Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope the Sarri rumors are true...would be a ********ing blessing

2. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Rubbish. The club need to get with the times or we’ll turn into the new AC Milan buying over the hill players.

We’re not cash strapped, not by any means.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Which means go out and spend ridiculous amounts on players who can't justify the transfer fee nor do they bring much financially to the table.

Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  4. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    About Mbappe, and what money he can bring on the table that can be true, but missing on neymar for 222M is, sorry, stupid.

Neymar is both incredible on the pitch, and outside. He brings a lot of money. He moves a lot of merchandisings.

Also, there would have been no wages problems in the dressing room, because Neymar is a proven player that won the CL.

I think we just thought 222M was too much that's all.

If we believe the rumor that we are after him now, then we just happened to realize 222M was in fact not that big compared to what he can bring.

But now we have to deal with PSG. So it's as good as dead.

5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I would have done Neymar for 222M last summer, and I would still do it now. To me, it's a no brainer, but I can see why others may have issues with his character.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  6. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    People's view change depending on which ship they are.

Ronaldo is seen as a biggest d*ck than neymar by a lot of fans from other clubs.

Most of the same RM fans that are complaining now would cheer for him if he played here.

You can see it live with PSG fans. They badmouthed Neymar more than any other players after the 6-1 because he baited them, he scored against them, he did dive against them, and he never showed any regrets.

Now just walk in the PSG sphere, he's seen as the second coming of christ, more than Zlatan ever was. Everything is forgotten/forgiven, and they will defend him to death.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I'm one of those, I wouldn't want neymar anywhere near this team. His character is a real issue for me and it's not just his antics on the pitch. There is a real question about for me anyway about how much time he has left, I think it's fair to question if he's already playing his best football.

8. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    How much do you think Lewa will come for if so?

9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subs to this depressing ass thread.

libertao, Deep Pal and Chinky24 repped this.
  10. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This. I think the Bundesliga has some good young players that would do well here, Werner and Bailey both really interesting.

11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

A Bernie Sanders supporter who advocates for excessively spending someone else's money on experimental projects that could be achieved with more certainty through other less expensive means.

CLASSIC.

Lewandowski would return the team to CL favorites overnight and would instantly fix a glaring weakness. There's really no sense in getting into arguments about what a player offers in the unforeseeable future (5 years).

We really have no idea what the team will look like in a few years except that the majority of the starters will be gone and most likely the backups too. A decision like this should have been made last summer and still most requires breaking up the BBC.

Lewa is cheaper and we mostly know what we are getting. Kane has yet to hit a level we already know Lewa is capable of and he doesn't seem like a high pressure, big game player, that will rise to the occasion even if average the rest of the time.

I would go for a couple of cheaper alternatives like Lewa, Icardi, Werner, Dybala, Hazard, and essentially hedge our budget than bet the house on a guy who has never won a trophy.

Deep Pal and TheDude47 repped this.
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    A whole lot less than Kane, I'll tell you that much. If I'm given the choice between Kane and Lewandowski, I'll choose Lewa in a heartbeat. Thankfully, there are a lot more choices out there to spend our money they either of those players.

Digital, HZinho, Deep Pal and 6 others repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lewandowski is an amazing player. True striker with really great team work potential, great play with his back to the goal, wide shoulders to protect the ball. That's the one we missed out of the most, although i can't blame the club for it since Florentino approached the guy himself and he had already tied himself to Bayern. Only striker after Falcao i really would have liked to see in Madrid.

HZinho, Zidane05, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Lewandowski without hesitation. Him or Kane, Is this even a choice? Lol.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lewandowski + a gamble on a young player like Higuain back then. That or bet on Icardi who i think gets a lot of stick for stuff that we later found out that Higuain did as well (try to hook up with other players' girlfriends).

Either way, just do something. :D

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If buying Lewandowski is what makes us get rid of Benzema then I'm all for it. Lewa is younger by like 9 months. It would be a nice stopgap for a few years so a proper striker can emerge.

Deep Pal repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's also physically fit as a fiddle and a fitness science nut. Him and Ronaldo would have pushed each other into a mental institution.

Deep Pal and yoanaidarov repped this.
  18. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed , it's such a shame that he already had promised to sign for Bayern. Imagine him and Ronaldo being fed by the likes of Ozil and Di Maria.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #69 MiamiNative0722, Feb 7, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    You want to know what's classic? Piling up a bunch of youngsters like Icardi and Werner with Lewandowski.

I am an advocate of youngsters. I am certainly in favor of pursuing guys like Dybala and Icardi.

You praise Lewandowski for a level that he has supposedly achieved, yet he has not won a CL in his career. I don't see why you knock someone like Kane who has comparable stats and is 5 years younger. And how in the world can you knock Kane for supposedly not being a high pressure, big game player, while also praising youngsters like Icardi and Werner who have certainly proven less.

I don't know our internal finances. If buying Kane is going to strap us long-term, then sure id be against it. But lets not pretend pursuing Lewa comes cheap because we may spend 100 on him now and then 150-250 on his replacement in 2-3 years. All I've been saying in that argument you quoted is the Lewa route is not as cheap as it seems in the long run. We can have the debate on talent level, but to say that we should go for him strictly because he is cheaper is a weak argument.

And look, I'm not a total Kane homer either. I'm not entirely in that camp. Yet there are reasons his price is higher than others, and its because of his quality and production as compared to his contemporary peers. It's not like Dybala or Icardi are going to come MUCH cheaper either.

What I am against is buying old players. As we see with Ronaldo, declines can come steep and swift and i dont want us investing a lot of resources on short term plans. I think the Lewandowski ship has sailed. Too late.

20. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Isco is forced out of this club, then I am definitely off the Zidane bandwagon and will dislike him as a manager for all eternity.

temesgen and Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I like that Chiesa kid from Fiorintina.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco is royalty. Couldn't leave even if he wanted to.

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah what's this nonsense I hear about Isco being pushed out?

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Chiringuito is basically a bigsoccer forum live on TV with a few connections in the press. Perderol said that Bale is not even a professional football player, then spent half the show agreeing with Arbeloa on how great he is while he was on the show. :D

25. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Excape Goat and Deep Pal repped this.