Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why couldn’t they just get a ticket to fly commercial rather than getting using a flimsy looking aircraft like this? He had apparently told a teammate about how his initial flight was terrible and he was scared, and was worried about going going on the same plane.

[​IMG]

I was reading about him joining Cardiff a few days back . I had never really heard of him until recently and thought maybe if he puts up some goals in the EPL he would get more recognition and move onto a bigger club.

Terrible news.

Rattlehead, locoxriver and Burr repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He had a very good showing yesterday. He was playing in the midfield(more or less) and provided assists for two goals and the second being a beauty. He could’ve had more, Cristiano was awful, missed a couple sitters, where Dybala provided him with a great pass and got his PK saved. Mandzukic is apparently out for an extensive period of time but Dybala was still playing further from goal, since their midfield is terrible and Dybala is forced to play there because they lack creativity from the middle.

Allegri after the match stated that he’s probably upset that he didn’t get a goal(he had one magical run cutting through defenders and almost got to the ball before the goalie) but praised him for playing so well. He shouldn’t have to be the key to open up the attack. He’s a forward. There are times when I watch Juve players look for Cristiano rather than Dybala and even though Dybala is a better position to score, he doesn’t get the pass.

his display from yesterday’s match.

Rattlehead repped this.
  4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely horrible news about Sala. :(

Turns out these flimsy travel arrangements aren't just limited to South America (Chapecoense).

SupaMario repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Probably simply to save time. The flight was direct from Nantes to Cardiff, a route I doubt any commercial planes take.

A real tragedy that serves as yet another lesson to never take anything for granted. Breathing's a privilege..

Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well said, loco. It really is heartbreaking, especially after hearing the audio of him on the plane talking about the plane is about to fall apart and telling his father that he is scared and he isn't sure if they'll find him if the plane goes down. :(

Moishe and locoxriver repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7582 SupaMario, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    It appears that Paredes will be heading off to PSG.

And... Inter are rumored to be negotiating for De Paul. But he won’t be joining until the summer.

8. tatoRMN

tatoRMN Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Georgia
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mammana and Driusi must flee from Russia as well.

locoxriver repped this.
  9. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Tomorrow is the Copa America draw

Pot A: Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay
    Pot B: Peru, Colombia, Chile
    Pot C: Japan, Paraguay, Venezuela
    Pot D: Ecuador, Bolivia, Qatar

My pick would be: Argentina, Peru, Japan and Qatar
    Worst: Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Ecuador

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd personally take Chile over Colombia or Peru....

Does anyone know if there's a rule to avoid the two AFC teams being placed in the same group?

11. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ah yes there is a rule that 2 AFC teams can't be placed in the same group

"Incluso en bolilleros distintos, Japón y Qatar, como selecciones invitadas, no podrán quedarse en un mismo grupo"

http://www.conmebol.com/es/mecanica-del-sorteo-de-grupos-de-la-conmebol-copa-america-brasil-2019

My new pick: Argentina, Peru, Venezuela and Qatar

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brasil
    Peru
    Japan(Large Japanese community in Brasil)
    Bolivia

Argentina
    Chile
    Paraguay
    Ecuador

Uruguay
    Colombia
    Venezuela
    Qatar

That’s how I see it going down.

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont remember the last time we actually lost at group stage. We beat Chile and Uruguay in last 2 Copa group stage.

I know lots of Argentines & Brazillian are into Japanese anime lol, I think Japan would be quite popular in SA

14. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    < Case in point, lol

Japan plays pretty attractive football. They were fun to watch last World Cup, beating Colombia and giving Belgium a scare.

I too would rather play Chile who seem to be at the end of their peak. We also beat them rather easily in group stage in last CA. The worry is meeting them in another final, lol.

locoxriver repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7590 Rattlehead, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Remember that Chile didnt score in 2 finals and won both. When it comes to a final , Argentina always makes its opponent looks like best defensive team of all time.

If we meet Ecuador in final, Im sure they'll look as good as Uruguay, Chile and Brazil. It just how Argentina perform in a final. Sadly.

We always play a final like we only have 15 minutes to win it. That said, if Argentina face Singapore in final, I'd still be worried.

Burr repped this.
  16. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's true. If we could just get over that hump once, even on a fluke goal or a controversial penalty, I feel like a lot more trophies would follow. It's all in our heads right now.

Rattlehead repped this.
  17. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    I hope we draw Japan or Qatar, i'm tired of playing Bolivia or Paraguay all the time.

I have a feeling we'll get Chile again too.

18. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Results of the draw.

Group A: Brazil, Bolivia, Venezuela, Peru
    Group B: Argentina, Colombia, Paraguay, Qatar
    Group C: Uruguay, Ecuador, Japan, Chile

Of course Brazil gets the easiest, but ours isn't too bad either. Group C will be interesting to see, Japan has a chance there if they bring a good squad.

Rattlehead repped this.
  19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Brazil has easiest group as expected but group B isnt bad. Obviously grouo C is toughest. I think Uruguay & Japan will through.

20. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What the hell is Qatar doing in this cup...

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Japan's a weird team: they could pull upsets at times, but they also struggle often. In the current AFC Asian Cup they're doing alright -- they're in semifinals, but all of their wins have been minimal one-goal victories against absolutely terrible sides like Turkmenistan, Vietnam, Oman, etc. (in the case of the latter two, they won only thanks to being awarded a PK). You'd expect muuuch more from them

I frankly don't see the Japanese making it out of a group that they share with Uruguay and Chile. However, as you mention they did beat Colombia in the World Cup (although that was more of a fluke due to Colombia getting a red in the 3rd minute and Japan winning a PK just 3 minutes after), and they also gave Belgium a run for their money in the R16, so who knows. Somehow they seem to grow for the tough games...

It looks like they have a friendly vs. Colombia in March. That'll be a good measure of their strength. They also face their first decent rival (Iran) in the AFC Cup on Monday, so we'll see what they're made of.

At the moment I think we all picture the two teams from Pots 1 and 2 advancing in each group (Brazil + Peru; Argentina + Colombia; Uruguay + Chile).... watch, we end up having a Qatar vs. Japan final :p

SupaMario and Burr repped this.
  22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They probably paid a bit of money to get a spot. Honestly, it makes sense, good experience for them given the WC they will be hosting in 3 year's time.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't forget 2 3rd placed teams go through to the KO round as well. I could see Japan going through. But it depends on what team they send.

Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True. I completely forgot about that. In that case I'd expect them to advance..

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a shocker. The the winner of Group A plays the third from B/C while the winner of group B plays the runner-up of group C.

It probably is better to be the runner-up of group B so then you can play the runner-up of group A.