Asian Cup - Iraq vs. China [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by ForzaGrifo, Feb 24, 2006.

1. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Didn't I say we needed this guy on the team? Prescient. :eek:

2. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

I'm calling for your appointment as the new NT coach.

Subbing Li Tie was a bad move. Should've been Shao Jiayi for Shi Jun.

3. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I'm now fully convinced that Du Wei is all headers and nothing else. Replace him with Zhang Yonghai or Zhang Yaokun and our D should be much better.

4. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I would put Sun Jihai in right mid because his crossing and passing are excellent. Zhang Yaokun can play right back. Zheng Zhi can be a backup utility man.

I don't like Shao Jiayi. He doesn't have enough movement as attacking mid. I wanted Lu Lin or Wu Wei'an to be in there but Zhu's too afraid to experiment with them.

Tao Wei has to play in either left mid or central attacking mid. Any other positions would demise his good attacking abiliities.

The strikers look good. But I would put Gao Lin ahead of Zou Gie.

5. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Hard Luck to China, Iraq played well and I hope we win over Palestine Home and Away, Palestine are Dangerous at Home "Jordan"

Iraq National Team 1-3-2006

10. Younis Mahmoud
    11. Hawar Mulla Mohammed .............................................. 18. Mahdi Karim

24. Qusay Munir ..... 14. Haitham Kadhim

3. Bassim Abbas .............................................. 14. Haider Abdul-Amir

4. Yassir Ra'ad ..... 15. Ali Hussain Rahima ..... 27. Jassim Mohammed Haji

22. Noor Sabri​

6. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Sun Jihai plays better as the right back that overlaps with right mid than an outright mid.

Lu Lin may actually be better than Chen Tao, now that I've seen plenty of Chen Tao.

Why is it that it's always so hard for the NT coaches to see what we fans see so plainly?

7. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I tend to think that Sun is just as good as right mid as he is at right back.

It depends on what kind of fullbacks you wanna play. If you want Chelsea-style fullbacks who rarely overlap, then a defensive non-overlapping fullback should play. If you want offensive overlapping fullback then Sun is the choice.

However this is a moot topic because Zhu doesn't use the 4 back formation.

About Chen Tao. Seems like he's lost some of the flair and enthusiasm lately. Something's wrong with that kid?

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Eriksson is the antithesis of what we need!!! A Mourinho type is more like it. We need a coach who is emotional, who gets fired up, and who instills that in the players, I think Milu did a good job of that. Eriksson would just be another laid back, just in it for the money, huge name, lukewarm coach. Even if the guy is unknown, I don't mind, as long as he shows some fire and as long as he's willing to make changes immediately upon recognizing the problems.

9. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Girlfriends are a pain that men have to deal with. Because of mine, I got to see the national anthems and nothing else, but I will reserve my rant as not to get too far off topic and bother our collective gf, the "Old Lady."

Anyways, not much to comment about, I liked the lineup before the game and I'm not going to nitpick why this guy instead of that guy now. It seems he made changes taking Li Tie out at halftime (I was questioning why Li was playing even against Palestin, but that's neither here nor there). The defensive lineup was always going to be a problem, beware Shenhua, Du and Datou can't play together without strong wings to their sides.

Here is my theory on this game:
    1. Zhu was hoping for a win, but was willing to accept a draw. He figured Iraq away wasn't going to be easy and because we don't have many friendlies, he figured to give a guy like Shi Jun a shot at getting out there. There are those that argue Shi hasn't played a lot for Young Boys, fair play, but how much has Gao played in full competition games lately? None, as CSL is in preseason. So the majority of our guys aren't in full playing shape anyways.

2. In line with the above statement, Zhu's only goal is qualifying, he figures we'll take both games against Palestine, both games against Singapore, and one draw, one win over Iraq. Even this loss doesn't set us back from qualifying. I know I know that this is unsatisfying to fans who want to see us win, want to see us climb the ladder and establish ourselves in Asia, but Zhu sees his job (rightfully so) as qualifying, only the fans worry about the other stuff.

