Argentina vs England , Nov 12 [R] pre & post game notes

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by ElGaucho, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata
    Argentina vs England , Nov 12 [R]

Argentina fix date for friendly with England
    19 August 2005
    by Reuters

Enlarge Photo
    Photo Gallery

Argentina have arranged to play England in a friendly in Geneva on 12 November if Sven-Goran Eriksson's men have already qualified for the FIFA World Cup™ finals, the Argentine Football Association (AFA) said.

The match would serve as a warm-up for the finals in Germany in 2006, for which Argentina qualified in June with a 3-1 win over holders Brazil.

But if England have not qualified by that date and are involved in a two-legged play-off during November, Argentina say they will play another top European nation.

England and Argentina have a long history of footballing rivalry, including Diego Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal in the South Americans' 2-1 win at the 1986 FIFA World Cup quarter-finals in Mexico. More recently, England beat the Argentines 1-0 in the group stage of the 2002 finals.

The English Football Association would not comment on the AFA announcement. England are second in qualifying Group 6, two points behind Poland who have played a game more.

Eriksson's men, who were routed 4-1 by Denmark in a friendly on Wednesday, have four qualifiers still to play against Wales, Northern Ireland, Austria and the Poles.

2. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Re: Argentina vs England , Nov 12 [R]

bueno si se juega este partido Argentina le pintara la cara a estos mugrientos basura humana.... Jamas se puede dejar pasar una oportunidad para demostrales a estas cucarachas humanas que Argentina siempre sera papa de estos britanicos.....

3. DVN_

DVN_ New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA

love the educated response :rolleyes: , maybe if people weren't like you we could actually have better relations.

4. mime26

mime26 New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Boston

Jajaja! Solo asi se trata a los asquerosos ingleses.

5. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005

"Friendly" :D Beat those albinos lol.

6. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002

Awwww...bless...we've got your islands...

7. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London

be careful what you say rat, your biological father might be english.

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Leaving out all the smack, this should be one hell of a game, especially if both teams take their top players.

I think England is much improved over the 2002 team, with some of their young players having matured, like Lampard, and some new additions, like Rooney, who make them more dangerous.

And Argentina is now very different from the team which underachieved at the last WC. With Riquelme finding his role as conductor, and Mascherano emerging as a key midfielder, I think we are also stronger now. So it should be a very good matchup and definitely one worth watching.

9. Xeneize12

Xeneize12 New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    La Palma, CA

and yours German

10. DVN_

DVN_ New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA

haha

11. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005

lol :D

12. Godinho10

Aug 19, 2005

Am i the only one that keeps a straight face or look away when an english dud talks?lmfao :D gay accent.Sunbath a bit zombies.

13. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

¡Leyendo que los parecer del poste i usted son la cucaracha, idiota!

14. DVN_

DVN_ New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA

lol, i don't know if you butchered that in an attempt to offend someone or if u were trying to be comical. Made me laugh though :)

15. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002

Give us some sun and we do.
    And if we're talking about 'speaking' and whatnot - guess whose language we're conversing in, yep, the important one. We have a language. You're a bunch of mongrels.

...and we've still got your islands...must pee you off to know the type of people, with the qualities you listed - came half way round the world and kicked your lot off some rocks. How embarassing.

16. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

These rivalries are quite ridiculous. It's going to be an amazing match, as long as both teams consider it seriously. And I still can't believe it's going to take place about 40 km from my place!!! This is like a dream come true :)

Mariano

17. DVN_

DVN_ New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA

Must be embarassing that a bunch of farmers with pitchforks and muskets kicked you off an entire continent then? hmmmmm???? And also that we saved your little bum-bum in World War 2. English might be the world language, but you, my friend, would be speaking German. :D

(oh wait, i forgot about canada........nahhhhh)

18. ElGaucho

ElGaucho New Member

Aug 19, 2001
    La Plata

The only thing the British are good at is making tea and creating homosexual singers.

Mick Jagger
    David Bowie
    Boy George
    Elton John
    Freddy Mercury (yes I know he's Indian, but you turned him into a homo)
    George Michael (same problem as Mercury)

need I continue?

funny thing, they are the ones always collecting photos of Maradona kissing.

flaming homos...

19. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002

Nope - we'd be speaking Russian.
    Besides - the US (though why they come into a discussion between so called Argentines and a Britisher I would not know) showed up fashionably late - we'd already stopped the Germans trying to invade without too much bum-bum saving (hey Gaucho I thought we were the ones with a fascination of the posterior) in 1940.
    And if we're talking about the Argentines, well they deemed it fit to choose sides - the wise choice it turned out - but then when you decide which side to choose mid-way through 1945, it's not really that impressive. You then proceed to accept the waifs and strays of the 3rd Reich. Good on you Argentina. Well done. Truly a country of men.

