Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's spains system not Lopeteguis. Since they lack quality strikers and wingers they use midfielders. Ronaldo can't play as a lone striker its been tried a million times.

2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Saying Spain doesn't have quality strikers and wingers is like saying Italian clubs like tactical defense.

He can if he has the right player combining with him.

3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I don't see why he wouldn't continue with that system. It's what the players know from both U21 and A-level NT and what he has been appointed on.
    If Lopetegui continues with his system, Cristiano will be the striker. It makes sense as well given the shortage of strikers in the market as well as our abundance of midfielders.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, I see it as a quick fix. For those wonder why Cristiano would be successful like this the system is heavy retention so it nullifies some of the the need for a partner to hold up the ball.

If we were able to get Neymar it would give Cristiano space to really attack opposing defenses center.

Anyways, I guess we will all see in due time.

EDIT: If we did bring in Vinicius we really may not be going for another attacking target.

Foward: Cristiano, Benzema, Raul De Tomas
    Left AM: Isco, Vinicius
    Right AM: Asensio, Lucas

I don't know how to feel about this. We need goals..

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Biggest issue with Ronaldo centrally is Ronaldo has no interest with the physical demands that role can command. He's big and strong enough but does he embrace the role and all the responsibility?

6. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately. Depends on transfers and whether Bale stays or not. If Gareth sticks around I think he’ll play up top with Cristiano. If he leaves then I’d wager Lopetegui packs the mid and Ronaldo plays as lone striker. It could work but it isn’t ideal, we can line up Ronaldo centrally all we want, throughout the course of the game he is going to drift into wide areas more often than not. Then who acts as our 9?

It isn’t the worst scenario, but I’d rather just buy a competent 9 to share the goal scoring load. Who that player is, I have no idea.

temesgen repped this.
  7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The AMs.

For instance that's what Isco does for the NT

9Qui repped this.
  8. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I understand that but then we are relying on Isco and midfielders for goals which is very risky. I just think it’s a huge gamble playing Ronaldo as a loan 9 for an entire season, playing him there late in games is a different story.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think it could work with Dybala. Hazard can't be depended as a goalscorer.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1011006191852548098 is not a valid tweet id

11. domros07

domros07 Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Maine
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good player, but midfield is the last place we need to be spending €70m. Offer Lewy for that amount, maybe.

Anon. repped this.
  12. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Flo handed James to Bayern for pennies on the dollar. I’d rather not shell out 70m on an injury prone midfielder we don’t even need. We shouldn’t do Bayern anymore favours.

Ahmadi8, Deep Pal, Digital and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think we will keep Kova while Barca will sign Thiago. Shame Bayern are selling him actually. He'd improve Barca's midfield if healthy.

meringues and Açores57 repped this.
  14. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can James reject his second year loan and come back?

15. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

16. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard is desperate to be here and I rate him but I think it’s a bad idea.

17. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    I really hope we doing the sensible thing and get James back from loan. He's world-class and it would be a shame to lose him.

J-Mezzy and Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Flo has been super smart with purchases in the last 4-5 years , cant still believe we would sell off James for almost half the price we bought him for, there must be something that we don't know, James is world class,loved by the Bernabeu,scores beautiful golazos, has improved his game , marketable and would fit into JLo style of playing, I definitely see him coming back.

S1na and J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We don't even know if he can come back before the loan ends...

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    James loan is one of the dumbest pieces of business ever. Just didn't make any sense other than doing James and Carlo a favor. Which we shouldn't be doing, especially in this market. Also, why would he want to come back? He's ballin there, is a sure fire starter, and like someone mentioned he seems confident and in shape. I'm not seeing why he'd even want to leave Munich now.

yoanaidarov, S1na, Digital and 8 others repped this.
  21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #4196 saadomar, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Given that Zidane is gone, there MAYBE a chance that he comes back. But that is only if we guarantee him starts every game. I believe Bayern has the clause to buy him out at the beginning of this upcoming season, but If James doesn't agree to a deal with them, I believe he can refuse and come back to RM. But I don't see that happening. @natenate101 said it all. He's doing amazing at Munich. And after what Benitez and Zidane did to him, he doesn't see himself back here fighting against Isco, Modric and Kroos. We bought arguably 6 of the top 20 midfielders in the world to fill 3 positions. Most of those players are automatic starters anywhere else. He could be in a top team and be the star, or he can come here and be benched and get 10-15 runouts a season. The choice is obvious. Unless we switch to a style that plays 4 midfielders and wanna risk losing Isco, I don't see James coming back. As much as I would dearly like for him to come back.

I believe the choice to loan him to Bayern wasn't Florentino's to make. Zidane and Florentino probably got him to stay focused on the team after we beat Kashima Antlers in the Fifa Club World Club by promising him that he'd get his pick of his team. Maybe he had better offers but only wanted to go to a contender, and maybe none of the contenders wanted to deal with his salary demands at the time who was on the bench. Most teams aren't as intelligent to see the gem that James was and didn't know what a great opportunity it was to swoop in for him. So Bayern came in, pulled off a steal.

Let's also not forget that Bayern and Real Madrid have had some very mutually beneficial deals. We've given them Robben, James and an aging Xabi Alonso in the past. They've given us the gem that is Kroos. A player who is easily worth over 100 million in today's market for nearly a quarter of that price.

S1na repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think we need James.

23. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thank you so much. Even if he sucked this last year, I've always been suspicious of long-term loans longer than a year for star-level, established players. Like what are we doing, are we just waiting and counting on something to change while he is technically a Real Madrid player?
    It doesn't help us, and really, Bayern is the only one who is getting an advantage out of this. Say he does amazing this season (which he did pretty well by anyone's standards) and has a great WC with Colombia if they make it out of group stage, and then he has a shitty season next year... what happens then? Bayern don't exercise their purchase clause and we get an unhappy player back that we're going to have to sell as a depreciated value anyways?
    Someone please give me some pro's for 2 year loans for established stars?

temesgen and saadomar repped this.
  24. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There is no benefit in this for Real Madrid. Absolutely none. Everyone and their grand dad knows that. This loan deal probably has far more behind the scene than anyone is willing to let on. Maybe this is us STILL paying them back for them allowing Kroos to leave for us on a sweet deal by today's standards. But if you break down how much we paid to buyout Kroos's final year of his contract: 25 mill for 1 year, that'd break out to the equivalent of buying out Gareth Bale's contract with Tottenham over 4 years. But I don't remember if Gareth had 5 years left on his contract with Tottenham. In which case we arguably paid more for Kroos!!! :mad:

Chinky24 repped this.
  25. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still cannot fathom why Florentino always lets Bayern get special discounts on our players when they are constantly one of the first teams to come out and say negative things about us. They've done it each of the past few seasons when we've been knocking them out of the CL constantly. Like, which other team out there sells their best players to their rivals for a discount?

I don't think most of us think we NEED him. But it's really a pity that we gave Bayern such a quality player for pennies on the dollar. It's really cringe-worthy. The fact that it came out of practically NO WHERE drives some of us nuts. Bayern laughed all the way to the bank on that one.