Are any of the NCAA men's games on television?

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Lothsor, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Lothsor

Lothsor Red Card

Oct 19, 2018
    and when I mean television non-streaming?

Outside of the semi-finals and finals.

2. CollegeFan

CollegeFan Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Indiana's match Sunday is on BTN. Sounds like they might do the 3rd round too if IU advances. I did watch the UW-Lipscomb game last night on the PAC-12 Network.

3. Lothsor

Lothsor Red Card

Oct 19, 2018
    I watched the IU game but unfortunately don't see the next round on yet.

Watched UC Irvine Stanford Sunday on PAC 12.

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    IU will be on BTN at noon Sunday.

5. BigBall

BigBall New Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Nothing in Canada except illegal streams :-(

6. Lothsor

Lothsor Red Card

Oct 19, 2018
    I wonder if The Big 10 network will show IU vs ND Friday over college basketball?

7. BigBall

BigBall New Member

Dec 2, 2016
    I am not sure. i have been illegal streaming all NCAA content. The Zips \ WF game was outstanding however the stream did not do it any justice. I had to deal with constant freezing, choppy relay, bad picture quality. I am thinking of subscribing to US television package next year so that I can log in on my laptop and actually get a watchable game.

I wish Dazn gave us NCAA content in Canada .. that would be the ideal solution.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    iu said btn+ last i saw. super disappointing if that doesn't change.

BigRedFootie repped this.
  9. xpowerout

xpowerout Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't expect it to, unfortunately. MBB is most likely gonna draw more viewers than IU-ND at that timeslot, and at least the BTN+ stream would be free.

Can't find any broadcast info for Stanford-Akron yet...

boxcar123 repped this.
  10. Lothsor

Lothsor Red Card

Oct 19, 2018
    If BTN + that is a shame and I will have to wait for the semi's.

11. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    You can buy a one month subscription for IU for $10, $15 for all schools. C'mon - it'd cost you $10 to get into the game!

stphnsn repped this.
  12. Soccerfan4

Soccerfan4 New Member

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Nov 29, 2018
    You do realize all postseason streams are free per NCAA rules and you can watch the game on Friday for no charge without an account? You are correct that this is the price for all regular season events (including IU) but postseason NCAA Tournament events costs nothing in all sports.

13. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Akron vs Stanford game is going to be on the PAC-12 Network. That does me no good.

14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    where are the links posted? ncaa.com has nothing listed for d1 soccer on friday.

15. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
  16. SBZipfan

SBZipfan Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Santa Barbara, CA
    If that's true, then somebody should explain it to the PAC-12. They show the Stanford-Akron game as requiring a subscription.

17. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm not sure but I think the "subscription" that is required would be that the viewer be a subscriber to one of the networks that carry the PAC-12 Network. I guess that seems reasonable.

I put the PAC-12 app on my phone hoping that I would be able to stream the game and cast to my TV. That is what I do with a lot of ESPN3 content. The Akron vs Stanford game has a lot of interest for me and I was really hoping that ESPN3 was going to carry it.

I did find a channel finder on the PAC-12 Network website that give information by zip code. Here is the link for that: https://pac-12.com/getpac-12networks My zip code, in Lincoln Park Chicago, is 60614. If I put that in the channel finder it seems that if I had AT&T U-Verse, Dish, or Comcast, that I would be able to get the PAC-12 Network. However, I have none of those providers.

If anyone finds out anything different, please post info.

18. Lothsor

Lothsor Red Card

Oct 19, 2018
    I have Dish Network the 290 + package and have both the PAC-12 Network and Big Ten Network.

On the PAC-12 Network tonight is Stanford Akron. Nice.

Big10. Network College basketball. So Stanford Akron for me.

It would cost me more than 10-15 dollars to go to the game because I would need to drive five hours from Saint Louis to Bloomington. Get a hotel room etc.

I am not much of a streaming guy much less pay for it.

Last time SLU was in the NCAA (unfortunately four years ago) they did charge admission to the game. Not sure if the poster was referring to the stream or attending the game.

19. BigRedFootie

BigRedFootie Member+

Jan 31, 2003
    B-town
    Both. Entry into NCAA tourney games is $10 and a month's sub to BTN+ is $10. But this one (IU v ND) is free.