And it's not that embarassing to be kicked of a 'continent' by 'farmers with pitchforks'. Well it would be if that was anywhere near the truth of the matter. With the French to help 'you' (inverted commas because trying to have a discussion about nationality with a combination of Americans and Argentines is somewheat difficult), the fact that Britian was engaged in activity elsewhere in the World and, well, the Empire got bigger after Britain let the American colonies go. Not really that embarassing.

Could have said Isandlwana....but then you didn't.

20. DVN_

DVN_ New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA

Are you even serious? I don't know what you british put into your history books, but don't even try to tell me that there was not much "bum-bum" saving. We sent you so much materials, planes, ships, equipment, food!.Heck we even sent you pilots to fly your damn planes. What are you talking about, don't give me this. This is accepted AROUND THE WORLD that we saved your damn assssssssses. Read a history book anywhere. unbelievable, just live in denial all you want, but we all know the truth, you don't fool anyone. You british are just too proud of your little island to think that someone could have saved you. And actually you would prob not be speaking german nor russian cause you'd be dead.

And as far as America goes, the excuse "we lost because we didn't care about america" ?!?!?! Lol, this is a typical response for any cornered soul who needs a quick excuse to get himself out of the mess he put himself in. Suprising how overused it is. And the French helping us? Do you have any idea when they came into the fight? The war was already decided by then. Might i ask, what other possesions did UK have anyways? Africa? Hmmm, looks like you had your priorities straight :rolleyes:

And i came into this argument cause the british seem to think they're all that. Someone needs to show them their place once in a while.

21. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002

Good to know the US PR machine is in full effect too.
    Works both ways little man. You think the US isn't going to 'big' itself up?? What I like to do is to slightly dlute the American lust to have saved everybody from everybody else in WW2. Britain held up rather better than most people give it credit for an I have heard far too many Americans belittle the effort this country actually made. Notice I do not go to the extremes you like to go to. Yes I'm glad we had the US on our team, much as I am glad we had the Russians on our team, but the Americans make rather more of it than they need to sometimes.
    I notice how none of the mud-flinging directed at Argentina wasn't deflected, which is, essentially why I'm here.
    This is the Argentine board right? And I was responding to a comment made about cockroaches etc.

And yes - I can infact back-up everything that was said by me. But I'd rather not as it would turn into an awful lot of typing and frankly if I thought you were worth that I'd do it.

How old are you? You sound rather immature. Hell even Gaucho can come up with better stuff than this - you sound like you're having a fit.

22. DVN_

DVN_ New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA

The problem is with you. I can't stand people who are full of themselves and think their countries are perfect in every way. I'm not saying UK didn't do anything, i'm just saying that discarding what the USA did is a joke, and since you did i'm assuming you are the immature one here. And Russia saved you too. Basically, if it weren't for USA and Russia you would not be British right now, and there is no denying that. I don't care what you say, if you had not been helped TREMENDOUSLY you might have an argument, otherwise please find some other uneducated fool you can try and convince that u are correct.

And i came here because you seem to want to bully other countries with history, while this is a soccer forum, so don't tell me that you are confused as to why i would bring up something irrelevant. I'm just following you. And by the way, you may have noticed i'm American, but Argentina has a hell of alot better soccer team than you.

23. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002

Just for the record I did not 'discard' what the US did - no-one in this country does or indeed actually can. That is why you have no idea of my mindset when typing these little posts. We know everything the US did - hell we've only just finished paying for it as a nation, I gather the debts were paid off a couple of years ago. I'm fully aware and grateful - just can't stand it when the US' own PR machine goes into full swing and talks everything else down. (if it was done to 'save our asses' then why didn't it happen sooner? Had plenty of oppportunity to do so if that was the motive for joining in. But it wasn't was it? It was Hitler's fault for declaring war on the US after the Japanese had bombed Hawaii and after the US had subsequently declared war on them)
    And don't do the 'if it weren't for blah and blah blah'.....we can all play that game....if it wasn't for the fact that the British had made such a damn good job of setting up a country that counld infact make it on its own, the US wouldn't exist. Hell, we could have be colonial, masters in the shape of Belgium or France, but no. As i said - many things can take that argumentative route.

Not according to the last WC result sonny...

So you're American supporting both Argentina and Germany....sure you're proud of your country. And what a combination, Argentines and Germans! Well as I explained before, not that weird a combination really if one remembers post WW2.

I came here to berate 'the enemy'. 'The enemy' in both ludicrous smack talking terms (the Falklands conflict) and in terms of the upcoming (possibly) football match. I had a link, you did not. Only an American would start on an 'ally'.

24. DVN_

DVN_ New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    USA

Since you like history....

not according to history son.

And i'll be the first on here when we see what happens in Germany next year.

25. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002

Well how unfortunate for Argentina that the history of football doesn't matter one iota to the history of the world which is infinitely more important.

Edit - and back on topic....will be a good game should it happen. Hopefully we'll have banished james from the squad by then. It's kind of like the situation in late 80's in the US when Quayle was a heartbeat away from being the most powerful man in the world. James is currently just a small injury away from being the number one keeper for us at the WC.