Asian Cup - China vs Palestine [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by happy, Feb 16, 2006.

1. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Wasn't the strategy to smash the Palestine goal from the air, utilizing China's usual height advantage when playing against fellow Asians? This led to ugly and boring football.

2. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    british football !!!!!!!!!!

3. PLSTN LMF

PLSTN LMF New Member

Feb 21, 2006

i wouldve expected china to do that,our defence is very tough on the ground but theyre not too good in the air

4. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    LOL yea the commentators always say we have better fitness and aerial power compared to the semi-pro teams in Asia...

Its like yea you can run faster and head the ball better so keep at it.... coach what do we do when they are better in the air and can run faster and longer.... errrr i dont know just kick the ball forward!!!

When will we ever see a change... weaker oppositions should be the perfect place to test out new tactics...

5. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Yeah but the British can still pass, maybe not in a classy manner, but the ball still gets there. The Chinese can't even get the ball to its destination.

Totally agree. We play headball not football.

6. happy

happy Member

Nov 23, 2004
  7. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    But this time one of the headers was due more to Dong's attacking ability than simple size advantage. A much needed new dimension.

Sun Jihai had something nice to say about Dong after the match, comparing him with Henri.
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/g/2006-02-24/00182065757.shtml
    22日深夜,孙继海在伦敦打来电话,详细地向记者询问了国家队的情况,当听说董方卓的场上表现之后,孙继海笑起来。“我和他一起训练过几次,知道他的情况,他的身体条件,不会比亨利差。只要他回到曼联,而且以后正常发展,成为国际巨星,不会有太大的问题。那时,他就是中国足球第一人。”

孙继海在英超中曾经多次对阵亨利,他说他从来就不怕速度型或者力量型的前锋,但对于速度和力量融于一体的前锋,防守起来就相当艰难。“我和亨利对抗,就像一辆小轿车和一辆高速行驶的大卡车在对撞一样,太难了。董方卓的力量和速度,也许比亨利还要好,现在他欠缺的就是经验和场上的意识,只要这些上去了,谁也挡不住小董。”

8. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
  9. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Next game, in Iraq, 7:30 AM EST, 3/1/06.

10. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    This one is in china? If so where?

11. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    If we win 2-0 on the road vs Iraq, it would be a good result

12. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Uh-oh, you're sounding uncharacteristically optimistic today CFF............. :D

Yeah I agree, a win is a win.

13. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    not really, i am still not happy about only 2-0 vs Palestine

On the road vs Iraq is a different story, 2-0 would be acceptable

14. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Our jersey is too plain.... we need a dragon or the great wall on it.... and white is such a depressing color it needs to be red!!

15. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

yeah a red dragon will so cool, something like on african jersey of cameroon or ivory coast

16. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    I've only seen him a couple of times when he was in 2nd division. But I was impressed. He has a style quite similar to Shunsuke Nakamura. Not big physically but very technical. I remember saying to myself "he should be given a chance in the NT...".

When I saw on Sina that he was included in the initial NT camp I was ecstatic. But I don't know why he wasn't eventually selected to the NT squad for the AC Qualifiers.

17. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    pssssttt, this has been talked about for years. They need to put their words into action and bring in more technical players and coaches IMMEDIATELY!!

技术含量不够,进攻套路少,手段单一,这都是需要引起重视的问题。 Yang Yimin hits it dead on.

If we lose to Iraq next game then I'm gonna call for Zhu's head.

18. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

Who will be the coach then?

19. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
  20. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    The real soccer fans are all up north...

21. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I would definitely take a 2-0 win. Firing Zhu now would be just the sort of destructive act that the CFA can't make, it's suicidal. I'm not sure if it was you, Forza, but other people on here have been calling for Zhu's head for months, its totally overreacting. Zhu is a good coach, he put out an offensive lineup, the result was 2-0 (with a missed pk). I totally agree with Yang Yimin's comments, but the problem isn't the coaching staff, it's the players. If you want technically skilled players, you must train them better, you must train them to think to play attacking soccer. We just don't have the talent up front. Dong shows promise, but one striker is never enough. Li Yi's problems are well documented, Dayu tends to shrink and hide when it comes to MNT games, Chen Tao and Gao Lin still need to be brought along. Who else do we have to play up front? I've never really seen Shi Jun play, but I don't believe him to be any kind of solution.

So even the best coach (and Zhu is one of the best Chinese coaches around), is going to struggle to get much from his players. Beyond that, changing coaches now makes no sense. The top coaches all have jobs right now with the European leagues still going on and the WC06 coming up. If CFA even wanted to change coaches, it would be idiotic to do it now. Wait until the summer, the European leagues will have more firings once their season is over, there will be contracts that run up and firings after the WC, that's the time to get a good coach, if you do it now, it's just going to be another Haan.