Asics Boot Thread- Everything Asics posted here please!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by kiongsm, Feb 4, 2009.

1. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    I hope you did too. I went half a size down with the x-fly 1's, and they were still a half size large, I'm absolutely confused by their sizings.

2. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    they run half a size bigger tham MIJ MORELIA. im a 28cm in morelia and a 27.5cm in x-fly. they measure the same. when i was in japan i made sure i got the best fitting boot which out of all i tried was the x-fly.

i deff prefer a little padding tho the x-fly doesnt have as much padding as the morelia for me its a perfect boot due to fit.

one thing is on a summer day the soleplate gets to hot. im located in the uk where summer is not as hot as asia or the states and i couldnt take the burning lol

3. Zuangua

Zuangua Member

Oct 10, 2008
    CA
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Does anyone know what the width shoe size chart is like in Japan? Ive been doing some browsing on amazon Japan, and the asics 2002 is listed as "E" in width even though it's supposed to be slim fit?

I also have asics ds light 6 slim fit as an "E" in width, while the normal model is marked as "D"? At least in the US, E is always wider than D....

Just for the curious, here is most of the widths according to amazon japan
    asics 2002 = E
    asics ds light 6 Slim fit = E
    asics ds light 6 wide = 3E
    asics ds light regular fit = D
    asics ds light x fly k = 2D
    asics ds light x fly k 2 = 2D

4. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

when i went to japan the xfly leather is classed as d-2e. im a 2e width so maybe this is why they fit me perfectly.

remember asian feet are wider than western feet so a regular last say a d in the west will be slimmer than the asian last.

i tried on the 2002 in japan and they for sure are "not" a slim footed boot. i actually really wanted to get them but they fit and sizing was way off. 28cm felt like a 29cm. 27cm was to tight and 27.5cm had a clumsy fit.

maybe someone can help with width. i know for sure that asics 28cm in asia is actually a 28.5cm. all of my japanese asics boots ive got have all been the same a 28cm fit like a 28.5cm. i went to the asics store in london and asked to look at there chart and the they dont have a sizing for 28cm weird.

Zuangua repped this.
  5. Zuangua

Zuangua Member

Oct 10, 2008
    CA
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Thanks for the input...
    I have been interested in the 2002 for the longest time but can't bring myself to buy them because I am unsure on how they will feel. In what ways were the 2002 clumsy for you? Would you say they are as wide as say the Morelia Neo?

6. Wytefang

Wytefang Member

May 11, 2013
    Well then, I stand corrected! No offense taken. No biting, I'm not related to Suarez, after all! LOL

7. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    ha ha ha.......your profile pic = wolf!

the fangs looks sharp!

cheers!

8. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    they are 100% wider than the neo's. i actually couldnt fit into the neos. i wanted that boot also. they are on pair with MIJ morelia with not as snug more slipper feel.

the heel didnt feel snug. it would either be that the toebox was perfect but the heel was sloppy and not snug or the other way around. the xfly was perfect for me. i got my feet measured in the japanese store and they told me only the xfly would suit my feet which they was right lol

Zuangua repped this.
  9. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh damn, I ordered the same size as my MIJ Morelia's. I have a pair of asics tigreor's 5's in a 26.5 and they were a tad too big. I wear a 26cm in my MIJ Morelia's and those fit perfect, I guess we'll see on Monday when they arrive.

10. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You're correct, I just received mine and they're about a half size too big, not enough to where I'll sell them, they still fit really well, but if I could order again I'd go a half size smaller. Very nice and the quality is definitely there. I'll post a picture a little later (I"m currently at work, naughty naughty).

11. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    personally i would reorder the half size dwn as once they stretch they will be sloppy. i wore my xfly1 today to do some running drills and my god the fit!!!. i didnt realise i have a fresh pair of black adidas pathiqe-x and puma pamamexico both MIJ ive not worn at all for over a year. totally forgot i had them lool. should i sell them or keep them.. what to do lool

12. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Here we go! I took the picture from this angle, because I wanted to show the toe box is very high volume. The fit in general is wide and very comfy. I tried them on again with proper socks and not dress socks and they fit much better, they fit the way I would expect them to fit if I got them a half size down and were broken in. So, yes I"m assuming they'll become a little sloppy, but these aren't going to be my main boot so no huge loss there. If the toe box wasn't so high volume, the fit would be spot on. I am very impressed with the heel, very padded and I was afraid it wasn't going to be high enough, but it covers everything very well. Love the color, very bright and my favorite color combo on a boot. Asics.jpg

serginhobertholi repped this.
  13. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    looks like they removed the plastic film around the heel counter. are these japan version or europe based? the european version had a tendency for the leather to separate from the heel cup. the high volume is a blessing im just a tad disappointed they added stitching in the front of the toe box. this will limit a proper custom fit once moulded to your feet.

a little tip before you go play with them feed the leather with leather food as they sock up water at first. my socks was socking wet, like water logged lool

14. The Footy Collector

May 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    These are the Japan version, meaning they're for the Japan market, but these are made in Vietnam. I"m looking forward to wearing these soon, but I have too many boots in line first to be broken in, but this will suit the fields here once more the snow melts, probably a week or two out.

15. Zuangua

Zuangua Member

Oct 10, 2008
    CA
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Thank you for your honest input... . I may just stick with the Morelia 2 and try the m8 stitch version

16. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    if your order is recent, then it shud be.....

i wud love to get them too

but.....waiting for my MRI results for knee problem

if signs are good, then M8 is my next target ;)

did u do any personalizations?

actually i very much like the 30th anniv logo

derbyyank13 repped this.
  17. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    I just ordered them two weeks ago. They waited a bit to order so I think it will be the new ones.

Yeah I got テキサス "Texas" and the number 13 on the left boot and 越後 on the right (my wife's home prefecture is Niigata and the traditional name for it is Echigo)

I like the logo too. I might try to get the 1985 Morelias this summer.

The wife wouldn't let me do her name. She said it's too weird. I noticed too that most Japanese footballers only get their on their boots, not their kids or wives names.

Jaxinho repped this.
  18. carolpasa

carolpasa Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    black adidas pathiqe x top? damn.. what's size of them?

19. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    black size 28cm. its either sell comes boots to help fund a leica or just keep them.

sorry for going off topic this is a asics thread. pm me

20. eagle216

eagle216 New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Has anyone be able to get their hands on the DS Light 6 Wide? I am referring to the version sold in the US via Asicsamerica.com. I wear the DS Light 5 Wide (purchased in the US via Asicsamerica) and love them, but they are getting a little worn. The DS Light 5 Wide is not being offered anymore, and other sites only have size 5.5 left available. The limited reviews on asicsamerica indicate that the fit is not as good as the 5, and that it may not be as wide, but who knows if this is reliable. I have no experience ordering from foreign websites (I am in the US) and would prefer to just buy the DS Light 6 Wide from asicsamerica if I can be reasonably assured it will have a similar width and fit as the 5 did. What was great about the 5 was that it had a wide sole plate, and was truly cut as a wide shoe, as opposed to other boots where the wide version just gives you some more material in the forefoot.

21. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    #973 Running_Man, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Bought a pair of DS Light X Fly K with the Tenso shipping offer. Pick a half size down base on the information i have read here and elsewhere.

Received the boots today and unfortunately i found out they are a bit tight in the forefoot . The insole is 27 cm long in a pair of size US 8 (i wear US 8.5 normally) , which is as same as my Pathiqe X top , Wave Ignitus 3 in US 8.5 / JPN 26.5.

So i think you guys are right about the DS Light X Fly K run half size bigger.

I have now placed a shoe tree inside the boots and hopefully the k-leather will stretch a bit otherwise i will have to get a new pair with half size up:(

The comfort of the boots is excellent though . :thumbsup:

22. Running_Man

Running_Man Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Asia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Keep the pathiqe x i say.

I am now very regret of and feel guilty after i have sold my X top gold though i have another pair in new.

They are no longer available and i am not really a big fan of the 11 pro .

Especially the combination and the use of the color.

jayc23 repped this.
  23. serginhobertholi

Feb 28, 2011
    Pará - Brasil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This issue was already previously mentioned... Who are reading the topic knows that the model is a half (or a full) size larger than normal...