Antonio Valencia - Part 2, Man. United

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Manolo, Nov 9, 2010.

1. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Make that 3 assists and 1 goal. In 49 minutes.

Holy ********.

2. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #902 viagoal, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    Di Maria is a natural left footed player who can pass from the either left or right wing.
    It's going to be interesting to see where De Gaal will play him.

Valencia might be watching from the bench. :(

Di Maria Position: Midfield - Right Wing. Foot: left.
    http://www.transfermarkt.com/angel-di-maria/profil/spieler/45320

3. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Let's be honest. Does he deserve any better? He hasn't ever recovered the level he was at 2 years ago.

I do think he can and should evolve into a right wingback. If he does, he can last 4-5 more years at top level and for the NT. However as a winger he seems to be finished (hopefully he proves me wrong).

4. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If Neicer Reasco did it and stood out til he was 33, I will be amazed if Antonio can't. Antonio was playing at a great level on the NT in 2013 as a winger, but at club level he didn't display the same futbol we're used to seeing. His last year in manchester wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. It was just acceptable. It's hard to adapt as a wing back b/c there's much more ground to cover. Defensively Valencia has been solid. It's his attacking that has been lacking. It's like he doesn't have enough gas in him to burst out on the wing. But it's not just him. I feel like Manchester just doesn't move the ball up the field as quickly as they should. It's like they get stuck at times. I also think that playing with 2 men in the box isn't working out. Instead of doing the 1-2 up front why not play 2-1? There's no need for two men in the box when your team is having problems getting the ball up the field. There's a lack of creativity and factor sorpresa.

3-4-2-1
    De Gea; Jones, Smallling, Rojo; Valencia, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria; Mata, Rooney; Falcao

^ you can easily move Rooney back a bit and have him help out getting the ball up the field. Also you can replace Mata and put Di Maria more up front and just play Shaw or Young on the left wing back position. You have more options that way IMO. I just think that having Mata as the only enganche isn't working out for them and especially when you have someone like Antonio who is more worried about defending. Mata and Young/Shaw aren't gonna win a game on their own. There's too many people marking Antonio when he gets up the field. I'd suggest moving Rooney back a bit to take some men off Antonio. Mata tampoco es un Riquelme para que lo haga solo de maravilla.

5. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This was a bitchin goal and probably was his best season at united. He needs to adapt or something, I see him as a defensive midfielder, just Infront of the defense tbh.

7. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
  8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I came across this a few minutes ago. What in freakin hell is going on with this dude. As if he wasn't already involved in troubled situations with the NT in the World Cup. What happen to Antonio? I'm literally in shock with everything about this guy this year. Smh...

9. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah, I call bullshit. He's wearing sweatpants and workout gloves. This is nothing more than a post-workout selfie. The Sun is just milking it for all it's worth, claiming that "rude" pictures are such a scandal. Give me a break.

[​IMG]

10. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If I were single and played for MU, I'd be banging bitches left and right all day long. Too bad I'm just single. Mang...

Luigi408 repped this.
  11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Does anyone remember when Rooney was banging a 70 year old milf?

12. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Wasn't this the same paper that accused Moyes of being racist because he opposed to his daughter dating a man of color who happened to be....a Man U player
    These type of press isn't new in England, and even if it's true oh well, a selfie, Let's be honest, Ecuadorian men dont really have a reputation of being fully faithful do we?

13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol!

14. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    None of the coaches had any clue about that news this past week. I texted one of the guys and broke the news- regrettably, whether true or not, he takes a major credibility hit. We'll have to see how he reacts on the field. Regrettably, he's also hurt. Truth be told, these scandals are more media fodder than anything else- as long as he's not hurting team chemistry and everything else, it's not that big of a deal notwithstanding the obvious media circus it might attract for a week or two. I'm just curious to see how he is on the pitch after this. Worst case scenario, he just looks like an idiot in the face of his peers- bigger stars have been implicated in much worse.

15. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Antonio Valencia played great defense today against Arsenal. He held off Alexis much of the game.

If AV stays consistent, he should be ready for next year's Copa America in Chile

........................ Dominguez

Valencia ...............Canga............. Erazo............ Paredes

.....................Noboa...........

Ibarra.........Cazares-----------Montero

....................................Miller
    ....................Enner

16. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    #917 ECUA-718, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    Solid performance as usual, nothing spectacular but SOLID! I just don't see him playing right back on the N.T. maybe defensive midfielder ... And that 5-3-2 today worked wonders for United

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think he did great. Recovered the ball many times and he defended the right flank perfectly. I think he let one dangerous cross and that's it. He also attacked a lot more and the first goal was because of him. It was a deflection and OG but he shot it. Man U plays super defensive. So annoying but Valencia, like always, has performed no matter what. So consistent.

18. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I though he covered Alexis Sanchez very very well, also his passes were on point.

19. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Something I've noticed about AV is that he doesn't know how to head the ball too well. In 50-50 aerial balls he always seems to hesitate and then pull back from contesting it.

In regards to our NT, for the near future it's only fair that Paredes keeps his spot in the starting 11. I would love to see Valencia play a CM role. Paredes is simply too good to keep on the bench (if Valencia continues to develop as a RB)

20. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    #921 viagoal, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    I've seen games where AV has played the ball well in the air. But, AV does play better when the ball is on the ground. I can only imagine Valencia and Paredes playing at RB and LB and combining with our other speedsters Turbina and Renato on the wings. Cazares orchestrating the middle filtering passes to Enner and Miller. I imagine Canga, Erazo, Noboa and Miller covering the middle. Miller moving forward on fast breaks.

21. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  22. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Freaking BEAUTIFULLY assist by Valencia. His pace is coming back! Valencia always shows up in big games. Dude is a badass.

23. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You can hear the crowd get excited every time he gets the ball.

24. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This game by far was Valencia's best in a long time. Most complete game. From attacking to defending. Finally, we get to see that pace that we missed from him. He actually had multiple crosses this game! He could of had at least two more assist if they forwards would of scored. Fantastic game by Valenica and Man U as a whole. Valencia by far the best Ecuadorian player. Crazy how he keeps playing consistent every single time he plays. Amazing.