Are We Ever Going to Spend Money? - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anon. repped this.
  2. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Pretty sure that's the prevailing opinion. Mbappe is more loyal though, particularly to Paris/France.

Anon. repped this.
  3. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Good sell.Omar mascarell will never be a player for real madrid level.I also think we should sell hakimi,llorente,ceballos,casilla and borya mayoral to make room for new singings.I would go for oblak(backup navas),alaba and james and a new striker.Striker is my main concern.I think we should break the bank and sign neymar/mbappe but it sounds almost impossible to price away one of them from PSG.Lukaku is also a great striker but not for us.He would slow down our play style.I havent watched to much firmino so Im not sure about him.I think that Cavani suits really good in our system.Too bad he is 30 or 31 already but for a good price like 50-60M I would go for him if neymar/mbappe are unavailable.

4. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    If Kova(hope not) goes we should replace him with Pogba.

5. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    It's true, we've seen players leave and in many cases their time here was the apogee of their careers. Robinho is another one that you didn't mention and in some ways I think it's fair to question neymar has played his best football already.

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Marca interviewed Kova in Russia and he said he needs to be playing more and will rather play in Another club where he can be guaranteed more playing time.
    He says is a very difficult situation for a young player in Real Madrid because they dont get continuity and without that He will never be able to show his full potential.
    He says he hasn’t been completely happy in these last three years because his contribution to those trophies hasn’t been the maximum and that is something he wishes to change. He says he’s been at the club three years in Madrid and hasn’t played much which has hurt his status in the NT which makes him very sad therefore it is best for him to leave the club.

I posted this because they had his comments in quotes from an actual interview.

7. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I know some of you guys here are fanatics of the club and don’t really care about player conflicts with their NTs that much but the reality is that for most of the players winning with their NT is a greater feeling than winning with their club.
    I think perhaps for the Spanish players this is somewhat different because to them playing with RM can feel like if they were playing with the NT since Real is a spanish club after all plus the cultural and political divisions in the country .
    I think Bale also said that when he wins for Wales its greater feeling of satisfaction.
    For the guys who are top talents and can start with us and their country is the best ideal situation but for those on the bench not so much because they risk being on the bench in both teams.

8. Ankur Upadhyay

Feb 18, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Anon. repped this.
  9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Damn brought tears to my eyes. I miss him.
    Seriously we don't have this type of play maker even in our current squad. People have forgot what a magician he was in Madrid.

10. Ankur Upadhyay

Feb 18, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Odegaard reminds me of Ozil with better dribbling skills. His through balls are a thing of beauty.

temesgen and S1na repped this.
  11. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    If Kova goes it's because he's not getting enough minutes. How does brining Pogba in to the same situation sound like a sensible thing to type?

12. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    300M release clause.

That's what I'd ask of any potential buyer as well.

PigBenis, Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah. Just don't sell Kovacic.

Lope first job is to convince Bale he'll still be a sub, then to convince Kovacic he will get much more time.

14. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I hope so. We will be blessed if he turns out as good as Ozil, plus a better finishing.

15. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    That's day, and night. When asked about his situation, MBappe replied that he is loyal, and will do "at least" his 5 years at PSG. No rambling, or shitty answer.

As of now, Neymar never said he will be a psg player next season. He avoided all questions, and gave shitty interviews all the time.

If we sign Neymar, we will suffer from that every summer. He will ask for a payrise, or try to get out. But despite that, I would still buy him because he also brings a lot of good points with him.

S1na repped this.
  16. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I am not sure. We started to win trophies when the locker room started to become peaceful again. I am not sure what Neymar and his dad bring to the club in that aspect.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I'm talking in the case Ron leaves.

Whatever if people like him or not, business wise, he is the player to go for. He really brings a lot of money on his back. And we need that if Ron leaves.

Sorry to talk about money again, but in today football, money is the main part of a project :\

18. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I know. Perez also thinks like this i am sure. Hope the club can manage his ego and acts if we go for him.

19. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #4169 meringues, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Holy shit it's so easy to forget how transcendently good (at times) he was with us. He's just not that player anymore is he.

20. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #4170 meringues, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Like I said in the other thread, I don't have a problem with Kova wanting more playing time, but the NT thing is bullshit... his problem is with his manager, not us. He deserves more time with us, but ZZ was starting him in el clasicos and CL knockouts FFS. No one doubts his quality.

21. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Man, I miss me some Mesut. F*cking music all nostalgic and shit...

Shay Z and S1na repped this.
  22. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'd much rather have James back now.

J-Mezzy, PigBenis, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  23. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm not sure Lopetegui wants to replace him with another out and out winger. We have Lucas and Asensio who can perform the role of a winger if/when needed.
    Who in his Spain squad was tasked with that? My point is you're asking for the fulfilling of a role that doesn't even exist for Lopetegui.

24. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Definitely the more versatile two-way player, and probably more consistent as a no. 10 too.

I don't think Lopetegui is a one-track manager. He set up the Spanish NT to its strengths. I wouldn't assume that he's going to come in necessarily seeking to replicate that style.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If Lopetegui is using the system from the Spanish NT, then we're probably moving Cristiano centrally.

James would thrive in one of the two AM positions behind Cristiano.

That's why I believe if Dybala or Hazard had a big enough WC they could have swayed Florentino to forget Neymar. Neither have so far so I believe we're Neymar or nada (Vinicius).

I do believe that Cristiano has to be moved centrally in Lope's system. Anyone agree or disagree?

J-Mezzy, Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.