Andre Braithwaite

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by mjames1229, Nov 12, 2017.

1. mjames1229

mjames1229 Member

Sep 26, 2006
    West Allis, WI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did we know that he was allowed back in the league? Watching today's Wave @ Comets game, he's back in uniform for the Comets. After this, I thought he was persona non-grata...

2. Buddy98

Buddy98 Member

Oct 22, 2014
    As I recall it was a two-year suspension, although I did not expect him to be brought back to any team.

3. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Obviously my take here is slanted, but here's my two cents...

When this originally happened I was all onboard for him being out of the game completely. In the short time after it happened he didn't cause more trouble, but he didn't do anything to sway my original opinion.

In the past year and a half however, something clicked. He always knew what he did was wrong, but the gravity of the situation (beyond what it meant to his playing career) hit home with him.

Since then he has worked hard to recover. He is heavily involved with the community and coaches a number of teams in the area. He makes no secret of what he did, but he's moved past it. He's made his apologies to Pat, his teammates, and anyone who will listen. He's taken steps within the community to control his actions and truly turned another page in his life.

All eyes are on him and watching his behavior. He knows that and knows that any slip will be disastrous, no matter how small. He has changed my mind and I support him in his efforts.

I hope that my faith in him will be rewarded, but I understand if some are not so quick to forgive.

skipper60601 and SteveCo repped this.
  4. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    #4 Scooge, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    SteveCo and CometsFan repped this.
  5. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure he had to complete many tasks mandated by the league before he was approved to return. Braithwaite sounds genuine in his regret for the incident and has done positive things in the community in the past two years as well. I hope his second chance works out well for him and the Comets.

CometsFan repped this.
  6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He made a mistake , He served his Suspension , Dealt with the probation orders by the court and took anger management classes. The last time I spoke to him he had completed everything. I think he deserves a second chance.

SteveCo repped this.