Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    This incorrect because when other clubs can force their players to honour contract why not us.

2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius also sucks. Zero achievements

3. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    I want to say Perez enougn of charity now do some serious business.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I said he would regret it. Not closing that transfer will hurt us for a while.

The irony that the transfer fee people thought was crazy and the wages people said were easy too much are now a bargain...... will never ever be lost on me or any of you no matter how much you stick your heads in the sand about last summer like an ostrich. :mad:

-Reivax- and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The wages were too much.

Prit Javier and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yet one year later those wages look like a deal.

If PSG were to sell us Mbappe tomorrow Florentino would gladly offer him at least Griezmann money.

Perspective.

We lacked it. Ironic that historically we were the ones who have always had it and adapted before losing out. This time not so much.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  7. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One year later, we're talking about a player who was excellent for a full season with PSG and then a star at the world cup. It's a different scenario altogether.

Shay Z, Ahmadi8 and 9Qui repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah because of shortsightedness.

He was tremendous, if you needed him to win a WC then that's your problem.... and apparently Florentino's.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Gone over the last 2 seasons:

Cristiano
    Morata
    Mariano
    James
    Kovacic
    Pepe

Replaced with...

Mayoral
    Vinícius
    Ceballos
    Llorente
    Vallejo

Lord help us.

Raul-7, W8W8 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Only Mayoral is not good from the second list. The others are fantastic prospects. Add Rodrygo and Odegaard to that list too. Its true we made mistakes but these youngsters are definitely something that gives hope.

Not to mention we can have James, Mariano and Kovacic back next season

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maxi Gomez would be huge. It doesn't even seem like we are interested which is concerning

Saeta Rubia and 2Magia2 repped this.
  12. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Yep. I dont think the club is considering Tier B strikers. It seems they have decided its either a Mega crack or a Prodigy. We missed out on Jovetic last summer who would have been perfect. Now Maxi gomez..

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Flo travels with the team and looked sad after the final. He lost an International final last in 2000, I think. If he felt the same hopelessness when Mayoral came on regarding the tie, don't know what else can convince him to get a decent striker on loan at least.

Wonder where Odegaard is getting loaned out next. Championship and Dutch league rumours doesn't sound good to me. Actually, I'd rather have Odegaard as a false 9 than play Mayoral. At least our link up play will be good and Ode has technical skills at the level expected at RM. Interms of rawness, Mayoral isn't much different. Just way less talented. If Flo is OK to see Mayoral coming on while chasing games, might as well back the youth movement and keep Ode.

14. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    You only joined yesterday... :whistling:

PigBenis, Shay Z, sneakking and 11 others repped this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #9765 Eddie, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    After last night's game i think it's clear that we have a strong starting 11 that can go head to head with the best out there but our bench is weak.

Defense

I think we need another LB immediately, Reguilon is talented but he should be loaned out just like Theo. We need someone with at least some experience behind them. I think it would be a very big help to us because Marcelo could also play in a more advanced position in case we need a LW. I know it's not his best position but he could make it work there and honestly he could use the competition and it the rest would benefit him. I would go for either Ricardo Rodriguez or Gaya. We have to take into account that Nacho can also play as a LB, so in the end it's not the worst idea to keep Reguillon registered to Castilla and use him if needed and play Nacho there.

We have Courtois on the bench and Odriozola to challenge Dani, which i think will benefit everyone. Last night our defense, all 5 of them, had the worst performance i've seen from a top teams defense in years. I don't expect that to happen again in this season. Of course there's gonna be mistakes by a player but the chances of seeing chain of mistakes like last night are very slim.

Midfield

Midfield is fine. Kroos, Casemiro, Modric, Isco, Ceballos for 3 positions is good depth. Then you also have the likes of Llorrente who can hold their ground if needed but he's only a replacement for Casemiro, i wouldn't trust him replacing others. It's one area where signings are not an emergency. The only way a signings would make sense is if we don't sign a winger and use Isco there more often.

Attack (priority)

I'm fine with Karim being the starter and i believe that he's gonna have a good season but he does need a replacement and that has been case for years now. Imho that's one of the biggest mistakes the club has made. We have Bale, Asensio and Benzema who could all to some extent play in that position but it would be very good for our depth if we added another forward, i would also be fine with another winger. I don't know if he's available but somehow Martial fits both those roles perfectly and i think he would be the ideal signing right now. Maxi Gomez is also a guy i like a lot and believe he could be very useful. LV as we all know is also a super player to have as a sub.

We saw yesterday for a few minutes that JL is gonna use Isco as a LW so he can cover for Asensio/Bale and he can even play as a false nine.

Mayoral and RDT need to be sold or loaned out.

tldr:

I've said before that i am fine with this being a transitional season, or call it whatever you want but you get the point. But with a couple of signings we could drastically improve the squad. Even if both those signings cost us 100-120M, it wouldn't be too much to spend on 2 players. I still don't feel we need to spend 200M on Hazard because we have a very strong starting 11, with that kind of money we could add insane depth to our team.

My priority right now, taking into account availability and price of players would be Martial.
    Players in:

Rodriguez or Gaya for LB
    Martial or Maxi Gomez for attack

Players out:
    Mayoral - sold, no buyback needed.
    RDT - loan him out or sell with a buyback option
    Reguillon - loan.
    Vinicius - loan

Starting 11:

Courtois
    Dani Ramos Varane Marcelo
    Kroos Casemiro
    Modric/Isco
    Bale Benzema Asensio
    Ideal Bench:
    Navas, Nacho, Odriozola, Rodriguez/Gaya, Ceballos, Lucaz Vazquez, Martial/Maxi Gomez.

