Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There will be at least a handful of friendlies before the CA. I wouldn't worry too much.

soul24rage repped this.
  2. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, and nonetheless they made the final against Russia now, advancing past Uruguay on penalties.

3. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

I, for one, think friendlies should be taken seriously, especially when we are trying to build a new team.

Gareca to renew with Peru - will not coach us.

soul24rage repped this.
  4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not now perhaps, but they will definitely need him at the CL.

5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some fringe NT players have made great managers, in particular Gareca, Martino and Pochettino.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am not sure if Inter need Icardi was a serious question... But lets put it this way, without Icardi, at best, they would've been a middle of a table team last season, and even now, they wouldn't make the CL without him. I am a big fan of Lautaro and his potential is sky-high but right now, Icardi is a 20+ goal scorer player, a two time Capocannoniere and he is only 25. Inter will need him game in and game out if they plan on winning anything.
    -----
    Speaking of the Serie A, for us in the U.S., there is some news about the matches and where they will air. ESPN has won the rights to air Serie A matches starting this season.

BeIN will no longer air the games and I am glad to hear that. At times, when there was a big match, like Inter-Napoli, BeIN would air Barcelona/ Real Madrid v a bottom feeder on their English and Spanish networks rather than the more high profile match.

So, ESPN will air the "match of the week" on ESPN or ESPN2 BUT with the subscription of ESPN+, which is 5 dollars a month, you can get unlimited access to all of the Serie A matches (And their other content from the network).

cigar_city repped this.
  7. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm sounds like I'll get to watch more Serie A then since I'm too stubborn to get BeIN.

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Armani was great today, probably should continue as the #1 for the seleccion.

9. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jourmeyman keeper, not good enough for the World Cup.

Rattlehead repped this.
  10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Perhaps you should begin watching him week in and week out. And I'd like to see a list of GK's you'd prefer.

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Goalkeeper case has been an odd one for Argentina. Romero has always been a journeyman's level at club football but has been the best goalie in last many years for Argentina, whether we like it or not, that's a fact. We even got out from group stage in 2011 Copa because he made some crucial saves.

I think most important part would be the defence itself as a whole. Sabella and Tata were able to made the defense solid thus we're able to progressed far in tournaement. We conceided just 3 goals in 2015, 2 goals in 2016 and 4 goals in 2014, and we played maximum number of games in those tournaments. We didnt have outstanding midfield at the time but defence has been solid.

France goalkeeper in recent WC was far from the best, conceided many against Argentina, conceided stupid goal in the final but they have strong midfield , better defense and played way better as a team than Argentina.

megamac20817 repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #6887 SupaMario, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    What a god damn goal by Lautaro. He and a Icardi are just great together.

Moishe, Burr, soul24rage and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Martinez already looking good for Inter.

14. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Goalkeepers is not a good position for Argentina at the moment, hopefully Rulli, Rossi and Werner come out strong this season. Below are thirty-two outfield players that should be the basis for this coming cycle.

Defenders: Bustos, Gomez, Mammana, Foyth, Pezzella, Kanneman, Quarta, Tagliafico, Acuna, Silva

Midfielders: Ascacibar, Paredes, Lo Celso, Caceres, G Rodriguez, Lamela, Lanzini, J Correa, Pavon, Cervi, De Paul, Barco

Forwards: Dybala, Icardi, A Correa, Martinez, Simeone, Alario, Driussi

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #6890 Rattlehead, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    4 goals already by Martinez before season even started. I think its very possible for him to outscore Icardi since he's capable to score "out of nowhere" type of goals.

I think our future team will have much stronger midfield than the 05-07 generations team. We;re not lacking of option this time unlike in last 4 years. Goalkeeper and defensive department would be still a be a problem though.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He will surely benefit by having Icardi in front of him or next to him. In that goal, Icardi dragged two defenders with him leaving Lautaro open to make a run.

Icardi played a full 90 minutes, and he looked a bit frustrated in the second half. He clearly misses his teammate Perisic, who is the man that provides Icardi with his service. Icardi had one great moment as he freed himself from the defender but Oblak made a good save.

As for the defenders and GK'ers... The positive is that there is the unknown. We won't know until we continue to try out players, which makes me enthusiastic. Pezzella should be one of the CB's, he is the captain for Viola and a player who will command respect. With Nico being a part of the defense and with Pezzella, there will be two born leaders protecting the fort.Finding a partner for Pezzella and finding a proper RB, then we will be okay.

As for the GK'ers. Armani is still our best goal keeper. If people watched or followed our league or the libertadores, they'd get a better sense of the type of player he is.

As for the likes of Werner, Rossi, Musso, Rulli... Werner, may get playing time for the newly promoted Huesca in La Liga. Newly promoted teams don't fair well but at least he will get some minutes(Hopefully). Also, Musso who has been given the #1 for Udinese but i am not sure if he will start either. Rossi, he will probably continue to back-up Andrada at Boca. Finally, we have to see how Rulli will bounce back after a horrific 2017-2018 campaign. He went from moving to Napoli at the start of the season to sitting on the bench by the end of it.

cigar_city, Rattlehead and locoxriver repped this.
  17. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    What are the chances of wanda jumping on lautaro's bandwagon too :D

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You got it wrong...

[​IMG]

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #6894 Rattlehead, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Messi retired from NT , although its certainly temporary. Next 4 friendlies would be entirely new squad, hopefully.

In 2016 Copa, he missed the first game, came late in second game, we still won those games before he came in. He's most likely to return 1-2 months prior to next year Copa.

Dybala, Paredes, Ascacibar, Martinez, Icardi , Lo Celso etc, the NT is exciting again.

Too bad Higuain has yet to retire from NT.

20. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is no point in Messi playing in these friendly games, what the hell would it prove. Now it's s time to give Dybala, Icardi, Martinez a go.

Burr repped this.
  21. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Panama game was looking more like draw than win before Messi came in.

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, they're leading before Messi came in.

23. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm mostly amazed we don't have to play him due to some contract about the friendlies.

cigar_city repped this.
  24. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And Panama was just about to get even.

barcaq8 repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good thing you were able to see the future there and notify Messi ahead of time..