Arsenal v Fulham [R] - Pre/Dur/Post Match Discussion

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by kanonier, Nov 24, 2011.

1. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arsenal v Fulham
    Saturday, November 26, 2011
    Emirates Stadium

17:30 UK, 12:30 EST
    TV: ESPN (UK), FSC (US)

It's eight wins from nine for Arsenal now as we continue our revival. I imagine we'll pay the price for the strong midweek lineup against Dortmund by rotating our starting XI for this game. I think we should start with van Persie on the bench. If Diaby is truly fit and ready to go maybe we'll see him get a start, too.

Let's hope the ghost of not signing Clint Dempsey doesn't come back to haunt us. :rolleyes:

2. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    Well, I was happy to see a strong starting lineup to secure the CL advancement early but I fear it may cost us two points in this one. We should still have enough to do Fulham, but our squad -RVP leaves a little to be desired. Not just him, but Kos, Song, Gervinho, Ramsey all looked gassed. Not sure who we'll see, but hopefully they get the job done.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm... somehow I missed that we almost signed Dempsey.

As for this match, yes I think rotation is going to be the key factor. And it will be a good test of our squad, especially with the missing fullbacks.

And maybe just maybe Chamakh will snap out of his funk.

But I wouldn't be too surprised if this match was a bit on the dull side... hard to imagine it being like the first 30mins against Dortmund which was flat out.

C O Y G !

4. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    3 points and I'd be ecstatic! It doesn't matter what team we field to me. The subs HAVE to step up.

5. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    Another Saturday match, which means Media Blackout for me,
    until I get home to the DVR.

If you hear of a murder in Hawaii, on a ferry boat,
    ...... it means that someone told me the score.:)

COME ON YOU GUNNERS!

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Gotta get the points here

8. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Wouldn't mind seeing Ox come on at least for a sub. I don't see Wenger resting RVP either. I would say maybe rest Gervinho, bring him on as a sub. Other than that I guess we can always start Benayoun or possibly Diaby although I don't see Diaby starting quite yet.

9. Fitzgerald#11

Fitzgerald#11 Member

May 23, 2007
    Calgary
    chance to gain some ground with City at Liverpool Sunday

Play the first XI and take the 3pts

Worry about who needs a rest when Tuesday comes, cant afford to drop pts to mid level teams any more after the start to the season we had

10. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry, that was kind of the joke. :rolleyes:

11. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Don't know really why people think because he's from the U.S he's going to be a threat.

12. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Send out the strongest team and rest everyone midweek.

13. GunneRy

GunneRy Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Chicago
    disagree- hope that the A minus team, a few subs here and there, can get the job done at home.

My guess- boring 1-1 draw.

14. ogadeni

ogadeni Member

Oct 30, 2009
    San Jose, California
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is AW will rotate and MC29 will start instead of RVP. Also Park will see seam playing time. My pick for this game

= = Kos = Par = TV = Santos= =
    = Rosicky = Song = Artata
    =Wilcot = Chamackh = Arshavin

Sub
    Park for Wilcot
    Diaby = Rosicky
    Alex C = Arshavin

15. 49unbeaten

49unbeaten Member

Jan 3, 2005
    upstate ny
    Agree with those who believe we should rest players next tues...wenger's already said he's gonna use players who have played less...i expect us to field our strongest squad on saturday...we cant be dropping points at home

come on the arse...roll on

16. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read somewhere that Wenger may have hinted that Diaby will start. I would not mind if he stays with the winning team of the last 2 games though. We need to get the 3 points.
    The CC game against City as well as the Olympiacos will be good opportunities to rest most of the starters as well as getting the fringe players to show what they can bring to the table.

17. Gunnersaurus7

Gunnersaurus7 New Member

Nov 23, 2011
    London, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Totally agree, we may be on a good winning run but we had such a bad start that we are still only in 7th place. Gervinho and RVP look dangerous when they link up and the confidence is coming back. Changes now would be crazy with some less important games coming after the Fulham match

18. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Both this and the City games should be full strength. I cannot see City playing Kun et al but we cannot discount the League Cup IMO since it may be our best chance of a trophy. We can rest against Olympiakos and mix and match to some extent in the games up to City away.

19. generals soccer

Feb 7, 2006
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Play the strongest team possible taking into count fatigue and slight knocks. Just get the three points to keep the momentum in the league. The next two weeks send out the backups for the midweek games.

20. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the one starter i would like to see rested is gervinho. he's beginning to look worn and i would hate to have what happened to chamakh happen to him this year especially since we don't have another van persie coming back to replace him like we did with chamakh and his running will be important as the season goes along.

21. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree for the most part, but still would be tempted to start with RvP on the bench. He needs rest and others need to step up in the goal production department. Bring him on at 60 min if we need goals.

22. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Completely agree with this.

23. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hikLjcwFdD8"]CONAN! WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE? - YouTube[/ame]

24. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    I think RVP is the one player who needs to play because as much we hope to transition to something else he is our one irreplaceable player. Gerv, Ramsey, etc., can be rested if needed on the hope that someone else can fill in for what they do.

25. Kafata

Kafata New Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Problem is... I'm scared he'll end up injured again if he keeps playing every game full time. And I wouldn't mind drawing tomorrow if it means RvP will stay fit and completely healthy the rest of the season.