Asian Cup 2011 [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by xfactor857, Dec 8, 2010.

1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Asian Cup 2011

I forgot to ask why your best player is not in the squad? Where is Shao Jiayi? Is the coach stupid or is there something else behind it?

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003

I think this is all prep for World Cup qualifying. Shao would be too old. Players like Shao and Zheng Zhi aren't playing for the NT anymore.

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

i think another reason is gao hongbo want less 大牌 (big shots) in the group to disturb the harmony within the squad.
    hence li weifeng (famous for his temper) wasn't included to replace the injured feng xiaoting.

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Okey I understand. Allthough Shao would've been a great audition to the squad.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

yes shao's set piece, foreign experience, and passing would definitely be an asset to the squad.

as xfactor mentioned, he is old, and looking at shao' stats he could last for 70 minutes maximum per game.

since this asian cup will be hosted in qatar, with the unbearable hot weather, i think shao, if he made into the squad, could only play as an impact sub.

gao hongbo would rather offer the place to a youngster who would be able to cope with the weather and who will play in the future world cup qualifiers.

6. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Yeah I guess. Who do you consider to be the most important players now then? Who will be the captain?

7. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Du Wei is the captain .

8. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

Squad number
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/n/2010-12-28/17325385209.shtml

1. Yang Zhi
    2. Li Xuepeng
    3. Wang Qiang
    4. Zhao Peng
    5. Du Wei
    6. Zhou Haibin
    7. Zhao Xuri
    8. Hao Junmin
    9. Yang Xu
    10. Deng Zhuoxiang
    11. Qu Bo
    12. Guan Zhen
    13. Liu Jianye
    14. Wang Song
    15. Yu Tao
    16. Huang Bowen
    17. Zhang Linpeng
    18. Gao Lin
    19. Yang Hao
    20. Rong Hao
    21. Yu Hai
    22. Zeng Cheng
    23. Li Jianbin

9. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

There's no reaction from Gao so far, apparently he's adopted xfactor's "silence is golden" doctrine.

10. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Cool, I think he is good. But I will remember him most for his failure at Celtic :/

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

It's not a fight per se both are doing what they have to. Gao is playing down expectations, though they've been greatly reduced by the number of injuries. I like Gao as a coach, probably more so because I loved him as a player vs how well he's coached, but reality is this is his first real test and before the injuries, expectations should be high. Zhu, on the other hand, is a cocky, outspoken media presence and so he can get away with saying things like he said. Gao's been given a pass so far, if his team fails to perform in Qatar, it will bring up some questions.

Shao is far from China's best player. Granted, he's doing okay in the German 2nd division, but so what? Shao hasn't really been capable of playing 90 minutes in 5 years and are midfield is stacked enough that taking him as a "super sub" doesn't make a ton of sense, especially because Gao's looking longterm with his squad.

Yang Zhi is going to be the guy who keeps China in a lot of matches they probably shouldn't be in and his importance is made greater by the shit defense that will be in front of him. The player that China absolutely needs a big performance from is the starting striker, whether its Gao or Yang. We've relied almost exclusively on goals from the midfield, its not going to work in a tournament like this, we need the striker to produce.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

every players have their problem in plying their trade in a different culture:
    du wei, li weifeng, zhou haibin.

btw, keep an eye on deng zhuoxiang, he was the person who scored against france. his set piece ability is ok and he has the potential to go euro if he continue to improve.

13. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

opponent watch (uzbekistan):

uzbekistan final 23. (bolded players are the one to watch for)

Uzbekistan squad:

Goalkeepers: Ignatiy Nesterov (Bunyodkor), Murotzhon Zukhurov (Nasaf), Temur Juraev (Pakhtakor).

Defenders: Sahob Juraev (Bunyodkor), Jaroslav Krushelnitsky (Shurtan), Shaukat Mulladzhanov (Almalik), Anzur Ismailov (Bunyodkor), Farrukh Nurlibaev (Almalik), Victor Karpenko (Bunyodkor), Aziz Ibragimov (Bohemians, Czech Republic).

Midfielders: Timur Kapadze (Bunyodkor), Stanislav Andreev (Pakhtakor), Server Djeparov (FC Seoul, Korea Republic), Sanjar Tursunov (Volga, Russia), Aziz Haydarov (Bunyodkor), Jasur Hasanov (Lekhwia, Qatar), Odile Akhmedov (Pakhtakor), Shaukat Salomov (Nasaf), Marat Bikmaev (Alania, Russia), Vagiz Galiulin (Sibir, Russia).

Forwards:
    Olim Navkarov (Kyzylkumoltin), Alexander Geynrikh (Pakhtakor), Maksim Shatskikh (Arsenal, Ukraine).

uzbek will be our 3rd opponent, if we are able to capitalize the first two games we can send a second string to rest the first team.

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

opponent watch (qatar):

qatar 0-0 iran.

15. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  16. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

I prefer a quote from Yuan Chonghuan.

[​IMG]

17. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

doesn't matter for me. the chinese netizens will just 恶搞 it anyway. besides slogans don't win you games.

18. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

agree. imo, there isn't any key or iconic player in team china à la gerrard or cesc but deng is someone i'm keen to watch out for. hoping he will have a breakthrough in this tournament.

19. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

yo shingkei bigbig (can't see your photo) and jarek and others,
    can you all please think of a quote for china team? (my written chinese is freakin primary level because i never took formal education in hong kong before)

i am thinking of making a photoshop of china team and it would be nice to incorporate a 霸氣 quote from the recommendation from you guys :D

(i havn't photoshop for a while, please dun expect masterpiece from me)

20. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR

My photo is Yuan Chonghuan's famous quote "掉哪媽!頂硬上!".

[​IMG]

21. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

kk got it i just finish 95% of the photoshop blueprint
    i will add this tomorrow in my 2nd version once i have time (i will try and find a specified chinese font for this) :D :D

22. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

[​IMG]

link: http://i56.tinypic.com/2a1g2d.jpg

this is a guideline of the some of the important players (sorry chengb i dont have space to include Yang Zhi)

definitely not the best, but i hope you guys will like it. :D

23. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002

cool graphic, though really unusual choices for the important players...

24. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

deng zhuoxiang - fever, might not feature in iraq's friendly
    zhao peng - thigh sprain, could not attain high physical training, might not feature in iraq's friendly

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

[​IMG]

為國爭光.
    another noob photoshop when i have nothing to do at home.

(sorry shingkei i can't incorporate your quote because my photoshop wont allow me to install new chinese font)