Aris-ted Development: the Freddy Adu general discussion thread [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by bungadiri, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GalacticoX4

GalacticoX4 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    i find it hilarious that anyone is mad that a person using twitter is talking too much. That's the point of twitter. It's kinda like if someone as a hobby wrote a blog and people complained that he made too many posts. That's the point of the blog.

2. atomicskiracer

Jun 1, 2006
    Virginia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also follow Davies,Altidore, Donovan, Rossi and a few others, and out of all of them, he has "tweeted" the least over the past 6 months....

3. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    probably due to the fact that there's nothing to tweet about since you're not even on a team.

4. backupbackup

backupbackup Member

May 9, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  5. zapem_10

zapem_10 Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't this about the time someone starts in with tweets per minute played stats?

6. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll do it as soon as somebody figures out a way to divide by zero.

7. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You would do well to follow your own advice.

9. SeaOtter

SeaOtter Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its not about the stats. its about the creativity. of course, in freddy's advanced position many of his tweets aren't going to come off. but those that do,.....man......just quality. :D

seriously, I hope the decision made is one that finally lands him with a good club situation. the comeback has to start sometime, doesn't it???

10. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    More twitter: "Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm, That was delicious! First cheesesteak was a massive success...perhaps I'll try Geno's or Pat's after the game tomorrow."

11. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he playing for the USWNT now?

12. SBSpartan

SBSpartan New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    In town for the Phillies/Reds???? Hell, he's got nothing else to do.

13. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
    Actually that was Landon Donovan. No further "news" on Adu.

14. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he thought Liverpool was in town.

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Someone nees to make a YouTube vid: "Leave Freddy alone!!!!1!11!!!!"

But seriously guys, I'm not a Freddy fanboy, but he is a US player who may still become a good one. He's young and has much more ahead of him.

I have the strong feeling that he comes around the boards and reads what people are saying. For several reasons, one that he is young and when you're young you tend to care too much about what other people think of you. Another is, of course, that he has the time.

So poking fun at him is fine, but doing so continuously is too much. He's doing the smart thing, getting all the money he can get. A bird in hand. He can invest that money, save, and have his future secure. He can buy a house for his mom, help other family, etc.

Good for him. He's thinking straight, I hope. So once all this ordeal is done, even if he is blacklisted in Europe, he'll be only 21 or 22 and will have time to go to some little league and prove himself. Or at least do so well enough to live his life making money doing what he loves.

If I were in his shoes, I'd do exactly the same. But also be very careful with my money. Buy property, save, invest wisely, and keep the faith. Yup, that's what I'd do.

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Let's read too much into this and over-react!!!! (in typical Big Soccer fashion)

People have mentioned the possibility of Freddy being in Philly for the Reds/Phillies playoff game. What's the connection there? Doesn't it make more sense for him to be there for the MLS game on Thurday night?!! (possibly sticking around to train with the USMNT for their match on the 12th? Not play in the match, but train.)

The MLS game is the Galaxy against the Union.

The Philadelphia Union are coached by the guy that Freddy had the most success with in his career. They may have had a love-hate relationship, but perhaps now Freddy understands what Nowak was trying to do. They seemed to do well together with the U23 team.

And the Galaxy are coached by the guy who also gave Freddy his first caps with the USMNT.

It wouldn't stun me to find out that Freddy was going to join up with either of those clubs for the 2011 season.

17. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are all great theories, but that tweet was from Landon Donovan and not Freddy...

18. Reignking

Reignking Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sarcasm detector broken?

19. Jacques Strappe

Mar 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Just a lame attempt to keep everyone else from really believing that Freddy was tweeting about the realest cheesesteak ever.

20. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    Of course it wasn't going to be Freddy - he's in Maryland. Now, if he tweeted about the realest crab cake...

21. FC Matt 90

FC Matt 90 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ......Freddy?

...is that you??

22. NASL Fan

NASL Fan Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went back several pages on this thread, and I don't see any news. What, exactly, is he up to? He talked to Michael Essien, and he's in DC (which is where his family is). Is he a free agent now?

23. gideon02

gideon02 Member

Jun 22, 2007
    texas
    milking his benfica contract for all its worth and practicing alone

i dont expect any news until 2011 summer transfer window when he becomes a free agent

24. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    1)He's a free agent now, if he wants to be.
    2)His contract with Benfica isn't in 2011, its up in 2012.

25. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a separate thread for news because these types of threads have a history of getting cluttered with a bunch of non-news discussions.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1506036

Not that there is any news.