Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    oh yeah, you're right.

That makes it more difficult as I'm not sure who's going to play as the RM.

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man... I do feel bad for Ajax. I guess, this is good for Poch though.

soul24rage and Burr repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They fucked up when they decided to send in cebollita subcampeon Magallan to the field for the final minutes

SupaMario repped this.
  4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All England final, kinda gross, lol.

Champions League feels like WWE this year, though. Like cmon you couldn't script any more obvious drama than that, haha. Fun but can anyone literally defend worth a damn?

locoxriver repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even though it’s an all England final the teams sure as hell don’t play like it.

A Germany-Argentina final is more like it.

Oh-oh. :(

afar repped this.
  6. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I would like to try Di Maria in the right midfield. Hopefully no more Paredes.

A midfield of Di Maria-Guido-Palacios-Lo Celso could work.

soul24rage repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The craziest thing about Tottenham making the final is the fact that they finished tied in second place with shitty ass Inter in the group stage (same points, same exact goal difference) but only advanced by having scored more goals.

It would be crazy if they end up winning the whole thing, although Liverpool arrive as favorites

SupaMario repped this.
  8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #8208 Rattlehead, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Its really frustrating that Argentina has been producing world class managers and best ever , yet the national team is in this kind of state.

Ajax has 3-0 lead up to the first half of second leg , conceiding countless goals in short period of time is obviously a trend.

9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    locoxriver repped this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea but I only meant Lamela, he celebrated as if he's the hattrick hero lol

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

locoxriver repped this.
  14. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Managed by Pochettino and Klopp, both of the Bielsa School. Only three English players between the midfield and attack of both sides: Kane, Ali and third-rate Milner.

15. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why are Liverpool favorites? Tottenham plays better football.

Just imagine what Poch could do with Argentina.

16. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool is only a point behind Man City in the league. Tottenham are 24 points behind them. Beat them head to head twice. Goal diff of +65 vs. +28. Liverpool also beat a bigger opponent in their semi. Plenty of reasons they are the favorite, not that Tottenham are any slouches.

locoxriver repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #8217 Rattlehead, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Nobody can blame anyone from refusing to coach a NT that didnt even pay their securities and the coach for almost a year. Remember what happened in middle of Copa? Tata said he hasnt been paid for almost a year and the securities knocked on Messi hotel room to tell him that they havent been paid! Messi even complained (he rarely complain publicly) on AFA flight delay that affected their training schedule ahead of the final. Can you imagine that kind of fiasco in middle of major tournament? how's its not going to affect the players and manager's mind?

No world class manager would be willing to join the AFA circus.

afar and Burr repped this.
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Spurs beat Ajax team by turning the deficit in one half and this Ajax team beat Real madrid and Juventus with CR on its rank. Barca reached semifinal by beating MU team that ranked 6th in the league and getting thrashed by mid table team. They also thrashed in similar fashion last season by Roma. They have been riding on Messi's back in last few seasons, not exactly a European superpower.

You mentioned they're behind City by 24 points but you forgot they're the one who eliminated City in CL.

Pipiolo repped this.
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's certainly possible for Tottenham to pull off the win, but imo Liverpool arrive as favorites. That doesn't mean the difference between the two sides is categorical, but the Reds appear to have a slightly better chance of lifting the trophy in my eyes.

Earlier I mentioned how crazy it is for Tottenham to make it to the final after finishing their group tied in points and goal difference with 3rd place Inter.... I just now realized Liverpool was in the same exact scenario in their group: same points and GD (9 pts, +2 GD) as 3rd placed Napoli. In the end both CL finalists advanced to knockouts just by scoring more goals than their opponents (which doesn't necessarily mean a "better" display over the 6 games since it also means they conceded more than the other team). Crazy stuff..

Burr repped this.
  20. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #8220 Pipiolo, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
    The league standing is definitely a valid point, however that's likely a case of more depth for Liverpool who have a bigger budget. However, I watched their recent league match at Anfield and Tottenham were vastly superior, Sissoko cost them the match with an extremely poor decision on an open play in the box when the score was 1-1. Son also hit the post while the game was level, in all one of the most undeserved wins I've seen this season.

Should Tottenham win the CL, Pochettino will have the clout to ask for a dual role as Argentina NT in addition to the club. He doesn't need the money, neither did Martino, although of course on principle the AFA has to pay them. In the meantime, Scaloni needs to call up Foyth to the Copa America, all of Pochettino's pupils come through in international tournaments.

Alongside him, the other great candidate for manager is El Muneco. I think he is pretty much done with River Plate, the NT would be the next step for him.

Pekerman repped this.
  21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Poch did say recently that he'd most likely to leave Spurs, win or lose. So who knows... but I highly doubt he'd ever coach the NT in near future. I'd pick Foyth as part of Copa squad aswell, regardless his recent recklessness. He's still needs to mature but the NT needs to introduce and let these younger players to have more experience in major tournament.

Side notes : Higuain is in Europa league final and he's going to show everyone he could score a winning goal (or simply proof himself as ultimate choker even after retiring from NT)

22. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
  23. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would like to see this line-up at the Copa:

Aguero - Messi
    De Paul - Palacios - Ascacibar - Lo Celso
    Tagliafico - Pezzella - Otamendi - Saravia
    Musso​

Bench:
    Andrada, Armani - Acuna, Romero, Kannamann, Mercado - Di Maria, Paredes, Zaracho - Dybala, Martinez, Icardi

Pipiolo repped this.
  24. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is Lanzini still injured? I think Pezzella may be out of the Copa America, I would move up Kannemann to replace him in the starting line up and bring in Foyth ahead of Romero.

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought De Paul was being linked to Napoli. Probably a better move for him. Lo Celso will be interesting.

Pezzella should be ready.