, UAE, Saudi Arabia recently and they were far from qualifying in any recent World Cup i remember. The results of your team in finals and qualifying games over ten years are nothing to write home about.

Mate show a bit of respect to those nations you label "a joke" each have qualified for the World Cup recently 2006, 2010 and 2014 for the Roos. Saudi Arabia (1994, 1998, 2002, 2006). Japan (1998, 2002, 2006, 2010, 2014) even UAE qualified in 1990.

Talk a bit of sense mate Iraq are a good side but reading what you wrote, i thought they qualify for the world cup every four years you only qualified for the final group with a bit of luck with a win over Vietnam

Suren01 repped this.
  25. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Couldnt have said it better