Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi with goal + assist in Barca 2-1 victory.

2. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ouch. Foyth just had a huge gaffe with a needless turnover ending in a goal for Arsenal to put Tottenham down 3-2.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi was named the best player in the Serie A by his peers for the 2017-2018 season. 29 in 34. He also made the team of the season alongside Paulo. Icardi scored once again yesterday v Roma. He was rather poor to be honest, could’ve had multiple goals but scored on a great header. This season so far, he’s scored vs PSV, Tottenham, Barcelona, Milan, Lazio and now Roma. Clutch player.

Dybala picked up an assist for Juve’s and was pretty good but his numbers are clearly declining because of Cristiano. He doesn’t take the Pk’s anymore nor does he take many FK’s.

De Paul was being scouted by Inter over the weekend.

Mauri, the young midfielder from Milan has been getting more minutes. He apparently made an impact in their EL match and he started for Milan in the league match. The few games I recall seeing him play for Empoli he looked promising and Gattuso has given the youngster praise. Let’s see if he can a permanent spot.

Also the likes of Carrillo scored a brace over the weekend for Leganés, and Ansaldi for Torino.

locoxriver and Rattlehead repped this.
  4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  5. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another guy to consider?

Pipiolo repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Derby d'Italia. Dybala was quite poor. Juventus played with three up front, per usual and with this formation Dybala struggles . I don't see a change happening since Mandzukic is scoring. Dybala had misplaced passes, tried too much with little to show. He was subbed-off a little after the hour-mark and wasn't happy about it, again. He's got more CL goals this season than he has league, which is 2. That's the same amount of league goals as Lautaro who hardly gets real minutes.

Icardi got zero service from his teammates, none and was isolated the entire match. It is perhaps games like these that will push Icardi out of Inter. Lautaro came on for the last 15 minutes or so, he had couple miss kicks but it was a little too late for him to make any type of impact.

soul24rage repped this.
  8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #7483 Rattlehead, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    Messi scored twice from freekicks, he has 10 goals from freekicks in 2018 (so far). In last 4 years Messi has scored 19 freekicks for Barca, the closest is actually Dybala with 8 freekicks in those time span.

Here's Dybala freekick stats compare to CR in recent years.

Dybala = 40 attempts, 8 goals, 20% success rate
    CR = 64 attempts, 2 goals, 3% success rate

Technically, by ratio, CR is one of worst freekick takers of all time.

barcaq8, SupaMario, Burr and 1 other person repped this.
  9. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he does that really cool pose before he kicks! How is that possible?

Rattlehead and SupaMario repped this.
  10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Juve fans are calling him Wallnaldo.

Rattlehead and Burr repped this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He does that so the goalkeeper attention shift to him instead of the ball.

[​IMG]

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi was on target again today v PSV, however they were eliminated since they failed to defeat PSV at home and Tottenham got their result. Lautaro came on the last 20 minutes and missed an open chance and the Inter supporters are furious with him, which would’ve surely given Inter the goal to progress. His confidence must be shot and I don’t think he’ll get a ton of minutes and is out of form. Perhaps he even misses the CA. Dare I say we take Benedetto instead? @RiverGaucho?

P.S. Fatso has been awful as well so that rebuttal will fall short.

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can see Icardi moving next season. He's world best #9 right now. Win or lose, he scores most of the time. He also scored when Inter got thrashed 1-4 few weeks ago. I wouldnt rule out Lautaro as Inter still in very good position in the league. Some players can be unfit or injured or rested and he'd still get a playing time. There's stil another half of this season to play afterall.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala came on as a sub and nearly stole a point in the CL. Allegri being Allegri, an incompetent fool.

1072969668934004736 is not a valid tweet id

Burr repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you look how good Dybala and Icardi so far this season, its a footballing crime that they're left out in recent WC. Sure Dybala was there but only as a late sub and never part of the main plan (less than 20 minutes playing time).

