And the Latest Lee News is ??????

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RevsRule, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heaven for bid they move a guy that is top 10 in his position and actually upgrade a position. Trading him to unload money in November I am fine with, doing this after week two of the season you do so to improve your team as you hold the upper hand

kennytt and Mike Marshall repped this.
  2. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope all this is just bull. If the revs trade Lee for anything less than his equivalent, then we're throwing away this season after two games. Cash and draft picks are meaningless. We don't use the cash and draft picks are a crap shoot. We lose.

I don't know what planet the Revs management is on but just in case they read this...here it is:

We flat out suck. We've had two games against weak teams and lost one and got lucky on the other. Could have lost that too if they had a better placed PK and the guy from their team that headed in the second, had ducked. It was going wide.

We could easily be worse than last years team and on the bottom very shortly. This bye weak allows people to forget just how bad we are. Lee and Nemeth are both starters and we're trying to trade them? What good team does that? Who will take their place? Oh yeah... the mystery guy from Columbia... we'll see. He can be the third DM. Not going to put goals in the net or fans in the seats. Use Lee, don't give him away.... we need him

kennytt repped this.
  3. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some teams play the empty bucket formation. Brad is innovative, going with the empty trough...

4. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that's their biggest problem, then the solution is pretty easy--play the guy who's making $500,000! Especially since he's better than everyone else on the team and half they guys in the league at his position.

Y'know, you could put together a pretty good team of all the guys the Revs have run out of town or have been alienated enough that they don't want anything to do with them. Parkhurst, Larentowicz, Soares, Noonan, and you can add Twellman to that list too, since he will barely even acknowledge that he spent his entire playing career here....

MM66, kennytt, BERich and 1 other person repped this.
  5. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shalrie was pretty miffed he could not move to Celtic

6. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey....

7. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dempsey got his wish and moved to Fulham. Shouldn't harbor animosity towards the revs, if anything they helped launch his career

8. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if Dempsey wasn't open to coming back to the Revs (like some of the other guys), but I do recall that the Revs were never in consideration as a possible landing place. There could have been all kinds of factors, but I recall the salary involved was one issue. IIRC, the League paid a transfer fee and since it was their investment, they were going to make sure he went to a place where they actually promoted their star players.

New England was never such a place.

9. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he was definitely coming back to a NY, LA or Seattle. there was no doubt about that

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wasn't open to coming back here.

TOAzer repped this.
  11. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, there was never the possibility of that, but what I wasn't sure about was if Dempsey made it clear that he didn't want to come back. It was kind of a moot point because the Revs were never going to pay, but there have been plenty of other good players out there who have made their preferences known that they'd rather play somewhere other than here.

12. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd posted quotes a few years ago from Dempsey saying that.

13. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I wish people would stop mentioning "shopping Nemeth" based on a single rumor. Teams test the waters all the time - he's a valuable player, why not find out what teams might offer for him. I haven't seen any indication that they are trying to trade him (just that they might be willing to trade him - which is quite different).

As for Nguyen - and you don't seem to be able to accept this - it doesn't seem like he's willing to play here for any extended time.

14. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not saying that should be their priority, but the idea that they'll bury him while paying him $500K isn't going to fly with Bob Kraft. Obviously they could play him, but that does not seem realistic at this juncture. He wants out. They aren't using him. Honestly, I think the best we can hope for is they use that cash to sign someone else this summer. What they get in trade is going to be minimal.

15. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand where you are coming from and I have no doubt in my mind they will unload him and get either money, picks, a non impact player or a combination of just because they have no clue and its the easy way out. There are several teams that are looking at Lee and probably drooling over adding him to their starting 11. A fringe national team player who is good for 8-10 goals and as many assists should command decent compensation. Also he is not making a whole lot in terms of MLS salary. He barely makes the top 100 paid players based on 2017 numbers. He is probably out of that now. There is no reason why the Revs should not be able to trade him for a starting quality player. If they cannot get someone better then what they are running out in their starting 11 for Lee then they fail as a FO. TEAL BUNBURY FOR GOD SAKES! They can't get a better player than him for LEE?

kennytt, A Casual Fan and pwykes repped this.
  16. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully we hear something today or tomorrow in regards to his fate

17. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ill settle for this year for now. We're sinking and Koffee is not going to make any difference. He didnt before and he hasn't got better

18. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NFLPatriot and TOAzer repped this.
  19. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO the answer to all the confusion is simple.
    Les is under contract and the Revs want to keep him and have leverage to do so
    What transpired around training camp put him way behind is getting game fit
    Lee has accepted that he will be playing for the Revs this season
    When Lee is fully game fit and earns a start in practice he will start

20. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Breakup sex works for a few weeks, but eventually you've got to face up to the fact that it's over.

Dr. Sneezy and NFLPatriot repped this.
  21. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

If it's not over in a few weeks, you should call your doctor.

Dr. Sneezy and MM66 repped this.
  22. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's essentially what my rep said who works for the revs.

23. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So sounds like the Revs may have actually been holding out for a legit offer for Lee. Nothing sounded good so he is back to training and will probably see time this weekend

24. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    Could be that....That would make some sense but on the other hand, they did drag him to camp at the end but didn use him. Nemeth however, did/has seen minutes and some say he's was being shopped around. Kind of a double standard. Why hold Lee out but not Nemeth?

Im leaning towards they were just jerking him (Lee) around to drive home the point that he has to earn his spot back. That being said... it's time to use him. There is no way he's not the #1 AM. From Lee's side.... if he wants to get out of here, he needs to show something and that should drive him. Nobody will pay big bucks for a player that can't make the bench. You want to move on? Score goals, get assists, show that you're one of the top AM players in the league. Maybe the fool coaching the NAT team will start looking at you and forget Nagbe? You are better than Nagbe if given a fair shot.

25. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He reported February 11th. He didn't make the 18 on March 10th. You really think that after 4 weeks he's still not in good enough shape to give you 10 minutes off the bench? Sorry, I'm not buying it. There is more to this story than they are telling.

NateP, Dr. Sneezy, firstshirt and 3 others repped this.