Apertura 2011: Going for #11!

Discussion in 'Toluca' started by tolucafan, Jul 20, 2011.

1. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    well this season he has only played about 20 minutes and this is a really great opportunity for him to get some proper minutes. and plus, our two home games are against two mediocre teams (atlante and tijuana) so its also a great time to be more agressive with the lineups.

if you meant why to the sinha suspension, its this:

3. DCDireWolf

DCDireWolf Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was asking about the suspension, seems harsh. I wonder what he actually said.

I agree 100 percent on Nava. The team is getting old, need to start transitioning new blood in.

4. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    looks like our new refuerzo will be ready for this weekends game. really hope Eugui takes off Esquivel and not Manolo. also, please start with 2 strikers and not with diego de la torre.

5. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    ********ing WADA (World-Anti Doping Agency) wants the federation reconsider their decision and wants them to suspend the 5 players for 2 years. ******** off WADA.

6. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    let me begin with saying that at this point, i am satisfied with winning no matter how badly we play. this team just isnt a top tier team.

the first half was just really bad. we got dominated for most of the first half against a team that had lost 4 of its previous 5 games. it was simply embarrasing.

fast foward to the second half, Talavera does really bad in the goal that we gave up. Hobbit hit it pretty softly and Talavera should have had enough time to back up and securely punch that ball out.

our first goal was pretty wierd, i still dont know if the defender deflected it or if Calderon meant to go near post. it looked like it was deflected to me so with a bit of luck, we got the equalizer.

our second goal was just a beauty. i could not believe that Diego could give a pass like that. it was just a great ball to Brizuela and Brizuela's finish was just amazing. he should be starting over Esquivel by now.

random thoughts:

-i knew that Eugui would go with Diego instead of Nava and even though we won, it was just a horrible mistake not to play Nava. Diego was pretty useless until his assist to Brizuela.

-Alonso had one taken away from him from the linesman, and even though his name wasn't on the score-sheet, i really must say that i have been impressed by his work rate. he just has to finish at a higher rate.

-Esquivel was much much better playing behind Alonso than playing wide like he normally does.

-Calderon should look to take control of this team by asking for every ball and getting past the opposing teams rightback. i srsly see him being another pablo barrera, getting past his defender and cutting in to shoot from distance.

9 points after 6 games, i am kind of shocked because of how awful we have played this season.

7. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    i totally forgot to mention our new RB's debut (officially his 3rd but his previous two was when Tolo Gallego took advantage of a clause that was in his contract where for every player he debuted, he would get x amount of money). Overall, i felt like Francisco Gonzalez had a very good game. there were times were he was caught out of position and Atlante took advantage, but other than that, i felt like he defended well and did a nice job. Its funny tho how he goes from not even making the bench last week to starting.

I love Gamboa but his performances this season have not been very good. but i am not going to blame it all on him. everyone knows that Gamboa is best playing CB.

Also, its nice to see Cuevas getting major minutes with Atlante. he didnt have a good game by any means, but i feel like he is really going to contribute to us if his return to Toluca happens as it is planned.

8. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    this past first half against Jaguares has been piss poor from both teams. It's like both teams have a bet on who could lose the most balls or something.

hope Eugui puts in Auriliano soon, i really want to see how he fits in with the team. Also, please give Nava some minutes obv.

9. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    one retarded error from both teams and the game ends 1-1.

one thing i wanted to say was that for the first time ever this season, i think Eugui made a HUGE mistake. His mistake yesterday was his last sub which wastaking off Diego and putting in Felix Araujo. this happened at around the 80minute. I just did not understand it at all. I get that he wanted to leave with atleast a point, but if anyone was watching the match, Toluca was dominating them minutes before the substitution. I honestly belive that we could have won had we not just settled with the draw.

Also, Alonso's goal was class. he took the ball nicely off his chest and crossed the goalie and it was just a superb strike. even though he has 3 goals, i feel like he should be at atleast 6 by now. he's had many great chances and hasn't completely taken advantage of them. But this should be a nice boost to his confidence and i feel like he will bag some in next weekend against Xolos.

10. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    pretty funny to see the Yellow Card next to my name. got it for having two accounts and some bastard ratted on me. o well, i guess i'll just stick to posting in here.

Almazan and Kalin Nunez return home on Sunday to play Toluca. I for one am glad to see them both get playing time in a team.

Sinha will be serving his last game of suspension, so thats nice.

11. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    honest to god this is just the worst performance of the whole season, and this season has been prettty ********ing terrible.

esquivel has just been atrocious. i srsly doubt he could play worse. just put in brizuela already. diego de la torre hasnt even touched the ball yet i thing. just take him off and put in nava for ******** sake

so close to just giving up on the pathetic display and changing it to RedZone.

12. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    lololololol at whole Xolos team complaining about that penalty call. clear penalty. well done by Calderon to draw contact. dont ********ing miss this Alonso

13. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    omg Alonso, please dont ever take another penalty. you ********ing suck. atleast you got the rebound to score.

14. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    hey Joakquin, you're getting sacked in the morning.

15. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    i give up on this team, we are just so ********ing terrible. we create zero chances every time we play. it is just ridiculous.

our owner is a cheap cvnt who needs to ******** off and sell the team already. our president is a dipshit who knows nothing about how to run a club. our coach is a ********ing retard.

halftime report: we weren't close to scoring, xolos were the better team.

ok so Eugui decides to put in Auriliano Torres and takes off Rios. fine, not a terrible move. Diego will now pair off with Romagnoli and have Auriliano play behind Alonso. (btw, Auriliano has never even played that position in his life and Eugui playing him there is just hilarious) ok fine, whatever.

we take lead.

Leandro gets red card. now its 11v10. perfect situation

80th minute, he takes off Esquivel and puts in Juan Calderon. LOLOLOLOL what the ******** are you doing. how can you possibly think that debuting him in this situation is a good thing? i just do not understand how.

87th minute, he takes off Alonso and puts in Brizuela. this guy cannot be real. so now our formation is a 4-2-4-0. how does Araujo or Gamboa not go in here. howwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i dont know why i set the bar so high, i wanted libertadores, but im almost positive that we won't even close to one of the spots. making the playoffs with this shit team would be a miracle.

im officially done posting on here. i'll come back when the team stops playing like horseshit

16. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    points dropped at home after only 4 home games: 6

just LOL. so pathetic.

i promise this is my last post for a while. just wanted to share that. we'd be on top of the league if we actually got it done at home vs Atlas, Tijuana and America.

17. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    i love Gamboa, but for the love of god, him starting ahead of Duenas is absolutely retarded.

Cruzalta being our starting RB just makes me so ********ing sad. To start with Gamnoa, then going to Gonzalez, and now to Cruzalta, my ********ing god. GIVE ACOSTA A SHOT YOU ********ING OLD BITCH.

Auriliano starting for Manolo is fine, but for ******** sake, respect the man who has given us 8+ great years at LB and tell him that you were going to buy a LB. He turned in his transfer request and to not give him his wish and even worse, benching him, is just classless from our orginization.

but the biggest joke of them all is Nava. He isnt even on the ********ing bench. just ********ing hilarious. he started in our u20 match earlier today. How the ******** does he not make the bench atleast. who is our number 2 Eugui you piece of shit.

omg, completely forgot about Calderon. He is officially behind Esquivel and Brizuela. i mean seriously, this has to be a joke.

Eugui , kill yourself.

18. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    i love Gamboa, but for the love of god, him starting ahead of Duenas is absolutely retarded.

Cruzalta being our starting RB just makes me so ********ing sad. To start with Gamnoa, then going to Gonzalez, and now to Cruzalta, my ********ing god. GIVE ACOSTA A SHOT YOU ********ING OLD BITCH.