We can only use 6 subs so we're gonna have some trouble with the above, but i'd be fine with it as long as it doesn't cause locker room drama.

temesgen repped this.
  16. Mbappe2018

Mbappe2018 Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Aug 15, 2018
    Because he is too selfish with the ball lyon did way better without him on the pitch than with him, him and depay hate each other guts even traore prefers to play with depay.

You think cristiano tantrums were bad imagine his showing how not happy he id whenever a teammate doesn't pass to him but he shoots from impossible angles.

Don't want that he is not even that good i prefer martial who is a team player and could seriously elevate our attack in this possession based game of ours now.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As far as I understand, Real Madrid has negotiated, at least, with three strikers. Here you have read from the first day that Lopetegui wants a forward and in the club they see it necessary. It would be hard for me to believe that a striker does not come before August 31st.

18. AutomaticSnake12

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 20, 2017
    Damn i hope the Pogba to Barca dont happen because we gonna get more melted this season. With the previous signings of Dembele, Coutinho and now Vidal, Malcom... not to mention they already had Suarez, Messi.... holy jesus. Not saying Pogba is Modric level, of course not, but Barca are making lots of big signings while we signed kids who are still green. Did anyone see Vinicius in the supercup? I saw some black kid in the bench covering his face all game, thats about it. Nice job Florentino and staff, signing kids who dont play. Maybe they can help Castilla xD.

Hey Benzeflop scored a header. I can't wait for his goaless streaks this season. He will ask... where is CR7 to fill in my goals?

Oh and what a cluster******** or goalkeepers we have. Like what in the world is the directive board doing? How the hell is Casilla still in the team... i swear if Courtois is not main 11 for all important games this Julien guy is a retard.

W8W8 repped this.
  19. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    There is still time to make some changes. The GK position is solid. Keylor and Courtois competing for the starting position will make them both stronger. Lunin should be loaned out to play regularly. Sell Kiko and keep Luca Zidane as third choice keeper.

Defense is a bit tricky. I feel the starters (Marcelo - Varane - Ramos - Carvajal) are pretty solid. But after we loaned Theo, I feel we need a backup LB. I don't know if Reguilon is reliable enough just yet. Nacho can cover at LB but if he does that we will need a new CB because Vallejo is always injured and unreliable. RB position is solid, Odriozola can win the starting spot if Carvajal doesn't get his shit together. He has been in very bad form for a while now. I feel a new defender is needed, a CB or a LB. Depends on what position Nacho will be covering.

Midfield is our best area. Modric, Kroos and Casemiro are as solid as it gets. We also have Isco who can play in both midfield and attack. This will be Isco's make or break season. I feel that there is a realistic chance that he will be sold if he doesn't finally reach his ceiling. He is 26, he is supposed to be entering his prime, but he has been very inconsistent so far. I think this season is his last chance to prove his worth. Backup midfielders are solid too. Dani Ceballos has tons of potential and can step up in a big way when needed. I think he will surprise us pleasantly this season. Marcos Llorente is a decent backup/bench player but nothing more. I think we should keep Valverde with the first team this season, he is a decent backup player as well and has potential. Asensio can also play in midfield if needed. I really hope James returns to Real after his loan ends next summer, he will feel like a new signing.

Attack is our weakest area. Bale and Benzema are good enough but we can't rely solely on them. We have no options on the bench. Nobody to come on and change the game if we are down. I expect big things from Asensio this season. Lucas Vasquez is our only pure winger. I don't know what to expect from Vinicius just yet, I think he is too young and we shouldn't overburden him with responsibility in his first season. Raul de Tomas is a third choice forward at best. Borja Mayoral is a joke at this point and he isn't going to cut it here. He isn't a Madrid level player. A new forward option is needed badly.

In summary, sell the dead weight - get rid of Kiko Casilla, Fabio Coentrao (he is still on this team lol), loan or sell Mayoral, dude isn't going to cut it. Maybe keep Raul de Tomas as a backup, or maybe sell him as well. Loan Odegaard and Lunin. Get a new CB or LB, depending on which position Nacho will cover. I'd take someone like Matthijs de Ligt at this point. I also like Lucas Hernandez but that isn't going to happen. Get a new forward as well. I like Icardi but I know people on here don't really rate him. Plus his buyout clause expired and I'm not sure how realistic this transfer is now. I also like Dybala, but that obviously isn't happening as well. Someone mentioned Maxi Gomez and I like him as well + he is relatively cheap. But I don't think the club is even thinking about him. I will be in full panic mode if the transfer window ends and we go into the season with the current attack...

[​IMG]

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Meh, can’t start one place and move to another ( moving goalposts) pretending to “explain”, apples and oranges , what “stature” does Vjr have that someone should be paying him 10 million, ( this is specifically what I was talking about and the question I asked about Martial) not to mention he hasn’t been stuck on the bench of some big club for awhile, what nonsensical comparison is that?, even Godric according to some reports is just getting up to those numbers now, yes, really, Godric, next.

21. AutomaticSnake12

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 20, 2017
    Coentrao is only 30... god damn this guy got washed up fast LOL. He wasn't that bad back in the day. With Theo leaving he should be Marcelo replacement... no other choice...

Just a couple of weeks ago i was thinking Flo was gonna splash them Euro bills all over Kane, Hazard, Icardi.... :cry:

22. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was being sarcastic.

The problem is you don’t go into a season with your all your back ups as prospects. This is why players like Kovacic are so important.

Zidane05 and Prit Javier repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lope didn't even call up Coentrao for training with non world cup players. Reguilon will be the back up.

24. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Go away. Thx.

25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I like the coach and we had some very good football for long stretches but again I feel we are not setting him up for success with this squad. We literally did not have anyone we could bring off the bench to make the team stronger. We've discussed all summer what the team needs but it looks like the club doesn't see it the same way....

Shay Z, 9Qui and MerlinRM repped this.