American Vandal - Netflix

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

Has anyone watched this? I've just gotten started, I'm three episodes in.
    It's so great! It's basically like if "Project X" met something like "Making a Murderer".
    A mockumentary in which two kids investigate the crime supposedly perpetrated by one of their classmates: the vandalizing of 27 cars belonging to members of the school's staff by spray-painting dicks onto them.

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought this was going to be a review of the 2017 movie starring Liam Neeson, "Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought the White House Down." University of Idaho, Class of 1935: Go Vandals!

[​IMG]

P.S. Lousy movie. This show sounds much better.

Belgian guy repped this.
  3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think it's hilarious, but you have to be into the very specific tone.
    It's the combination of the writers/showrunners taking the procedural elements of the kind of shows they are spoofing super-seriously and mimicking them perfectly and the silly nature of the crime combined as well as the goofiness of some of the protagonists that makes this so irresistible.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I finished this. It's good, though I thought it got a bit too serious for its own good in the last two episodes.

I see they are planning a second season, not sure how well that will work. It will be hard just to replace the kid who plays Dylan in the first season with an equally entertaining protagonist.