Argentina Mercado de Pases Invierno 2013

Discussion in 'Argentina: Clubs' started by RiverGaucho, Jul 2, 2013.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So the season ended, and as is the case with Argentine football, we only have one month before the season kicks off on August 4th. I am making this thread so we can discuss the transfer season for the Primera Division for all clubs, not just River and Boca. Here, River and Boca fans can also discuss the transfers of those two clubs in a peaceful manner without having to go to each club's board.

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The first interesting signing that caught my eye was ex-San Lorenzo striker Carlos Bueno has signed for Martin Palermo's Godoy Cruz after spending last season with la U de Catolica de Chile:

http://www.ole.com.ar/godoy-cruz/bueno-para-el-loco_0_947905468.html

I haven't seen any of Bueno during his time in Chile, but it was only a year ago when he practically single handedly saved San Lorenzo from going to the B against San Martin and then Instituto, so I think the Uruguayan will be a great signing for Palermo's side, who are going to start this season very low in the promedios.

Bostero818 repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, in a late twist, Carlos Bueno won't sign with Godoy Cruz and he is actually now a Belgrano player. He even had his first practice today

http://www.ole.com.ar/belgrano/pierde-tiempo_0_950305222.html

This just goes to show you can't believe anything this time of year until you see a guy wearing the jersey.

4. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Emmanuel Mas who was wanted by River has joined San Lorenzo for eight million pesos. Elizari so good at Quilmes in the final has also joined el Ciclon

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like they're about to seal the deal on Cauteruccio as well. Good pick up.

CASLAs going to have an interesting team next season.

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Other news --

Chucky Ferreyra is leaving to Ukraine for 9m euros. Bad news for Velez, who I imagine will have a tough time replacing him.

German Montoya has joined Colon.

Leandro Somoza will be signing with Lanus as a free agent. I'm sure Boca fans are happy. :D

Zapata from Belgrano, who's familiar with la b, has joined Independiente.

Lisandro Lopez, one of the most solid defenders in primera in recent years, has finally left Arsenal and is on his way to Portugal to join Benfica

7. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Any info. you guys can share on him? From what I hear he is highly rated.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn.. Duvan Zapata is leaving Estudiantes to go to the West Ham for $10,000,000. :eek:

I guess it isn't fair to judge him without seeing him play week-in and week-out, but from what I've seen from the Colombian it didn't appear he was close to anywhere near that amount.

9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is a good solid defender as good as their is in primera but only played for a small defensive club unlike Benfica who like to attack.
    He will do well but probably six months to assimilate

10. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Surely as he is nowhere near a regular Colombian international he will get an English. Work. Permit.

11. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Thanks. Future NT material?

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    With a reasonable DT, he would have been on the NT long ago. Sabella has been picking far inferior players simply bc they play for/have played for his former team Estudiantes (Desabato, Basanta, Rojo all terrible players)

Its probably impossible for him to break into Sabella's plans considering how rigid he is with selections, but if I were picking a 23 man squad he'd be there no doubt.

benficafan3 repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lautaro Acosta returns to Lanus after a frustrating spell at Boca:

http://www.ole.com.ar/lanus/Vuelvo-casa_0_954504734.html

He was a champ there in 2007, the only title in the club's history. Also has an olympic gold medal, amazing he didn't do better at boca, though bianchi is mainly to blame for that by using him out of position.

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    locoxriver repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting transfer market so far.. a lot of changes going on in practically every team.

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well after Grondona's absurd rule where you can only bring in 2 reinforcements during summer (it used to be 4) it makes sense there would be a lot of movement.

But yea, there is alot of movement. So far, I think San Lorenzo has reinforced itself the best. Cauterrucio is a good forward and Elizari is a very good 10

Its also interesting that no team has been dismantled. I'm very surprised for example that Racing hasn't sold any pibes. I think the economic crisis in Europe is a having a big effect on the market in arg

17. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Luis Farina went to Benfica apparently.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Smart sale by racing. By far the worst/least important of the Vietto, Zucculini, De Paul, Centurion group. They won't miss fariña at all, he's an average player. The rest are possible cracks

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Nacho Scocco could be heading to Internacional de Porto Alegre for $6,000,000.

http://www.ole.com.ar/newells-old-boys/Scoccinho_0_958104398.html

Low number for one of the best players in the continent, especially when compared to the $$$ paid recently for a nobody like Duvan Zapata ($10m). :rolleyes:

Newell's will have a hard time replacing him. I don't know what other forwards they're looking at, but apparently David Trezeguet is close to signing.

As for Inter, their attack will be deadly: D'Alessandro, Scocco.. add Forlan, Leandro Damiao, and possibly Saviola to that list as well. :eek:

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    locoxriver repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I was surprised Lanus sold him, although he is much older than I thought (he turns 35 in less than 2 months).

However, forwards that do well at other clubs have a history (curse?) of absolutely failing at Racing -- Jose Sand, Carlos Luna, Javier Campora, Hernan Barcos, to a certain extent Hauche.... the list goes on. We'll see how Regueiro does.

22. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hate seeing so many Argentinian talent leave for Brazil. I'm no nationalist (I'm not Argentine after all), if anything I want to see more intermingling between South American leagues, but it's embarrassing that the Brazilian league gets stronger by the day and while Argentina is getting their talents pillaged not only by Europe, but Brazil now. If Atlético come back, it'll be 4 Brazilian winners in the Libertadores in a row.

SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So the highest paid player in Argentina has moved clubs. Who is it you ask? Riquelme? Trezeguet?

NO El Pepe Sand has joined Tigre.

http://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-primera/Racing-peor-carrera_0_958704332.html

What a horrible signing he was for Racing. First game, missed to penales and never recovered. He's got to have the best agent in the world, he was apparently the highest paid player in Mexico when he was there to...

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    cigar_city repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member