News: Annual USL AGM Meeting Thursday

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by WhiteStar Warriors, Nov 17, 2009.

1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Still you are forgetting the great FC NY

Did these guys really pay a 750,000 us expansion fee? They should sue Marcos and NuRock

2. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like we said previously, we're only counting teams that actually exist. Until FCNY proves otherwise they do not. No one has seen or heard from them in over 6 months.

3. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Didn't they organise a try out a few weeks ago? Still strange to me that these guys paid (at least a part of) the expansion fee and then just disappeared

4. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They supposedly organized a tryout through a message board (not their own website) that cost an exorbitant amount of money for a D2 level tryout. Other than that there's been nary a peep from them since April.

5. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well. Part of the reason that the all-Texan division exists is that travel is pricey for destinations outside of TX. AZ & South Cal may be fine if you are El Paso, but if you are in RGV, that's more than 10-12 hrs by bus.

6. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    [through a message board (not their own website) that cost an exorbitant amount of money for a D2 level tryout.]

What a joke these guys are, they should be nominated for worst sports franchise

7. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at NPSL for next year they've got teams planned for Dallas, Fort Worth and San Antionio. So it looks like they will have some form of Texas centric division in 2010. They could easily slot one or more of the PDL teams into that if they wanted as well.

8. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Under those circumstances, I agree totally.

9. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    A few weeks ago, USL promised us new exiting times

And yes, they delivered

10. adoptedsooner

adoptedsooner Member

Dec 5, 2007
    Norman
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if there will be any teams in Texas in 2010. I think Keem-O-Sabi discussed it in the NPSL board under the 2010 season thread (or something similar).

I know that one plan was to have Tulsa and OKC join some teams in Texas and maybe Arkansas to form a new conference. However, Tulsa is the only one of these to be announced. Meanwhile, here in OKC I didn't hear about it until the last minute so there wasn't much time to help aid any potential new group. But in the process I discovered we have a WPSL team. I guess that's a a start.