Icardi obviously would have been in contention for CL top scorer but playing in a team that always inconsistent. Dybala only has 2 goals in serie A but 4 goals in 4 games in CL.

SupaMario repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala has 5 in the CL.

Icardi will have to leave if he’ll ever want to win anything. I doubt he’ll make the same mistake Bati did and stay with Fiorentina for too long.

As for suitors and only a few can really afford him.

I think Chelsea could be a destination, Sarri is admirer of his and knows him from the Serie A.

United could be another but I sense he’d rather be in London than be in Manchester. Well, actually his wife.

Real would’ve been a possibility but they are just dreadful right now and as long as Perez is there, I don’t see them getting rid of Benzema. That side seriously needs a complete overhaul. If that occurs, then Real will be in the hunt.

Atlético? I think they’re priced out.

Barcelona? I doubt it. There were talks that Suarez could leave but would Icardi fit at that side? He was with their B side as a youngster and was sold for 500k to Sampdoria. I bet they regret that snafu.

Juve- There were rumors that significant steps were taken for Juve to get his services over the summer. But apparently those fell through and perhaps it had a lot to do with Cristiano joining the side. But, this would be a huge betrayal for Inter. Their captain bolting to their rival. I think FCB would happen before this.

PSG- I hope not. No point of scoring 40 a season in a farmers league. There is nothing there other than money.

I don’t see him going to a place like Munich.

He and Dybala will need to make the choice and leave Italy. And who knows, they may end up being club teammates as well. That would be ideal and Lautaro can grow at Inter.

Rattlehead repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry my mistake, but Dybala's number certainly would have been much higher in the league if wasnt the obvious. Good thing he has been brilliant in CL.

I highly doubt Icardi will move to Barca. One of the reason he left Barca back then was because his style never really suit them. Icardi playing style is very direct. Barca style always demand every player including the forwards to drop deeper and involve in build up play.

I hope he doesnt join RM but Chelsea is possible destination. His wife certainly would love those media attention. Atletico would be great but as you said, how they're going to afford him.... I'm quite sure I read somewhere his buy out clause would be like €100 million.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Muller was sent off after doing this to Tagliafico
    [​IMG]

And Tagliafico got the last laugh by scoring Ajax late equalizer.

19. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Typical German player, a piece of shit.

20. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The German team that destroyed Brazil 7-1 is completely finished and disbanded. Muller looks a shadow of his former self, same with Kroos, Boateng, Hummels, Khedira, Neuer and Gotze. These guys are nowhere near as good as they used to be. Lahm and Klose have retired from football. Schweinsteiger and Howedes play in an irrelevant league. Ozil has quit the national team after everyone kept blaming for everything.

I actually think that Argentina’s new generation of young players is better than Germany’s.

Rattlehead repped this.
  21. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Germany was so overhyped that world cup. There performances weren't that good and Brazil simply self destructred. They were lucky in the final, argentina was a much better team.

Rattlehead repped this.
  22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apart from 2010, Germany mostly beat Argentina on luck. Matthaus did actually said Argentina was better side than Germany in 2014 final and he was watching from the stadium. Germany clear chances were completely minimum in that game. Matthaus also maintained that its not a penalty in 90 final, but he gladly take it because Germany has been a better team throughout the tournament.

People tend to forgot that they struggled mightily against Algeria, almost went to shootout.

23. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Half of that team played at the same team, Bayern Munich, just like Spain had 7 or 8 Barcelona players in 2010. Its obviously big adventage compare to other team who's player were scattered all over various clubs.

24. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That whipping of Brazil affected our mentality, we played them with way too much respect. Also, taking out Lavezzi for Aguero was Sabella's biggest mistake as NT manager.

afar repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We’ve got a young and hungry generation that do not have to carry that burden of recent failures. We should all look towards the future and not chase our ghosts.

Rattlehead and Burr repped this.