Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Hes a number 9 which is what we want and strong in in the box. Winds me up when hes young and not too expensive in the current market

2. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's funny and sad. in couple season we lost James,Mariano,Morata, now Cristiano. it's probably 50/60 goals betweeen them. And replaced them with... nothing. astonishing.

Shay Z, Anon., YOUNGSTARS87 and 5 others repped this.
  3. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats the market today, deal with it.

If your priority is not titles but development its not a problem.

Prit Javier repped this.
  4. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Doesn't sound like a wage problems to me.

From the same Vasilyev's interview:

"Florentino tells me I had the choice [to sell Mbappe to RM] but I reply to him that it was Mbappe's choice. To wich he always tells me: "Vadim, you didn't sell Kylian to me..."."

(RMC Sport)

I won't post all the transcript of the video interview, but 1/ Vadim was not joking when replying, 2/ all the interview is like that, no wages talk. It's presented as if the two offers to the player were equal, but he didn't choose us.

It isn't logical. If it was a wages problem, Florentino would not accuse Monaco for failing to sign Mbappe. He would just say PSG's money is too much to compete with.

Remember that the wage's excuse was the spanish medias reported story. Never once that version of the story appeared in french medias or spoke from monaco's people mouth.

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah maybe, just maybe, he chose to stay in France again. Remember he's turned us down twice.

Ahmadi8 and S1na repped this.
  6. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    #9781 Ayayain, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Not perfect translation but I won't have to do it. More about Vasilyev, still no wage talk:

Edit: Removed Ultra_Suristic twitter posts, because I have rewatched the videos, and two quotes he reported are not present in the video.

The "friend clubs" Vadim talk about are "RM, and PSG" though, not "RM, and Monaco".

Sure of that because it's discussed by RMC journalists after the EU Supercup game.

We're supposedly PSG's best friend.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I think everyone knows Mbappe and his family decided to stay in Paris and not rellocate to Madrid.
    Why are we bringing this up again?

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Many feel it was Floro's fault

9. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    Not everyone at all.

Most of us (RM fans) still believe the spanish medias version. Just check social medias, and you'll see. Just check this very thread. Every time we discussed it, most people believe it was a wages problem.

That too. But it isn't in the end.

I believe offers (fee/wages) were the same but he didn't pick us.

That's on him though, good luck winning CL with PSG.

He could have been Ronaldo's successor. He refused it.

Maybe he was just scared to compete with the BBC since the WC was one year later.

There's still some mystery. We still don't know exactly why he didn't choose us over PSG. Maybe somebody will spill the bean someday.

10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    The spanish media is full of s***..
    People believe what they want to believe and if their mind is set on that idea it wont change.

11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Monaco didn't want to sell to PSG initially. Flo probably hoped they'd be more firm. Utd offered more money for Bale, but Levy preferred selling abroad. Key difference was Bale wanted to join RM as well.

Also Modric tried to force a move in 2011 with Utd and Chelsea bidding for him. Levy said no chance. A year later he moved to RM snubbing PSG and Carlo. So Flo benefitted from getting his targets in the past due to selling club not wanting to sell to a top 4 competitor.

12. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Monaco should have just refused PSG's offer if it was the same as ours. Why sell your best player to a rival in the same league?

13. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    French medias version from LEquipe:

- Monaco refused to sell to PSG.
    - Asked by PSG to resolve the problem, Pini Zahavi then asked Russian friends to convince Dmitri Rybolovlev (Monaco's president).
    - They don't know what's the deal, probably something not football related, but even a close friend of Rybolovlev, Roman Abramovich, was included in the discussion.
    - That's Rybolovlev that had the final word. Vasilyev was always against it, but he couldn't go against his president.

14. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I modified my post with twitter links above because the two following quotes are fake. Dunno where Ultra Suristic got them, but after double checking Vadim never said that last night:

15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Players have will you know..they are humans, not videogame characters

16. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He is @Zizou2017
    :D

17. Wolfdude

Wolfdude Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 27, 2017
    Things getting worse between Mourinho and Pogba, to the point where Mourinho told him if you want to leave, ask for a transfer. Would love to get Pogba, but something tells me he'll end up in Barca.

18. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Now it is useless discussing fate of missed opportunities but see what can be done now....need a goat seriously assensio or Isco would not serve purpose as it very clear from game and also a class CB is needed

1. Main striker not backup lets Benzema be back up (goat)
    2. CB it looks very need it ASAP

Is lost of Super cup mean we would not compete club World Cup?....someone please explain if that so it is big lose

19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Radio Taronja Valencia will not ask Rodrigo Moreno's penalty clause of 120 million euros and his price for Real Madrid will be 80 million euros. https://t.co/Idn41hFKf6

As expected Valencia wants to cash in on him. He's 27 and his value won't go any higher. They signed Denis on loan and made other moves suggesting he's up for sale. I think Valencia will get desperate if there are no offers and agree to sell for 60 M plus 5 variables.

20. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    60-80m for Rodrigo lol what has the world come to

21. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    This dude Ayayain has been posting Mbappe/Neymar news multiple times a day for about a year now. Jesus Christ, dude.

Every day is some confidential translated meeting from a French newspaper.

Who the ******** cares, let’s move on.

Eddie repped this.
  22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Mbappe blues is extra hurtfull after shitstorms like yesterday.

23. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We should do the difficult task and fix the defence. If we didn't dominate the league with prime Ronaldo, we won't do it even with Mbappe. Unless we get organized in defence.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  24. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Why should we fans care if the club pays 30, 50 or 80 ME? It’s not like you will pay it out of your own pocket. Rodrigo is a good player to bring in and there are not so many forwards available. He knows the spanish league and he is from the academy. So what does it matter?

Drouchk repped this.
  25. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    If Lopetegui wants Rodrigo i also want him here. The manager should have the players he want.

Hendrix22 and Drouchk repped this.