Anderson Silva was wearing Chicago Fire stuff on All Access

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mjfan12, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Mjfan12

Mjfan12 New Member

Jun 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anyone else notice this? He definately has some Fire gear on. I wonder why? Maybe because he's fighting Cote here and he likes wearing the local teams stuff?

But I don't know if he does this for every city or because he was the focus of an all access and just felt like it.

It would be hilarious if he was an actual fan of the team.

2. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Pictures please??? I don't think he wore local vs. Franklin. He was Black & Yellow, those are Steeler colors. :p

3. Mjfan12

Mjfan12 New Member

Jun 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i dont have pics, but if you see it. you can find the episode online, they just aired it yesterday.

during most of the show he's wearing a read soccer training jersey with the adidas stripes on the shoulders. its the mls stuff. and I dont remember if the logo was also on the shirt, but for sure you can see the fire C on the shorts.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Anderson_Silva_UFC_All_Access?vid=10001970&tid=107

link to all access

4. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    He was wearing L.A. Galaxy matching sweats on the beach in Brazil during the UFC 90 preview show that I recorded last night. It told all about his upbringing (no father, lived with uncle and aunt).

In fact--Silva, Cote and Koscheck all had no father presence whatsoever. Those were the three they profiled and each mentioned it. Coincidence?

5. Mjfan12

Mjfan12 New Member

Jun 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so he likes mls in general?

pretty good for a brasilian who grew up around world class futbol compared to our still fledgling league.

6. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was wearing a United jersey too

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    I get it now, he was wearing a Chicago Fire training kit, in an effort get some Chi-town support. Actually he doesn't need it, cause he is the BEST POUND FOR POUND MMA Fighter on the planet. Sorry Fedor, but the facts are the facts. GSP & BJ Penn in fighting for the 2nd best fighter. imho ;)

8. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow I'd kill to see a GSP/Silva match up

9. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    This just further cements Silva as my favorite fighter. Bad ass skills and he supports MLS.

10. Sweetness

Sweetness Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Don't want to thread jack, but what makes you say Silva is the better fighter?

Fedor has been the undisputed best in the world far years now and has yet to lose a fight (unless you want to count the doctor stoppage to an illegal elbow where they could not grant a no contest because of the tourney format).

Silva is an amazing fighter as well, but it is hard to argue against Fedor as the best in the world simply because he has yet to be beaten in his entire career, while Silva has been caught a few times. Silva is certainly better than anyone in his weight class, but I think Fedor gets the nod imo.;)