Auriliano starting for Manolo is fine, but for ******** sake, respect the man who has given us 8+ great years at LB and tell him that you were going to buy a LB. He turned in his transfer request and to not give him his wish and even worse, benching him, is just classless from our orginization.

but the biggest joke of them all is Nava. He isnt even on the ********ing bench. just ********ing hilarious. he started in our u20 match earlier today. How the ******** does he not make the bench atleast. who is our number 2 Eugui you piece of shit.

omg, completely forgot about Calderon. He is officially behind Esquivel and Brizuela. i mean seriously, this has to be a joke.

Eugui , kill yourself.

19. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    lol bigsoccer, fix your shitty ass server.

20. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    the only right thing Eugui got right was Diego for Rios. Diego has really matured into a solid footballer. im happy he's starting now.

21. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    oh my god, Nava actually making the bench after playing 55minutes earlier today is just about the worst thing ever. i mean seriously, how the ******** does the federation even allow that crap. If Alonso gets hurts early, what does Eugui do then? i mean honestly, he is worse than Lugo, there is no doubt about that. If we win a title with him, i honest to god will die of shock. i mean, you dont have to be a ********ing good manager to win in this league, but you cant be that retarded either. there is just no way

22. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    i know i already mentioned this, but Gamboa starting ahead of Duenas is ********ing criminal. i just do not even understand how they could even allow him to do that.

I can see why Calderon isn't starting anymore. the kid is such a lazy shit. he goes in and walks for the whole time he was in. just sell him already.

our remaining games left:

@Santos
    vs. Puebla
    @Cruz Azul
    vs. Queretaro
    @San Luis

we aren't going to make it.

23. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    hello bigsoccer,

lets me just do a quick recap on last few games:

@ Santos: Eugui's terrible game management cost us the 3 points. there is absolutely no doubt about that. We scored early, Gamboa gets sent off a few min later. Eugui decides to not change anything and to have Esquivel go to RB. When you have Auriliano play CB and moving Cruzalta to LB and Esquivel to RB. When you have a player like Edgar Esteban Duenas on the bench, and you are winning 1-0 in a tough away match and our starting CB gets a red card, you dont adjust with the players we have. ffs put him in and take off esquivel and keep Auriliano at LB with Cruzalta at RB. i just do not understand. And when Santos scored to tie it, he then decides to take off Alonso for Duenas. i mean honestly, what is he thinking. just sooo bad.

vs Puebla: meh, we started off slow but we came back strong and Alonso showed us the awesome striker that he is.

@ Cruz Azul: loved it. Eugui actually got it right. we played a 5 2 2 1 formation and it was great. he got every player right. havign Esquivel play RWB is such a great decision as well as starting Duenas Gamboa Nova and Auriliano. the commentators for the game where calling out Toluca for giving up on their season. i dont know what the hell they are talking about. It is brilliant to play for the draw there and take our chances at home vs Queretaro and away to San Luis. That is what we play for, and if we cant get these final 6 points, we don't deserve to make playoffs. We also got robbed a penalty of course, so i was pretty mad about that. solid performance overall tho.

24. tolucafan

tolucafan Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Club:
    Deportivo Toluca FC
    i just made a long post and i accidently closed tab :(

it was about Cardozo mostly and how he is more than just a legend, hes like a second god to me. i just love him so much, i get goosebumps of thinking about how awesome the atmosphere will be. and even that, i still dont think thats enough for him. he honestly deserves like a 1 week parade or something. he is just the greatest. dont know what else there is to say about him.

and thank you toluca for actually doing a piece about Cardozo this week. this man deserves it and much more.

here is great video that they just loaded on the site.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3EgIR-wtxo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3EgIR-wtxo[/ame]

makes me sad that i will be hoping he loses tomorrow. :(

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zuBlE3DlQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3zuBlE3DlQ[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk20IV1AnqA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk20IV1AnqA&feature=related[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  25. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    not gonna lie, that was a fun game to watch. Cardozo is something else. i had massive respect for the guy (although he was a bit of a payaso after goals), and glad to see him at the helm of my team. he really knows how to get our team up for a match.