AS Nancy-Lorraine Thread or the we don't believe in buying new players thread!

Discussion in 'France: Clubs' started by sl7vk, Jul 31, 2006.

1. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well we are off. We didn't do the "ascenseur" last year, and watched as the old foe.... Metz went down to wallow in L2 this year..... Looks like ASNL doesn't believe in recruiting anymore (aside from Dosunmu), we haven't brought in a single player from last year.

So, another year of crossing our fingers and hoping we don't get the drop. Oh, and how could I forget the added fun of UEFA cup this year! I don't need to ask Strasbourg how much fun that can be!

2. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Re: AS Nancy-Lorraine 06-07 Thread or the we don't beleive in buying new players thread!

http://www.asnl.net/articles/temp/dosunmu.html

Dosunmu our only signing to date..... Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining... The first thing we did was re-sign everone from last year, and that isn't half bad.

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Re: AS Nancy-Lorraine 06-07 Thread or the we don't beleive in buying new players thread!

Well well look at who you are playing in the first match this season. I dont know what our starting lineup will be but it could look like this.

--------------- --Roma --------------------
    Modesto--- Givet--- Monsoreau----- Dos Santos
    Leko---Bernardi---Plasil----Menez
    Koller----Chevanton

Anyway, Im looking forward to a great match and of course a win :)

4. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Well it should be a good match. We do have something you don't though.... continuity.... That's because we don't believe in recruiting.... ;)

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I think you were interested in recruting Santos from Toulouse but that deal never materalized.

6. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Nancy 1-0 Monaco

Zerka 54th-

Great start to the campaign getting 3 points against Monaco at home in a packed stadium. Who needs to recruit new players after all?

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Monaco's defense is very soft so Im not that surprised by this result. Givet is the only decent player back there. Monsoreau is a Lyon reject. The other guys BLAH.

8. Douai

Douai New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    États-Unis
    Re: AS Nancy-Lorraine 06-07 Thread or the we don't beleive in buying new players thre

Good job AS Nancy-Lorraine.Good luck against Sedan next week.

9. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  10. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.

Will Nancy play the title ? However, take care : UEFA cup brings a lot of strain, both physically and mentally. Players win vs the moldavian team Lokomotiv Redneckstadt, and they start to think they're "european level". I know what I'm talking about here.

To play 4 competitions with only 4 strikers in the roster (according to lequipe.fr : Curbelo, Dosumnu, Kim, Rudolf) can rapidly turn into a deathtrap. One severe injury, two others losing the goalscorer spirit, and you're bad.

I don't want to douse your enthousiasm, but I was also very happy last season. At the beginning.

11. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

For some reason I knew you'd rear your head here.....

Good points, and don't worry, I'm not overly enthused about our "fast" start..... As to our strikers, I'm not too worried. Zerka can also play up front and Kroupi can be recalled from his loan at any time. Quite frankly, I don't think we will be in Europe too long. Can't see it happening with so little experience at that level. Maybe that is for the best though.

12. Allez

Allez New Member

Feb 18, 2006

I like Nancy, but I doubt whether their squad is good enough to deal with both domestic and european games if they don't recruit

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Nancy turned down a chance to sign Jared Borgetti because they deemed him to be an "expensive gamble" for his age.

14. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Can't say that I disagree with that decision really....

15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

but he can still score...

16. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Don't need a guy in a wheelchair rolling around up front. I'll take Curbelo or Zerka up there ahead of Borgetti any day of the week.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

They did the same thing last year with Mario Jardel. They wouldnt sign him because he was too old and too expensive. At least Borgetti is in much better shape than Jardel. Think of all the Mexicans who would have been following Nancy and buying their merchendise. Thats extra income and extra exposure you could use. Im not saying it was the wrong decision not to sign him, Im saying I dont think it would have killed the team and club if they did it. Appearantly this club cant afford to take certain risks.

18. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Well it looks as if our little Borgettiless team is on top of L1.... Can't say I'm surprised really.... :) Eat your hearts out Lyon!

----Nancy 3-1 Sedan
    --------------Pujol 14
    Gavanon 78
    Curbelo 80
    Dosunmu 89

Glad to see Dosunmu get his first for ASNL in a late spree of goals!

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

New champions

20. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Well lets not get too far ahead of ourselves..... ;)

In all seriousness when relegation is always a concern, this is a dream start. And after last years, 0 points in our first 4 matches, we couldn't ask for more this year!

21. Montréal United

Montréal United New Member

Apr 11, 2001
    Montréal,Qc
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Not the best week, eh?

Beaten at St-Etienne and now drawn against Schalke in the UEFA cup...

Well, good luck!!!

22. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

An early exit out of the UEFA cup might be a mixed blessing really. I do think that we'll give Schalke fits though. We shall see.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UEFACup/news/Kind=1/newsId=448986.html

23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

I like a French team vs German team matchup because its a chance to prove who is superior between 2 evenly matched leagues. This matchup seems similar to when Sochaux played Dortmund a few years ago. Small French club with a 20,000 seat stadium vs a large German club with a huge stadium who have massive amounts of fans. I can see pararells between Nancy vs Schalke and Sochaux vs Dortmund.

24. Allez Lyonnais

Allez Lyonnais New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    TX

Give 'em hell. ;)

25. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

AS Nancy Lorraine 1-0 Auxerre

The dream start continues.