Anderlecht v Benfica [Result] Champions League Qualifier

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by panicfc, Aug 24, 2004.

1. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I think you underestimate how good Aruna really is. IMHO Defoe, Keane and Kanoute are not in his league. Only difference is that they have already proven themselves on high level and Aruna has not.

2. Hurley

Hurley New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Porto
    Yes, but I don´t see Tottenham buying him to be a sub.

3. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

I was primarily talking about his salary. I think Anderlecht refuses to pay the salaries Feyenoord pays.

BTW, it's been anounced that A'lecht will invest the money from the CL in its youth academy. Let's hope for some more Kompany's

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably on par with Feyenoord, budget is €25 million Euros - but Anderlecht has Champions League and Feyenoord is in the UEFA Cup.

====
    Tottenham is linked to every player every where. This has been going on for years. "Spurs looking at Zidane, Buffon, Jesus Christ" so its hard to take those links seriously.

5. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd love to see a Feyenoord - Anderlecht match. The two Fortis boys going at it.

Feyenoord's budget is only €25 million Euros? I would have expected more. Opps maybe I should put this in the Feyenoord thread instead ;).

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I don't know what Feyenoord's budget is - but you are right, it should be more. I just knew the Anderlecht figure from my Belgian yearbook. ;)

You would think Fortis would want a game like that - I don't do their marketing, but if I did, I'd want to see that match.