Andrew Carleton

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by ielag, Jul 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then I will rep hm for being really good at irony.

2. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    I am being sarcastic simply because when I posted months ago about the carleton issues everyone came up with all of these crazy tin foil hat type excuses I now just think its funny to do it.

3. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    I think it was more, let's wait and see before we declare his career is over rather than tin foil hat conspiracies. Unfortunately, we are still waiting....

4. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    How did I miss this gem? How can you know my position when you rarely understand it? Who do I follow? I am pretty sure I think for myself. Most people on here disagree with me on many things. I have many views that differ from the simple masses on here that are based on philosophies about the game that I can easily explain. I have disdain for the inner circle of the game in this country that continually let fans down, but dont let that get in the way of understanding when small groups of people are doing good things.

Your schtick on here is tiring. You mock people and then debate arguments nobody made.

5. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a feeling we might see some Carleton today. I remember when we used to be excited about that. Good times.

6. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not today.

Seems once Barco returns he won’t even be in the 18.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  7. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Depends. When Barco returns the Copa America and Gold Cup start. Josef will be gone, as well as possibly Romario Williams, Nagbe, Guzan, and Miles Robinson might be gone. That's a ton of bench places, including two in attacking places.

8. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    I’d hope we see Carleton for the Open Cup game even with Barco coming home a little earlier than expected.

Too bad Atlanta doesn’t have a game on Saturday.

What I can’t figure out is how Thomas Roberts shows so well in his limited minutes for FCD first team when in Carleton’s limited minutes we didn’t see the same player that we saw in his youth, and didn’t see the improvement we saw with Roberts.

9. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it's easier to look good as a team that builds from the back as a central midfielder rather than as a slow winger on a team that was built for speed last year.

10. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    When did Carleton not look good in his limited action last year? He was good in just about every appearance he had with the first team.

11. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    There were two games that he did poorly, and a couple others where he wasn’t involved much. The rest I agree he did well.

On another team it probably would have been enough for him to see more minutes. It’s the same argument as a Man City prospect getting time vs a Southhampton prospect.

To Tar’s point I agree it’s not fair if he’s not playing the #10 role to expect as much from him.

I also think if he had shown well enough that we’d see a situation like Danilo Acosta getting loaned to another MLS team, but at the same time Atlanta has more resources to not be bothered with loaning Carleton.

12. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watched some of the game. For me he doesn't play vertical enough, towards goal.

There's a concerning passiveness to his game.

ACM's in the top leagues are relentless going towards goal. Far more verticality to their games. That's a mindset developed when young. It becomes a style of play.

And while clever with the ball at times he shows an inability to get past his mark 1v1 and attack on the dribble. That's also a concern as at the higher levels pace and 1v1 dribbling ability is increasingly a requirement.

LuckofLichaj, Namdynamo, wixson7 and 6 others repped this.
  13. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    good job by andrew carlton cleaning up that social media stuff

frankburgers repped this.
  14. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016

Unbelievable. This kid really just isn’t there mentally.

15. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Gotta be kidding me

16. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Life comes at you fast

lol

17. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    been there as a kid but as a professional anything it’s indefensible. before and after moment for him imo

18. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seemingly two steps forward two steps back for the young man.

20. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    damn man lmao

DHC1 repped this.
  21. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
  22. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    The last guy who did that was Castillo. But he knew why he did that.

23. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was totally gonna start by the looks of how De Boer compensated, too. Gressel played the 10 and Parkhurst played RB, when I bet Carleton was probably gonna play the 10 and Gressel RB, with Parkhurst getting rest.

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  24. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So he either didn't care enough about the game to make sure his passport was with him or he didn't know you need a passport to travel to another country.

[​IMG]

25. a_new_fan

a_new_fan Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    what were the two steps forward?

the famous retweet?