Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Interesting figures. Yeah, I would like to see us have a window at least in the range of what Barca has had (spending around 400 mil, bringing in around 200 mil from sales)

Sell 2 of the BBC, and bring in Lewandowski and one of Hazard, Dybala, or Neymar although the latter I think is definitely out of our reach.

2. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I would go for Lewa over Kane although I feel some are being a bit harsh on Kane. What's he's done in the PL the last few years is astonishing.
    Those that have said that he is just a poacher haven't really watched matches, let's be honest. He is far more that that.

The problem is if we keep Zidane, you can all forget about this. Benzema and Ronaldo will be the forwards.

3. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    A proper CF who works for the team would do wonders for the squad. It's time, well past time we had that.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He definitely does not want to be the third guy! It has been the races between Messi and Ronaldo too long. I called him the crowned prince who could not wait to be the King.

5. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Ronaldo (R9): "Neymar will be the best in the world, and Real Madrid needs the best player."

Of course it doesn't mean anything, but it's still nice having old stars championing us around.

6. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Break the bank for Neymar, Griezmann and Alisson. Screw the rest. They all we need (plus another defender). Suck an egg if you disagree. :v

7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Griezmann is definitely good value for that money ( 100 M). Hazard is 27 and would cost upwards of 150 M so I'd pass on that. Lewandowski can't coexist with Ronaldo. Kane is way too overpriced.

Getting 26 yo(soon 27.. ) Griezmann for 100 M and 24 yo Dybala for 150 M ~ ( fallen out with Allegri) would be some good business. Both are marketable players, especially Dybala. Sterling and Salah options for the right side.

8. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Hope James is brought back this summer; not sure why he was ever loaned out. It would be disappointing to see him sold.

9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't see that happening but you never know. He's doing pretty good in Bayern and they can sign him cheaply.

Deep Pal, Anon., temesgen and 1 other person repped this.
  10. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    If it was Liverpool or Dortmund, sure, but it's PSG.
    We should have bought him last summer when he was available.

I'm not even sure that's possible. We might have an agreement that despite being on loan he's already sold to Bayern, just like Mbappe to PSG.

11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    On solely this point alone Lewa may not have won the CL but he has won titles , he has played in winning teams,( not just games but trophies) he understands the pressures of a big club, and he performs against the best more often than not. again I say, stats never paint the whole picture
    Agreed, Benz does do the job of working for the team, the problem IMO is he is too lazy and he doesn’t actually do the “CF” part very well, he actually seems shot shy nowadays and does not hustle enough, pass pass pass to Ronaldo, wash rinse and repeat. time to move away from that

Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As 4x4s has mentioned before, Neymar was never gonna join RM directly from Barca. He is too fragile to deal with that kind of hostility unlike Figo. He wasn't an option last year or now due to PSG.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Giggs on Kane:

"When a player goes to a team where they are going to be competing for leagues and trophies, you go up another level," said the Welsh boss on Sky Sports.

"But winning things with a club where you have come through the ranks is different and more special, so you prefer to do that, especially with a brilliant manager and the new stadium coming.

"He might also be looking abroad, and maybe seeing what Bale has achieved in winning three Champions League titles with Real Madrid.

"http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2018/02/08/5a7c318646163f75068b4631.html

14. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Kane = Michael Owen

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not sure that's a bad thing as long as Kane isn't homesick. Owen's numbers were good in the unfair minutes he got. He just didn't get to start due to Raul enjoying the same status of Benz today. His performances off the bench finally forced Luxemburgo to bench Figo and start Owen alongside R9 and Raul. We played pretty well in the 2nd half of that season including the 4-2 win against Barca.

Owen came for cheap as his contract was running out. Kane will cost 16x more maybe.

Deep Pal, Shay Z, Anon. and 5 others repped this.
  16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Owen was a sensation for England at the 98 WC and had won the Balon d’ Or before joining Madrid.
    Big difference to Kane in my opinion.

Deep Pal, HZinho, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #93 Ayayain, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    I don't believe it at all. Neymar is sh*tting all over FC Barcelona since he decided to leave. Just yesterday, there was another news about how he pushes FIFA to punish Barca, and make them pay +26M to him. In the same filled complain, he even asked UEFA to ban Barca from CL (AS). He also publically said Bartomeu doesn't deserve to be the president.

If we had shown up, in my opinion, we would have had a chance.

But we will never know as there's ZERO news about us making any move on him last summer. Not even any "secret hidden meeting".

And the all supposed "friendship with messi not allowing him to join RM" that madrid medias use doesn't make any sense when they try to argue that now it's ok but last summer it wasn't. If it really exists, then there's no difference between last summer, and now, meaning Neymar won't join us anyways.

There's so many things that don't make any sense in the explanations / pathetic excuses on "why we didn't sign him last summer" that it becomes hard to believe it.

The most simple explanation is that we didn't show any interest in him last summer, plain, and simple. /Occam's razor

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's not about loyalty to Barca. But being treated like public enemy number one. Clasico was stopped halfway due to crowd violence towards Figo, all kinds of stuff thrown towards him while taking corners, pig's head saga. R9 left Barca and didn't face any hostility as he played for Inter in between. Figo couldn't even visit Barca without heavy security for years. Dunno if he still can. Neymar is such a chicken to risk going through half of that.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  20. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Then a year difference makes no difference.

If it's the excuse for not going after him last summer, then he will never join us.

My personal opinion is that this excuse doesn't make any sense.

And I don't believe that neymar is anywhere close to that as he said himself a week ago in France. He doesn't care to be hated or tackled, if you do it, he will taunt/bait you even more.

And he's a south american. He knows what it is to be hated. Some people here seem to totally ignore how football is there. Meeting clubs, and fans that are declared enemies, he knows how it is. Having people invade the pitch, he knows what it is. Having people insult you, having players trying to hurt you, all that he knows, and he never "fled" from it.

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I assume you are saying this in a derogatory way which shows how little you know about this club and football in general.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Florentino is the one who would never do something hostile like that again. If he still had that killer mentality instead of the "kumbaya-my-lord, I wanna be everybody's friend" mentality then we probably would have went for Neymar.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and Ayayain repped this.
  23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For those saying get Griezmann and Dybala, who would be our main target upfront?

We need a striker

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema, duh.

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yeah basically + Cristiano.
    It is more likely for Bale to leave in the summer than it is for Benz.