Argentina : World cup 2018 Russia discussion

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Rattlehead, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Portugal are dreadful. Morocco by far the better team. Referees not clamping down on fouls. Ronaldo apparently the greatest footballer in history by scoring a free header. Awful player and character.

Pipiolo and Rattlehead repped this.
  2. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And Pepe as well. Disgusting footballer. Shame he won't get retrospective punishment for that acting. At last a yellow card. Amazing. Hope Croatia don't pull the same tactics and get away with it as did Iceland. Poor miss from Benatia.

Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL you guys are sad calling Ronaldo the luckiest of all time. He scored a great diving header in a world cup, what more can you ask for? He also put a perfect pass through to Guedes.

Also, I don't like him, but the game needs a villain and he is the ultimate villain IMO. Its great to have him in the sport. I just don't get the absolute hatred Messi fans have for Ronaldo or Ronaldo fans have for Messi.

The bottom line is, if either Messi or Ronaldo never existed, football would be a much worse sport. The Real Madrid-Barcelona rivalry would never have become as big a global derby as it has become. World cups have become more exciting. Portugal never did anything in a World Cup between 1966 and 2006, yet today everyone around the world is watching Portugal-Morocco, which would have been a game no one was interested in 20 years ago. Even the Figo, Pauleta, Rui Costa, Portugal teams were not as interesting or as much watch TV as this team is with Portugal.

Sure, those teams played better football, but the average fan is watching just to see what Ronaldo will do. Meanwhile, Argentina has and always will be must watch TV at world cup. Messi obviously helps, but Argentina was in the first Final and has reached 5 finals and everyone has always known we are one of the top 5 nations in the world

Burr and Siempre_Albiceleste repped this.
  4. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Some balance is needed when his fans think he's the goat.

Pipiolo repped this.
  5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course they are watching to see how many meaningless stepovers he does, looks up at the big screen in the stadium to see if he is being shown and countless free kicks hit into the wall.

It's a team game but he has such an unpleasant ego. I prefer players like Zanetti and Redondo. World class but humble with it.

He is in no way shape or form anywhere near to Messi as a player either. Anyone who understands football can see this.

cigar_city and Rattlehead repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #956 Rattlehead, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Yes, but Morroco suck upfront, they couldnt score from 5 yard. Portugal is not a team to fear with what they show in first two games. Pepe dive is just classic of him.

I really hope Uruguay will eliminate them if they end up facing them in second round.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I give credit to the narcissist diver who celebrates draws. He will indeed go down in history as the first round hero of this WC.

SupaMario and Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks for jinxing him, did nothing after the goal besides that nice through ball in the first half and the dives

9. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I so wish that Iran can beat Portugal and that Spain win both games to knock Portugal out but with the luck and some voodoo magic that Ronaldo has, I wouldn't be surprised to see Portugal win the WC. I expect them to reach the Semi at least with the way their luck has been going

10. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not yet, I think one of the Russian players may take it.

afar repped this.
  11. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Morocco deserved at least a point. Shame.

Ronaldo is a great finisher and he is in form. Give him props for that. He deserves the spotlight and plaudits for now.

cigar_city repped this.
  12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope they end up on our side of the draw. It would be so cool to eliminate them. First we have to get out of our group, though.

Pipiolo repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you mean being the top scorer, Spain has yet to play their second game and Costa scored twice. Off course he didnt seems to care when he was subbed out. Only CR prioritize hattrick and golden boots.

If CR doesnt score in the next game, and someone else gets a brace in next 2 game or hattrick, everything can still turn around in all sudden.

14. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It would be a dream to see Messi score a hattrick against Portugal haha but yes we have to get out of the group first

argentine soccer fan repped this.
  15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You have to admit that his dives were superb. :)

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #966 Rattlehead, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    You can see the difference... when Messi got 4 goals + 1 assist in first 4 games in 2014, those haters / media still claimed he's far from his best and something was missing in his playing... and that despite delivering 4 consecutive MOTM performances.

People use different standard when rating Messi.

When CR won CL in 2008, his fans must have forgot that he actually missed his penalties in semifinal and final. Scholes scored the winner in semifinal, all his teammates successfully converted their penalties. Who took all the glory? CR not Man U.

Burr and Pipiolo repped this.
  17. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We will get out of the group.

His goal celebration is overcooked and makes him look even more of a tw*t. People will cringe at it after the hype is gone.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd be happier if Messi doesnt score that many but Aguero or anyone else in the team scores. That would lift the preasure from the team, knowing they dont exactly need to reply on 1 player to deliver the result. If Sampa could get this team to really play as a unit , we can continue to progress without chasing meaningless golden boots.

Burr repped this.
  19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I also have never understood the Messi-Ronaldo hate. Sure, Ronaldo might be the Euro trash bolu people picture in their head when they think of most creepy Europeans, but at the end of the day the guy is a great talent, it’s just his on field persona some people don’t like. People will tend to support athletes like Messi and Federer who are silent killers.

And P.S., don’t get me wrong, Ronaldo is a giant nutcase, IMO, his inferiority complex is what has driven him in his career. He went from a skinny kid(who likely got picked on during his adolescence)
    , with acne, bad hair and teeth to a cyborg who cares about every facet about his image and results from his opponents when this is a team sport rather than a individual battle but hey, that’s Cristiano Ronaldo.

cigar_city and soul24rage repped this.
  20. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yes, I also think Messi wouldn't care if he didn't score any as along as Argentina wins the WC

21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Saudi keeper with Clown of the Tournament moment. Suarez off the mark.

Pipiolo and SupaMario repped this.
  22. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Despite the heat a terrible game. Uruguay don't look very threatening. Saudi Arabia still playing triangles in midfield during injury time while needing a goal.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can't imagine Iran being able to hold on playing like this...

24. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Iran doing an Iceland. Spain slightly better than us at moving the ball and working the width. End result the same.

25. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Imagine Spain getting a draw would make the last round of games tasty. We like Dybala said have to just focus on our match tomorrow.

SupaMario repped this.