3. We never do well in the middle east and Iraq was always going to be a hard game. I don't care that it was only a "home" game instead of a real home game for them, I don't care about the other stuff, this is China in the middle east against a strong Iraq team. I haven't seen Iraq since the 2004 Olympics and AC, but they were impressive in both. We beat them bad at the AC, but that was only due to some homer reffing and dubios pk goals in the last 10 minutes.

4. I've supported Zhu and still do, but if he loses to Singapore, he must be fired. That is the kind of loss that is just too embarassing for China to accept and heads must roll.

5. Many of these points aren't satisfying to fans, but that's why you don't want the coach to have a fan's mindset. We can make snap reactions about a player or something, but you don't necessarily want that in a coach.

10. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I agree with dreamer on this one, Sun's natural position is at defense, he's out of place in the midfield and while it may work at City where he is surronded by some strong players, there's nobody on China that can clean up his mistakes.

On Chen Tao (and the rest of the team), could the problem be that the CSL isn't in season now? Maybe these guys aren't up to full playing condition yet? It's an excuse and not one that I like, but perhaps it's played a part in things. Maybe the big problem is that he hasn't seen much playing time.

11. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Unfortunately this is also a moot point since Zhu is not playing Lu Lin.:mad:

12. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

LOL Hertha?

13. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Our players need passion, but what they need more is a system that makes sense and even more is ball handling techniques. A couple of good wins will bring out the passion.

14. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    :rolleyes:

15. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I don't mind a loss, even to Singapore, if it's of good reason. But this loss to Iraq is a complete fiasco. I think it's time for Zhu to seriously consider Seppuku.

The moment we took teams like Palestine Iraq and Singapore so seriously we've already lost the war. That, is the basic fault of Zhu's approach.

16. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Du Wei and Li Weifeng can't play with each other. Period. I'm just hoping that the they can still dominate the CSL by pure physicality, "skill," reputation, and help from referees. Both want to be captains. Both want to marshal the defense. Both want to bring up the ball. It showed in the Germany friendly that they are the same player playing in, literally, the same spot in the field. I'll be happy if they just don't collide and give away free breakaway chances.

Are you referring to Li Leilei's handling? :rolleyes:

I know. You probably mean the player's first touch and basic dribbling.

Who was captain today? I don't see any screamers on the team except for Li Weifeng, but he's an idiot screamer.

17. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Our NT is pathetic, end of story.

Good win for Iraq though. I am happy to see the people of Iraq cheering and smiling, after all these years of Chaos in their homeland. Even though it was at China's expense, I am still happy for them.

I give up on this stinkin Chinese NT. Even if they qualify for Asian Cup 2007, so what???? with the way they are playing right now, they will be lucky to get out of the group stage of AC2007.

18. Da Shah

Da Shah New Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Chinese football is too full of corruption and match fixing to ever know where the hell they are at unfortunately.

19. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Have ya'll ever watched the longest yard... in one scene the prison boss asks the ex pro football player what is the best way to prepare before the season and he says we usually go down to some crap ass second rated team and kick their teeth in, then morale is high and everyone is happy before the real games begin.... I cant help but think thats the reason France is playing us ... to kick the living daylights out of us...

I want to see how the CFA fix this mess in the next few years... we have great youth teams but a horrible and sometimes corrupt league system, we have passionate fans...of other countries like brazil england and italy... our players get paid yet dont play up to their worth - possibly because of all the cheap color dye they put into their hair - it probably went into their brain... we have high expectations yet we cant beat iraq on neutral soil... its kinda funny that they just said (http://english.people.com.cn/200603/03/eng20060303_247536.html) they were depressed with the team not going to the wc... what a joke...

20. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Too bad our teeth won't get kicked in by France. It'll be 3-0 max. They'll be nice sportman and won't teach us a lesson. Then everyone will say "Oh well, they're France..."

21. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I want 10-0 France

That way Zhu will be fired and we will get a foreign coach who won't show loyalty to idiots like Li Yi

22. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Cannot beat Iraq?

That is low. :mad: