Arsenal v. Everton, Sunday, May 21 2017, 1500 GMT

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mebeSajid, May 19, 2017.

1. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He does everything right until it gets into the 6 yard box. Zero composure. Great squad player but that's it.

Fifty repped this.
  2. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nicki booty.jpg

.....and with a booty like this HOW CAN she not win it, ladies and gentlemen and fellow Gooners, your reigning defending Premier League Golden Booty award winner. Nicki Minaj!!! Now if she only knew about Arsenal or football (REAL football not that American NFL crap) Maybe we can get HER to become a Gooner, since we couldn't persuade Cindy Margolis to do the same!!! I tried to get Cindy to become a Gooner for the last 5 years and failed, so CONM!!! I may not like Nicki Minaj's music but as Sir Mix-A-Lot used to say she's got back!!!

:laugh::):ROFLMAO::p yummy

3. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Ramsey, anybody?

An OK performance. Though:

- I couldn't see if it was a red or not. But then on TV when I got home, it was a fully warranted red. Kos, what the ******** were you doing/thinking??!

- Lukaku looks decent, and could be a consistent scorer in the future. As a strong, pacey player he could fit in well.

- Gab was OK until his injury. I doubt he'll be fit for the final.

- Alexis was OK, but Ozil poor.

- Per when he came on looked OK, but the penalty for Everton. Holding wtf??! there was no need to handball it.

Everton came back into it more once Lukaku scored, but we were good to be 2-0 when we were. Overall, I think we shaded it.

Cech had a good game too, but then we've got what we deserve vis a vis the CL.

I was surprised not to see Wenger come out with the players at the end, but then he had his reasons. Supposedly it was a security risk, but whatever.

I heard Alexis is injured too, but we need him for the final.

BIGHMW repped this.
  4. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Welbeck is exactly the player we need stylistically, just not quite there in terms of quality. Giroud is actually a pretty good player, but he doesn't fit well with us. If we could combine Welbeck's pace and agility outside the box with Giroud's desire to fight for the ball and nose for goal within 10 yards, we'd have a great player. Or we would, except that he'd be worth 60MM GBP and PSG would have outbid is and got him instead.

NorthBank repped this.
  5. KozIsCul

KozIsCul Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    I'm hoping he'll be fit for next season's opener (and I have my doubts on that).

I'm sure Alexis will play. As far as I care he can pull a hamstring against Chelsea and miss international games for Chile while recuperating. Serves the bastards right.

Frankly pretty much an excellent performance all told. If we played anywhere close to this standard the rest of the year we'd have done much better. Everton rarely looked the better team even being a man up. But one relatively meaningless game can't make up for the failures of the season. Wenger out.

darcgun repped this.
  6. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am glad this season is over. I am going to take perverse pleasure in watching Liverpool getting kicked out of CL spot because MU will win the Europa League.

7. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They changed the rules, didn't they? If United win, England will have five teams in the CL.

8. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not know that. Bummer!

9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct. Liverpool are in UCL as long as they win the qualifiers in August.

10. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thinking about Thursdays in the ole Yerpa league. Does FOX still own those rights for the foreseeable future?